No announcement yet.

Catalytic Converter scrap prices 2021 edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a particulate filter is not worth anything compared to petrol cat.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post
      We recently had a dpf stolen off one of our trucks (plus sensor) they used a reciprocating saw so it was obviously for scrap.
      $3500+ for the DPF and $800+ for the sensor.

We managed to find a wrecker who only wanted $800 for the lot. Not sure if he knew what it was worth.
      Does it fit perfectly into the cuts?
      "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

There's habibs all over the WRX FB groups paying $1K+ for OEM down pipes.

Comment

Pretty sure my e46 was bought at grays just for its cats.
          Originally posted by Stix Z
          i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
          Originally posted by Jim
          Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

Apparently the Prius and other hybrids have the most valuable cats.

Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster, Clock Lobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

My nopics is making about US$15k per month buying and reselling catalytic converters in Jakarta.

She has a couple of recyclers based in Thailand and Malaysia she sells to by the container load.

With the turnover she generates, they'll send her advances of US$50k every couple of weeks so she buys with their money.

She now has about 4 people working for her doing admin and going and finding the converters, and can pay them good money for local wages.

I'm just dirty she refuses to keep me as her toy boy.....

Comment

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
                My nopics is making about US$15k per month buying and reselling catalytic converters in Jakarta.

She has a couple of recyclers based in Thailand and Malaysia she sells to by the container load.

With the turnover she generates, they'll send her advances of US$50k every couple of weeks so she buys with their money.

She now has about 4 people working for her doing admin and going and finding the converters, and can pay them good money for local wages.

I'm just dirty she refuses to keep me as her toy boy.....
                By admin, do you mean guys with sawzalls?
                Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster, Clock Lobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Nah, all genuine non-swede collection methods.....

Comment

When did this become the new bitcoin?

Comment

That one cat that i have lying around must be worth billions. #iknowwhatihave
                      Chris
                      ------
                      The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                      I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
                        That one cat that i have lying around must be worth billions. #iknowwhatihave
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	surprised-shocked-animals-funny-27__880.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	7259780
                        "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post

Does it fit perfectly into the cuts?
                          ROFL. It was so convenient!

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Originally posted by willsy01 View Post
                            There's habibs all over the WRX FB groups paying $1K+ for OEM down pipes.
                            Fuuuuuck I've given away a few of those 😫

Comment

I threw both my i30 ones in the bin. Then was flabbergasted when Hyundai said they wanted $5,300 for a new manifold one.

Ended up buying second hand for about $320.

What do they ACTUALLY do with them? I'm aware of the palladium.

Comment

Originally posted by BLO 767 View Post

What do they ACTUALLY do with them? I'm aware of the palladium.
                                Thats the big question. I assume they are smelted down and the palladium/platinum/metal jizz is extracted out

Comment

Working...
                                X