Rpm act?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rpm act?

Heard a bit about this online. Apparently the US EPA is clamping down on anyone who sells anything that can change a vehicles emissions. This is federal not just state. PFI speed just got fined $18000 for sell interceptor ecus.

This could have huge implications here as well as there
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

As in people will buy local products?

Good.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Yea this is fkd, can see EPA in Vic drooling at the thought.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/23833/...defeat-devices

Emmission defect device is any aftermarket ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
        As in people will buy local products?

Good.
        The lazy fucks in Canberra will just adopt anything thats there so it could well suck

Comment

The amount of shit some of these shops get away with in the US though for street use and then blatantly advertise it on TV programs and youtube is pretty full on. Even some of the programs you watch on FTA from the US I shake my head and think how do they get away with that on the street in the US.

From reading the article posted by gmr it wouldn't be difficult to get around this. Tuning shops just need to purchase a recognized emissions testing device and include that as part of their tuning, before and after. If they can show emissions are actually reduced then they would have a pretty good legal basis to take to the EPA to say 'hey, we're actually part of the solution'. Just another thing these companies need to adapt to and something that has been coming now for a long time.

Comment

I posted this on facebook, but i will say it here.

I find it funny how he tries to step away from it as we sell these online, we don't fit them.... reminds me of the good old. don't get high on your on supply
            CISCOKIDS
            The Gentlemen's Club
            Midnight Rocker

Comment

Only have to look at what happened with “Diesel Brothers”. Basically they got their fame with the TV show building shot that rolls coal. The EPA funny enough thought that was a bit shit and nailed them to the wall.

I honestly think some of the shows and workshops in the USA are so epically taking the piss of their pretty lax regulation of the various state and Federal laws. But hey it’s the USA where it seems half the time having a “fuck authority” mantra is better than not being a cunt to the environment.
              ---
              Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Yeah, I've seen lots of USA folks on forums going off the deep end over this. Second Amendment comparisons and all that. I guess when your first mod is to remove the cats and make the car as lopey and loud as possible, you're not too concerned about the environment, pollution or noise.

Comment

I see where you guys are coming from, and smashing 2 steps everywhere probably isn't the biggest and best business plan. Still hard to watch one of the happiest/most honest dudes on YouTube break down like that.

I don't know a decent way to figure any of it out, but a blanket hey you can't do a single thing doesn't seem like the best way about it.
                  MY06 RColt

Comment

If they continually shoot up kindergartens and can’t take their guns off them surely they can’t take away their freedom to modify motors

Comment

I don’t care about the rolling coal, stars and bars dickwads, they can learn to live in a society like the rest of us.

I’m much more concerned about not being able to mod a production engine in Motorsport.

Comment

Originally posted by Disgruntled View Post
                        I’m much more concerned about not being able to mod a production engine in Motorsport.
                        Motorsport is still free game, at least for now. Though half the aftermarket products you see on the street are clearly labelled for motorsport use only lol.

Sadly I do see the day when the only motorsport we'll have is electric though Or maybe hydrogen.

Reminds me of an old movie can't remember the name where everyone gets around on lay back push bikes cause fuel powered transport is outlawed, then hero of the movie drags a race car out of someone's garage and races it across America siphoning the last drops of fuel out of the bottom of the tanks at closed down gas stations with a fighter jet in hot pursuit lol.

Comment

How is Wayne Besanko going these days ?

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Well these clowns are running around with fender/hood exit dump pipes, flagrantly giving the middle finger to the EPA. What did they think was going to happen?

Comment

They’ve started a go fund me, currently at $23k

https://au.gofundme.com/f/pfispeed-the-fight

I don’t like their chances. Lawyers don’t change laws, politicians do.
                              I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

Working...
                              X