Catalytic Converter scrap prices 2021 edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
    Is nicking catalytic converters the next generation cunts stealing all the copper from the train network infrastructure?
    Originally posted by nastysven View Post
    I was wondering why the were the flavour of the month.
    On the freeway about 35km and further south of Perf the MO is to get a big car with a tow bar (Patrol/Falcon/Rodeo etc) and pull up next the inspection caps on street lights down the freeway median strip.Open inspection cap, tie rope to wires, tie other end of rope to tow bar, drive off - Sell copper - Cash for meth

I first heard about this five years ago,it's still happening
    "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Maybe these should go in the funny thread?

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg-2.jpg.0f6d5478a3658517f4074832c3bbcad1.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	7273532

Name:	images.jpeg-1.jpg.b4b377f76818b5409268a176a8ede87d.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	7273531

Name:	image.png.3701c409fba5c39446285ebf80763cb9.png
Views:	288
Size:	367.0 KB
ID:	7273530

Comment

Bloody Waikanae train station...

Seriously though, those cages look like a good idea, given how this appears to be a global issue nowadays.

My guess is in the near future, some kind of OEM protection will become standard on all new cars that have cats

Comment

problem will likely be ignored as almost every oem has said theyre going to only sell electric cars in the next 5-10yrs
          1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

It amazes me that anti-EV types will take every opportunity to tell everyone how Lithium is so rare and expensive that EVs will never replace internal combustion vehicles and yet here we are with ICE components made of metals 1000x more precious that there is a literal epidemic of theft of them
            Originally posted by Jim
            I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
            What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

But Australia has the largest deposits of lithium. Yet we don't think of making at least the high end batteries here.

I would be going for those cat protections plates and maybe go well with the modifier people if they were also double up as chassis braces.

Comment

I did hear a polly or some one going about setting up battery production here recently.
                .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Fuck, really think that sort of foresight is available when they can even organise to stick needles in 20 million cunts, even though gp's do this yearly?

Far better for their donors and shareholders to get rich off mining royalties and inflated share prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
                    Seriously though, those cages look like a good idea, given how this appears to be a global issue nowadays.
                    Just install an aftermarket cat if yours gets stolen. Here it's not such as issue, in the US/UK they have way more stringent yearly emissions tests and need OEM cats to pass.

Comment

Even if you put a cat delete, as long as it doesn't blow visible smoke and make too much noise, you'll be fine.

Comment

Most new cars have the cats in the engine bay right after the turbo. A lot harder to get to than under the car.
                        Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                          I did hear a polly or some one going about setting up battery production here recently.
                          Yeah there is one being built in the Newcastle/Hunter Valley region apparently.

Comment

IIRC it was some cunt from BHP,.
                            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Working...
                            X