Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boothy.com Porsche 911 Turbo, Lamborghini Aventador crash in Sydney

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er_DailyMailAU

Two supercars rented for a wedding procession crashed when their drivers lost control in Sydney's once-in-century storm.

A Porsche Carrera 911 was written off in Greystanes in the city's west about 1.30pm when the driver lost control and ran into a stationary truck.

The other car, a white Lamborghini, crashed into a tree in nearby Horsley Park.

Click image for larger version

Name:	40741212-9385619-The_Porsche_Carrera_911_valued_at_over_200_000_was_written_off_i-a-8_1616323645590.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	7238496

Click image for larger version

Name:	jbvpb2skqxcntx5u5agx.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	7238497

that vent and door would have had a serious excess...

Oo___oO

Comment

Swedes gunna swede
      Disclaimer: I may have no idea what I am talking about

Comment

The crashes came as a result of the raging storms that have hit NSW with Premier Gladys Berejiklian calling the storms a 'one in a 100 year event.'
        Yeah righto. Quality reporting from the Daily Mail of course. Nothing to do with the swede drivers

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post

Yeah righto. Quality reporting from the Daily Mail of course. Nothing to do with the swede drivers
          I don't know why people even bother with anything that comes from daily mail.

Comment

What's usually the go financially when you stack a rented supercar, do you just wear a huge excess, or is it taken much much further?
            Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

So that's two separate crashes. That's quite an achievement.

What would make this funnier would be if they were both actually by the same driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Babalouie View Post
                What's usually the go financially when you stack a rented supercar, do you just wear a huge excess, or is it taken much much further?
                Sports Car World used to want the excess as a refundable deposit ... I imagine the excess is not small ...
                Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

I was looking at some prestige rental joints the other week and recall seeing most of them take a "deposit" (aka the the excess applicable if you crash) and if you bring their shit back in one piece they give you the money back. As an example, Ferrari California $8k deposit - https://prestige-rentals.com.au/quee...ri-california/
                  Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

I'm thinking the Aventador would have to be 20k excess easily.

Comment

Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
                      that vent and door would have had a serious excess...
                      or should i say "no vent no door"

Oo___oO

Comment

Originally posted by burn is weird View Post

or should i say "no vent no door"
                        hadventanddoor

Comment

We used to do a boat rental with Pacific Boating and the deposit was $10k per use on a $1M boat...I expect lambo similar.
                          When too much horsepower is barely enough

Comment

Originally posted by biteme View Post
                            We used to do a boat rental with Pacific Boating and the deposit was $10k per use on a $1M boat...I expect lambo similar.
                            You would expect though that there is much less chance of sinking a boat than there is crashing a fast car, especially when hiring to swedes.
                            CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post

You would expect though that there is much less chance of sinking a boat than there is crashing a fast car, especially when hiring to swedes.
                              I would think that if it's raining cats and dogs and you're handing over the keys to an Aventador to a random, the chances of it not coming back are 80-90%
                              Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

Working...
                              X