Removalists - moving the house and the shed - Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removalists - moving the house and the shed - Vic

So after 4 years of searching nopics and I finally found and bought a property we both agree on. So now comes the fun part, moving.

Due to settlement dates we won't have access to the new property until the day we settle our current house. The issue that arises is moving the contents of the shed.

I have an 80m2 shed with a 40m2 mezzanine and it's quite full.

Can anyone recommend a removalist that are good with moving car stuff?

I am crating up most of the stuff I can but it is all the odd shaped stuff like gearboxes, blocks, 2 stroke motorbike exhausts etc that I know most removalists will struggle with.

Cheers
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Hire yourself a container (or two) and fill em up over the next month or so. Just watch out for maximum weights for the towy/truck driver to pick them up. We did that for our shed because removalists didn’t want to touch it for packing.

Comment

Pretty much every removalist I called last year didn’t want to touch the garage. Reasons ranged from oil to weight etc. I would be doing the container method too, but take in mind that it will be angled to 30deg on loading, so you don’t have happen what I saw with a big cabinet saw breaking free and slamming into the back of the container doors.
      Chris
      ------
      The new nugget
      I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

^^^ Just need a sideloader trailer to avoid that. Everything stays level.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8220.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	7241893

I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
          ^^^ Just need a sideloader trailer to avoid that. Everything stays level.

Name:	DSC_8220.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	7241893
          Yeah, most urban stuff (and i know Jake's driveway) wont use a side loader due to access restrictions. Instead you end up with this

Name:	324815_10150569355325944_1164001683_o.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	411.1 KB
ID:	7241897
          Attached Files
          Chris
          ------
          The new nugget
          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

cheapest way to move - 2nd last time we moved we had 6 weeks between settling on next property so i buight a 20ft container for $1600 and loaded it up with everything we could survive without - and it was packed to the roof! nothing inside could move. day we settled had it delivered, then used it for storage.
            have a container at this property now too for "temporary storage"
            fyi 20ft container canbue moved by normal tray tow truck (3.5-4t limit) 40ft requires a semi & sideloader and loads of access - costs loads more.

Comment

Also, side loaders need lots of gate space to enter - when I got my 40ft container delivered we had to pull a decent section of the fence down from the truck to go in - we live on small acreage with a 48m frontage and even with that it was a bit restricted by trees etc so worth considering that aspect.

Comment

You can get 40' tilt trays but they're pricey.
                Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

Comment

Unfortunately the container idea won't work, powerlines, narrow driveway and council issues are stopping that.

That and I can't find a 20ft container for under $3300 at the moment.

Current thinking is hire a couple of trucks and move it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo510 View Post

Current thinking is hire a couple of trucks and move it myself.
                    That is what we ended up having to do. True to form it pissed down with rain when moving the mill and lathe.

Name:	9E8E9C66-ACE0-4B6B-8A3F-348BB63382D8.jpeg
Views:	218
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	7241911
                    Chris
                    ------
                    The new nugget

Comment

containers are really dear at the moment, $3300 sounds cheap TBH
                      also many local councils (at least in QLD) won't let you keep a container on a a residential property for more than a few weeks, so you cant use them as storage

Comment

"temporary storage"

Comment

Originally posted by dan- View Post
                          containers are really dear at the moment, $3300 sounds cheap TBH
                          also many local councils (at least in QLD) won't let you keep a container on a a residential property for more than a few weeks, so you cant use them as storage
                          $3300+ gst was the cheapest, 2 out of the 5 suppliers I tried had no stock.

16 cubic metre truck for $95/day sounds like the best option so far

Comment

How far are you moving? Like what distance in kilometers?

Comment

PortShipping Containers, Royal Wolf etc have them, or get them off Gumtree etc.

I bought a 20 foot and had it delivered to my previous suburban house on 500m2, and we put all the nopics stuff in it, as her ex kept going to the farm when she was out, and stealing stuff.
                              When we bought the new farm after her old place sold, we took the container to the new place and used it as storage. Recently swapped it for a 40 foot container to piss off the cunty neighbours by blocking their view. Gonna cut the side out of it and put in a sliding door etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X