Toyota Corolla GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
    you can fit a 6ft tall person in the back of the yaris.
    You can in a Corolla too, but It’s really tight, at 6’2 I fit in the rear seat behind the front seat adjusted to be comfortable, but the rear seat is basically sit in a single position, don’t move much etc. I wouldn’t volunteer to sit in one for an hour.

Be honest, adjust your front seats for occupant comfort. Then get in the back seat, then be driven about a few hours. Tell me it’s all awesome and you’d do it every day
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

We do it a bit as the young bloke gets car sick in the twisties if he's in the back seat. She tells me there's heaps of space *shrugs*.
      .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by Stevil View Post
        23Kev on looks alone the Corolla is dogs breakfast, whats chassis upgrades will the GR Corolla have ?

This will be a mass produced 1.6T up against a bunch of 2.0T, not saying it wont sell but lets get real here it will end up on the track against some polished products and a heavier GR Corolla will need to be full of the all the go fast bits to run with the pack
        As I mentioned in my original post, EVERYTHING in this thread is speculation and dreamed up by magazines and other people. Toyota have confirmed nothing about the car, engine, drivetrain, chassis etc. Who the fuck knows what chassis upgrades will have. Who the fuck knows how much it will weigh, how much power it will have, how fast it is etc.
        I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

As I mentioned in my original post, EVERYTHING in this thread is speculation and dreamed up by magazines and other people. Toyota have confirmed nothing about the car, engine, drivetrain, chassis etc. Who the fuck knows what chassis upgrades will have. Who the fuck knows how much it will weigh, how much power it will have, how fast it is etc.
          Lol mate l, you come across as really defensive when you comment about the Corolla. So what if it’s not confirmed at this stage? There was a time when the Yaris wasn’t and anything people said was speculation. Excitement and discussion about a potential new Toyota hot boi hatch doesn’t take anything away from the Yaris 🤷🏻‍♂️

Comment

Also, fuck I hope it’s faster than 6.5s to 100 🤣 My old C30 is faster than that 😅

Comment

Why so angry bro ?

I reckon the latest Corolla looks good. A hot hatch version would be a cracker at the right price...

The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

The only people who give a fuk about 'motorsport cred' are the people who buy a GR yaris so they can tell all their golfing buddies about how their car is a WRC homo special, even after the WRC project has been canned. If the car is fun to drive people will buy it, even if it is has a Yaris badge on the back...

Re: Corolla, looks pretty good. 0-100 time is to be taken with a grain of salt on cars that get delivered to the US because the gearing is usually optimized for 0-60mph, so you need 3rd gear to hit 100kmh.
                I wanted to buy a new Corolla for a daily but of course in Australia you can't get anything other than the most poverty spec model with 3 pedals so ended up buying a Civic Type R instead. Even if the Corolla GR turns out not to be a serious competitor to Civic type R, Golf GTi/R and other hot hatches i'll still be glad that it exists and that people buy them instead of gerly truks.

Originally posted by Stevil View Post
                This will be a mass produced 1.6T up against a bunch of 2.0T, not saying it wont sell but lets get real here it will end up on the track against some polished products and a heavier GR Corolla will need to be full of the all the go fast bits to run with the pack
                Isn't the current corolla hatch under 1400kg? (edit manual 2.0L is 1320kg) It's not light, but it's not euro-heavy either. I think people forget how good the chassis of base model hatchbacks are these days. A Golf GTI is just a normal golf with slightly heavier springs/shocks isn't it?
                Last edited by TMM; 06-05-21, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Weight I found for manual is 1400kg, v 1320kg for the GR Yaris. Granted there will end up being extra weight in a GR Rolla, but there’s not that much in it.

Comment

Originally posted by brasher View Post
                    If it’s sub 50 I’m on.

It’s like a not shit ugly looking wrx
                    Fixed for you
                    RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Fuck you counts are easily offended. I’m trying to be realistic. Have a read of the Yaris thread, I was speculating like a mofo once we knew what was real. As I’ve said, Toyota haven’t released any info on the car.
                      It’s obvious I’m a fan of the Yaris but I have always been a huge fan of any thing Toyota have done. Like most of you I reckon the new Corolla looks fucking great, there is a white one in my area with a black roof and black accents on the front bar, it looks unreal. If the GR Rolla, when it’s real and announced looks anything like that one it will be a winner.

As I said, just trying to be realistic while Toyota aren’t saying anything. Once they say that it’s coming I’ll use what I know about the Yaris to work out what we can about the Rolla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fury View Post

Fixed for you
                        Corolla looks way better than WRX

Comment

Fuck you counts are easily offended. I’m trying to be realistic. Have a read of the Yaris thread, I was speculating like a mofo once we knew what was real. As I’ve said, Toyota haven’t released any info on the car.
                          It’s obvious I’m a fan of the Yaris but I have always been a huge fan of any thing Toyota have done. Like most of you I reckon the new Corolla looks fucking great, there is a white one in my area with a black roof and black accents on the front bar, it looks unreal. If the GR Rolla, when it’s real and announced looks anything like that one it will be a winner.

As I said, just trying to be realistic while Toyota aren’t saying anything. Once they say that it’s coming I’ll use what I know about the Yaris to work out what we can about the Rolla.

Hahahahaha wut. Have you seen the amount of butthurt portrayed through your posts? 🤣🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

Comment

60k easy, maybe 65 by the time it actually gets here.

I was kinda hoping it would be the 3 cyl up the front and electric at the back.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bren View Post

Hahahahaha wut. Have you seen the amount of butthurt portrayed through your posts? 🤣🤣🤦🏻‍♂️
                              Ok. Not butthurt at all. But you believe what you want.
                              I’m realistic about the actual info that’s available.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren View Post

Corolla looks way better than WRX
                                er, isn't that what I said? maybe i need brackets then,, It’s like a not (shit ugly looking wrx)
                                Last edited by fury; 06-05-21, 09:15 PM.
                                RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Working...
                                X