Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kinda Barn find 1974 Fiat & 1959 Merc - what are they worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda Barn find 1974 Fiat & 1959 Merc - what are they worth?

So the story goes that my neighbour has inherited these two cars and is keen to find out what they're worth as they have no desire to keep them. Seeing as they're uncertain about their true value, they've asked me if I have a clue. The inner Swede in me is telling me to lowball them, but they're a nice couple, so the least I could do is research for historical sale data, and of course, ask PF.

Does anyone know much about these things? Photos below.
    Kebabhunter

Blue thing is a fiat 130. $30-40k.

Comment

Merc looks to be a W180 220S

Anywhere from $40'000 to $80'000 ?
      Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
      Originally posted by nutttr
      People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

A Fiat 130 coupe no less, that is rare enough, but one that is not simply a pile of ferrous oxide on the floor, incredible.
        " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Nice, thanks guys.
          Yeah the Merc seems to have a wide price range. This particular example looks to be a bit dull on the outside, so may prove challenging to fetch top dollar.

Is CarSales effective for these sort of cars?
          Kebabhunter

Comment

Spend $1000-1500 on a decent detail/paint correction and that's merc will probably come up a million bucks.
            solid inheritance, gorgeous cars.

Comment

,merc roundie or ponton .

if 220s 15-20k
              if 190 10-16K

if 190 D diesel -goodluck
              Last edited by 9triton; 31-05-21, 09:50 PM.

Comment

130 Coupes are fucking mint. Love them.

List them on Collecting Cars?

Comment

Is that the Fiat with the Dino V6??

Comment

It is a W180 220s as it has the extra window in the rear. The front bumper should be one piece and it will have twin carbs.

Old man has had a 56 220a with an S motor in it for over 50yrs. Value wise for what ever reason they have never really been worth decent coin while other models of similar vintage have climbed. Full resto's have always been considered a waste of money so most people in the club just tried to keep them on the road.

I would say it is prob worth around 20k if no rust and a runner. If it was a coupe or convertible it would be worth almost 10x that.

Dad is a bit of guru on these so if you have any q's shoot me a pm and can put you in contact with him.

Comment

Originally posted by mrniceguy View Post
                      Is that the Fiat with the Dino V6??
                      No, it’s a common misconception. It’s a Lampredi designed SOHC per bank 3.2, loosely based off the SOHC 4s is the 128 and x19. Big bore, short stroke. Great engine.

The 130 coupe, while rare, is no where near as rare as the sedan in Australia. If it’s in top condition probably 30-35, but would likely be on the market for a while. If you were prepared to do a little more work, likely get far more money in Europe.
                      Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Isnt there a few auction houses you go sell cars for a huge price tags? Or is there more to it than that?

Comment

what gearbox is in the merc?

Comment

Wow that coupe is stunning!
                            Originally posted by thebluerx7
                            The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

That 130 looks fantastic, damn.
                              Originally posted by myshortyboomba
                              I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Comment

Working...
                              X