Toyota Corolla GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, I drunk purchased my yaris.

Would drunk buy a rolla that did what they yaris did fo sho. (esp if it could tow circa 250k-500g and had ground clearance)

Kev did influence said drunk purchase. As much as not buying a new evo10 I jerked off over at a dealership did, (Was yellow, was hot and DTF)
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by fury View Post

er, isn't that what I said? maybe i need brackets then,, It’s like a not (shit ugly looking wrx)
      Hahaha ah gotcha. Wasn't sure as could be read both ways. Dude at work is set on buying a new WRX, I feel bad for the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
        again, why not a golf r? better in all respects.
        Because it's $20k-$25k more, and you can only get them with an automatic gearbox for minimum funs.
        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

And because it's a Golf.

Comment

Not being euro means it will last forever

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
            Like most of you I reckon the new Corolla looks fucking great, there is a white one in my area with a black roof and black accents on the front bar, it looks unreal.
            I think it looks great, but I hate the black roof, it really shows off that the window line drops down, then goes back up, which looks a bit strange, ok enough in one colour, but just no good with black roof.

I do hope the wagon gets here and at a reasonable price, considering importing a hybrid wagon as it is in a year or two.
            Last edited by S_E; 07-05-21, 06:38 PM.
            Originally posted by ALLMTR
            Yes but more power is the solution, even if lack of power isn't the problem...

Comment

Originally posted by Bren View Post
              And because it's a Golf.
              A mate of mine summed up the Yaris really well after he drove it. Its fast in an uncomplicated and unassuming way. It doesn't have 15 modes with 10 suspension, exhaust, brake settings. It doesn't crackle and fart and carry on.

So long as you don't stall it (he stalled it heaps but blamed it on the light clutch compared to his XR8) its a fucking easy thing to drive and it gets shit done bloody rapidly. I hope the Corolla will be the same.
              I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

^ That stalling thing ... a lot of Japanese clutches starting from the late 80's are a bit of a surprise if you're used to just about anything else. My KE38's clutch felt like a ye olde truck compared to my mate's SR20 N14's clutch!
                I'm moderately sure my memory is correct if I state that even the Citroen C3 (rental) had a noticeably heavier clutch than (for example) a Toyobaru.

I reckon the Corolla will be kinda similar, in that IF they build it, it'll really be like whatever you get in the current top-of-the-range Corolla with a GR powertrain fitted.
                And I think most of the Japanese manufacturers moved back towards simplicity rather than the mode-for-this/mode-for-that stuff they started on in the 80's & 90's (eg. the eletronically-adjustable dampers in 323's & 626's)?
                Last edited by Captiva Fan; 07-05-21, 05:55 PM.
                Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

The $40k drive away Yaris was a good buy, I don't feel they are a $50k car. If this thing keeps the GR 3 banger it would be quite disappointing in my opinion.
                  Originally posted by My mate Nathan
                  "Boob is almost as good as cunt"

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
                    again, why not a golf r? better in all respects.
                    In what way? Fucking Golf R is the dullest least interesting car I've driven this lifetime.

So fucking capable I wasn't sure it was moving.

Golf R proves the theory about what made old Italian cars great - perfection sucks.

Comment

Interesting that the Yaris is easy to stall. Fiesta impossible to stall but I think it has some kind of anti stall electronic shenanigan's to assist with that (drive by wire throttle stuff).

Corolla to me looks more interesting than Yaris. Maybe slower but Yaris is distinctly white goods like in the looks department (finally saw my first one in the flesh on a trip back from Sydney yesterday). Having said that, no worse than my Fiesta. Both are far from pretty or interesting. Both clearly deliver the goods in the fun dept!

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
                        So what I’m hearing is 221kw is easy for the Yaris
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_inline_mvm76nbFD91qljrg5.gif
Views:	219
Size:	491.3 KB
ID:	7250901
                        "That which does not kill you, will make you very, very sick" - so says mizones mum

Comment

Originally posted by JabberWocky View Post
                          The $40k drive away Yaris was a good buy, I don't feel they are a $50k car. If this thing keeps the GR 3 banger it would be quite disappointing in my opinion.
                          I also agree they aren't a $50k car. $45k is the sweet spot for size vs speed vs equipment.
                          Whats wrong with the G16E? I reckon its a cracker of an engine with a great top end that just loves to rev. Its definitely no euro torque monster, which is a good thing.
                          I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

A mate of mine summed up the Yaris really well after he drove it. Its fast in an uncomplicated and unassuming way. It doesn't have 15 modes with 10 suspension, exhaust, brake settings. It doesn't crackle and fart and carry on.

So long as you don't stall it (he stalled it heaps but blamed it on the light clutch compared to his XR8) its a fucking easy thing to drive and it gets shit done bloody rapidly. I hope the Corolla will be the same.
                            Good call on the not having a million modes for different things etc. Just get in and drive fast. And both the Yaris and the current Corolla look better than a Golf R, too. Golf is so boring!

Comment

Originally posted by JabberWocky View Post
                              Why's that? Granted AWD drivetrain will add weight, but base model Corolla is only about 80kg heavier than GR Yaris, so with more power from the 3 banger it won't be too far behind the Yaris.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren View Post
                                Why's that? Granted AWD drivetrain will add weight, but base model Corolla is only about 80kg heavier than GR Yaris, so with more power from the 3 banger it won't be too far behind the Yaris.
                                I suspect you'd be looking at close to 200kg by the time it's on the road; however, I do also think that more powahs from turbo engines probably cope with extra weight better than more powahs from a high-revving n/a.
                                I reckon 220-odd kW is plenty for the Corolla, however, and I think whether this theoretical not-yet-confirmed car is any good will depend on it's dynamics.

Comment

Working...
                                X