Toyota Corolla GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stevil View Post
    How many sportivo corolla's did Toyota sell at $39K ?? I honestly dont think the market would pay more than $45-47K for a corolla GR, it has no motorsport credentials.
    Back in the day I heard between 2003 and 2005 Toyota sold around 5000 Sportivo Corollas. Keeping in mind the monthly sales of all corollas at the time was around 3500. They were also $29k, and by the end you could get them for $26k.
    My car
    Corolla
    Originally posted by brasher
    I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDave View Post
      Back in the day I heard between 2003 and 2005 Toyota sold around 5000 Sportivo Corollas. Keeping in mind the monthly sales of all corollas at the time was around 3500. They were also $29k, and by the end you could get them for $26k.
      I think he might have been referring to the bodged-up-in-Straya Sportivo Levin in the prior bodyshape, which had a low-boost turbo bolted to a n/a 1.8 for about a 33% price-increase over the same spec-level without the turbo?
      They were $38k+ORC.

Thing is, they also weren't a very good car. That model Corolla had pretty woeful dynamics, and adding torque didn't help any of that. They mostly didn't sell well because they weren't a very good car, rather than just the price-tag.
      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

They should build a GR Corolla with the Yaris AWD and trickery using a Kluger engine with a turbo.
        Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

nah they should just make the Toyota Blade AWD and manual, maybe with a turbo too

Comment

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
            nah they should just make the Toyota Blade AWD and manual, maybe with a turbo too
            Let me leave this here:

E153 on a 2GR
            Click image for larger version

Name:	eng-mount-rear1.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	7251062

2001-05 Rav4 4WD manual trans transfer case
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ravtrans1.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	7251061
            Chris
            ------
            The new nugget
            I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

haha wow

Impressive if that even comes close to a working V6 AWD parts-bin special!
              Originally posted by Jim
              I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
              What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDave View Post

You were right Dave, they were $29K. I remember when I got my 1.8L 104kw Civic Vti in 2011 I took it to the Creek and battled with the same Sportivo 2ZZ-GE on 3 different occasion. His 141kw left me for dead down the straight and I spent the rest of the lap catching up. A T25 turbo was bolted onto my R18 motor and 147kw let me play with stock evo's and wrx's.

Comment

It was a flawed car though, never as quick as the 141kw suggested because it was near impossible to keep it “on cam”
                  Originally posted by Jim
                  I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                  What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
                    They should build a GR Corolla with the Yaris AWD and trickery using a Kluger engine with a turbo.
                    Should just put slammed suspension on a Kluger, would probably save some R&D costs.

Comment

do you work for toyota?
                      .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by TMM View Post
                        Should just put slammed suspension on a Kluger, would probably save some R&D costs.
                        Your italics here go against the fact that they could probably do EXACTLY that, and create a total shitbox that the swathes of unwashed SUV-leg-humping masses would kill each other to buy ...
                        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                          Your italics here go against the fact that they could probably do EXACTLY that, and create a total shitbox that the swathes of unwashed SUV-leg-humping masses would kill each other to buy ...
                          Well there is talk of a GR Sport Hilux and a GR Sport Rav4!
                          GR Sport is a trim and light suspension tune spec, so doesn’t actually mean anything good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

I also agree they aren't a $50k car. $45k is the sweet spot for size vs speed vs equipment.
                            Whats wrong with the G16E? I reckon its a cracker of an engine with a great top end that just loves to rev. Its definitely no euro torque monster, which is a good thing.
                            I would expect it to be too heavy but has been said, it will be interesting to see what sort of numbers they unwind out of it*. The Carolla is much more appealing to me for practicality. I'm not old enough yet to get away with a two door sports car or rich enough...

*If it does go ahead.
                            Last edited by JabberWocky; 11-05-21, 09:49 AM.
                            Originally posted by My mate Nathan
                            "Boob is almost as good as cunt"

Comment

[QUOTE=takai;n7251060]

Let me leave this here:

E153 on a 2GR

2001-05 Rav4 4WD manual trans transfer case

Haha what a weapon, do it!

Comment

Not a fan of the looks but apparently the new Golf R is a much more exciting car to drive than the older ones. Diff trickery drifto mode and such.

Comment

Working...
                                X