No announcement yet.

A sad day....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It appears my neighbour with a 2020 V8 diesel sahara and a C63 is a goddamm genius.

Oo___oO

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
      What else are you going to buy? It’s not as if it’s only MB who have been forced down the hybrid/EV route....
      There’s no such thing as a manual AMG, is there?
      So this is just more of the same; but with extra added on top.
      Last edited by Captiva Fan; 01-04-21, 08:52 PM.
      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by sirhsv View Post
        Be interested to see how this affects sales for AMG here given our love for their V8 powered cars. Some people aren’t gonna give a shit and just want the latest and greatest but I can see some potential buyers down here going fuck this I don’t want half the cylinders and buying something else. Or keeping their V8 and not upgrading at all.
        The V8 powered commodore sales did well keeping Holden alive !!

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Now the C63's can fart and pop and sound like aids just like the A45 and every other euro hatchback.

Comment

Some of you guys act like australia is anything more than a drop in the ocean as far as prestige car sales go.

I don't think they can even use the country as a dumping ground for all the stuff that doesn't comply to new emissions standards like they used to as im pretty sure the government decided to adopt euro standards and save themselves the paperwork of developing their own codes.

Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
            This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

The government is still dragging its heels heavily on Euro 6, mainly because our fuel quality is so shit it won't work with most of those engines.. and I would say the fuel co's here don't want to spend the money to fix that/pass on the extra cost.

Europe has had that in place since 2015, so yes they can still sell the euro 5 stuff here, whereas they can't over there.
              RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Originally posted by fury View Post
                The government is still dragging its heels heavily on Euro 6, mainly because our fuel quality is so shit it won't work with most of those engines.. and I would say the fuel co's here don't want to spend the money to fix that/pass on the extra cost.

Europe has had that in place since 2015, so yes they can still sell the euro 5 stuff here, whereas they can't over there.
                Maybe they don't see the point in improving fuel quality standards if alternate fuels are in the pipe line (pun intended) ?
                Sent from my shed, trapped under a collapsed QuickJack, via Tapatalk

Comment

This would be the same government that isn’t keen to see petrol/diesel go anywhere soon?

There’s only two ways this is going to play out - Either the government will be dragged kicking and screaming into phasing out current fuel standards because there will be fewer and fewer cars made that support them, or cars on sale will become lower and lower spec because manufacturers won’t make special-case vehicles for a small high-value market and will instead just ship the kind of cars that poorer RHD Asian countries get.
                  Last edited by perthdrivers.txt; 02-04-21, 03:17 PM.
                  Originally posted by Jim
                  I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                  What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post

Maybe they don't see the point in improving fuel quality standards if alternate fuels are in the pipe line (pun intended) ?
                    Seems like excuse making and finding absolutely any reason for not doing anything which our country seems to be great at when it comes to these things.

If they really just wanted to bypass the question of emissions altogether, they'd probably backing electrical vehicles, which they aren't doing either.
                    RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Originally posted by Roy928tt View Post
                      Hmmm a current C63 weighs 1730 kg + 200kg of battery & etc. = 1930kg, hardly a small car.

A Lotus Evora GT410 is 1300 kg, I know what I'd rather have.

In fact I'm such a sick puppy I'd probably be quite happy with an 80 hp Mini Moke ! Low power low speed fun.
                      Small and light aren't the same.

A C Class is still a small car.
                      Originally posted by brasher
                      TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by fury View Post
                        Seems like excuse making and finding absolutely any reason for not doing anything which our country seems to be great at when it comes to these things.

If they really just wanted to bypass the question of emissions altogether, they'd probably backing electrical vehicles, which they aren't doing either.
                        There is a MASSIVE push to hydrogen from renewable on both sides of the Government.

IMHO - This might be a better solution than Li batteries. I've worked on all levels of Li production from digging out of the ground to processing and it's ugly. Cobalt aint much better. I'm thinking there will be a mix in the near future of Hydrogen and electric vehicles.

Comment

I thought Lithium batteries weren't as big of an issue as they once were, especially with manufacturers implementing battery management software that doesn't push them to their limits, allowing them to maintain decent capacity past 10 years. The elephant in the room isn't how the energy is stored but where the energy is generated imho. Hydrogen doesn't solve that since the energy still comes from the electricity grid if I'm not wrong. Storing energy for an electric motor in high pressure gas looks less and less appealing the more lithium battery fast charging technology evolves.

Comment

Originally posted by TMM View Post
                            I thought Lithium batteries weren't as big of an issue as they once were
                            I've set up Li mines, seen the mining and been involved with two Li plants in Kwinana. Stuff is not pretty even compared with other mineral and hydrocarbon mining and production I've been involved with

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post

I've set up Li mines, seen the mining and been involved with two Li plants in Kwinana. Stuff is not pretty even compared with other mineral and hydrocarbon mining and production I've been involved with
                              Sure. I meant in terms of energy density of lithium batteries and lifespan of the packs, they are improving. I agree that they are just a stepping stone to a better storage technology, i'm just not convinced that hydrogen (or any other high pressure gas for that matter) is it for passenger vehicles.

Comment

Hydrogen is just a way for Shell/BP etc to keep their business model going
                                Originally posted by Jim
                                I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                                What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Working...
                                X