Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fatboy View Post

Thanks guys.

My daily is due for a new cat as it's starting to rattle, probably should say i want to keep it to offset the cost of new one. Which i expect won't be cheap !
    The local muffler guy put a new generic cat on the Territory back in 2016 - was sub $400 incl fitting from memory.

Comment

I assume this means all the 'performance' 100/200 cell cats on ebay don't actually have much of this exotic stuff in them?

Comment

Most of them are high flow so they are void of the type of particle filtration screens where the precious metals are. They just have stainless mesh.

Cats as a whole aren't like they used to be. Like a VN Commodore cat that barely worked and would block up in 3 months, is not the same that's on a new car and valuable - which actually works VERY well and uses some fancy science trickery aided by those magical unicorn jizz elements.
        Last edited by BLO 767; 09-06-21, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Ford Territory ebay cat $205
          https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/22265911...0AAOSwz19gRrIX

Comment

Originally posted by willsy01 View Post
            There's habibs all over the WRX FB groups paying $1K+ for OEM down pipes.
            People ask to buy my stock catback all the time! I'm like why..... this thread explains it I suppose.

Comment

I sold the two factory cats off my ISF to some specialty metal scrapper on the gold coast for $1200. Some are worth more than others it seems
              Evo VIII MR

Comment

Originally posted by SLrocket View Post
                I sold the two factory cats off my ISF to some specialty metal scrapper on the gold coast for $1200. Some are worth more than others it seems
                Boom! thats what i like to hear since i still have the two cats off my ISF....
                Originally posted by Jim
                I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post
                  We recently had a dpf stolen off one of our trucks (plus sensor) they used a reciprocating saw so it was obviously for scrap.
                  $3500+ for the DPF and $800+ for the sensor.

We managed to find a wrecker who only wanted $800 for the lot. Not sure if he knew what it was worth.
                  DPF are worth fuck all for scrap... they dont have the good stuff that euro 5 cats do
                  im a cunt
                  and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Originally posted by bpm View Post
                    Bloke walked into the shop offering 400 each for VE commodore ones last week
                    Ugh. I fucked off 2 VE cats for $60 ea when I was cleaning out the old house.

Comment

Originally posted by 10sec rx7 View Post

DPF are worth fuck all for scrap... they dont have the good stuff that euro 5 cats do
                      That said... a new one for a VDJ79 is over 3k and a s/h one goes around 1200
                      Location Perth Western Australia

Comment

those Toyota have so many dpf issues hence the high second hand price
                        im a cunt
                        and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Guys were offering $1300USD+ for MKV Supra cats. I have one in the shed but I'm keeping hold of it for the slim chance I have to go for an inspection with my "ultra high flow" cat.
                          6L FD3S RX7
                          GR Supra
                          Jeeps JK, CJ7, WK2

Comment

Don't diesels have cats too? Or do they not have as much precious metals?

Comment

Originally posted by brasher View Post

People ask to buy my stock catback all the time! I'm like why..... this thread explains it I suppose.
                              hmmmm I should advertise my stock exhaust... i didnt think it was worth anything with the cat.... hence why i just leave it outside... i should advertise it lol
                              /csh Racing

Comment

I have some WRX sti cars I wonder what they're worth.

Comment

Working...
                                X