• Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.wickedcampers.com.au/our-vehicles
    1969 Datsun 1000 Sedan
    1989 1.6l Daihatsu Charade

Life For me Has it's UP'S and DOWN'S........ I fix ELEVATORS

Comment

More pressing question for when you get a van, which paint scheme : scooby doo or A Team?

Or perhaps the ever popular plain white with free candy hand painted on the side?
      Last edited by Spammy; 11-03-21, 07:16 PM.

Comment

I like white with large speaker icons.

Or black with a huge Death Star on each side, behind the door.
        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Lol, that’s the guy who did my carbon bonnet and it’s similar quality.....

Spent a ton of time and money getting my trailer spot on so not keen on playing around with trailers

I usually wouldn’t consider euro due to reliability but, with vans, it doesn’t seem to matter
          I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

Originally posted by gxxr View Post
            The old 2.7 hilux struggles a bit in the hills and bench seat/ suspension frequency wears you out before you arrive on longer tows I find. Nearly everybody towing in their 4wd will blow past you, but they are reliable if not overheated in typical zero maintenance tradie use.

Load distribution particularly, and rock hard tyres and open diff can be a bit of an issue too.
            I find it perfectly ok if I'm the driver, pretty fucking ordinary for the passenger though. Really not so bad, I'm towing up Cunningsham Gap at least 5 times a year, you need to row the gears but, fuck, I don't really want to be having a go on steep uphill twisties when towing.

You're dead right about open diff and tyres, but this is less of an issue when towing. Once they have some weight on/in/behind they're ok. Yokohama Delivery (I forget the full name) are light years ahead of the Dunlop and Bridgestone rolling stones. That said, I'm going to put an LSD in mine with some 215/50 all terrains, may even take a leaf out of it.
            Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

What about another FG turbo ute with canopy?????

All the advantages of a van, and all the advantages of an XR6 turbo ute......

Comment

The above is an excellent idea. I was tempted by just this. The only thing that stopped me was the additional expenditure and being tempted to mod the fuck out of the tow rig.
                Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

If using a Falcon ute, you'd have to get pretty creative with the innards to be able to have the seat in there to have a cuppa, also have a bed in there, have a 'fridge & microwave in there, etc etc ... wouldn't you?
                  Plus in a van stuff like getting dressed would be a lot simpler?
                  Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

troop carrier? can get with a camper roof too

delica but do they have off the shelf towbar?

grand hiace?

hiace bus?
                    www.holditflat.com

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                      Needing to tow 1700kg & iMax does only 1400kg?
                      Imax auto with brakes its 2000kg.

Dad's one is probably 7-8 years old now, so maybe earlier models had a different capacity.
                      "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                      (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                      Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

We used to have a Renault Traffic van. 2.0L Turbo diesel. The semi-automatic transmission was a little quirky but it was comfortable and drove really nice. They are FWD but I did a bunch of towing with no real concerns.

Might be worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post

Imax auto with brakes its 2000kg.

Dad's one is probably 7-8 years old now, so maybe earlier models had a different capacity.
                          I know what I did wrong ... I looked at the iLoad.
                          I'm super surprised they're different, I thought they were the same vehicle except with our without seats & noise-deadening.
                          Just randomly looking at ratings, 2011 model iLoad is 1500kg, 2011 model iMax is 2300.
                          Workmate had an iMax for ... would've been about 7 years, which was totally trouble-free.

Comment

Anyone had any experience with a Kia Carnival, seems they can tow 2000kg
                            I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

At one point they were infamous for engine problems, not sure what vintage that was but I read something like 30% of them had new motors fitted under warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
                                Anyone had any experience with a Kia Carnival, seems they can tow 2000kg
                                I didnt want to mention it because I havent towed with it but it will certainly fit the bill for chillin' and as a drive in movie car, its alright and it will smoke some fools off the light.

Comment

Working...
                                X