No announcement yet.

Rpm act?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do find it funny they talk about pollution from cars when I read an article that stated the worlds biggest 15 ships pollute more than all the cars in the world put together, simply because they are so huge and they burn crude oil, not diesel or petrol. However this does work to stop localised pollution in the bigger cites.

Originally posted by Mr Purple
    Wow. This guy was laughed off boost cruising and he shows up here, It's like getting beaten up by a two year old and then taking on an 800 pound gorilla.

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
      They’ve started a go fund me, currently at $23k

https://au.gofundme.com/f/pfispeed-the-fight

I don’t like their chances. Lawyers don’t change laws, politicians do.
      Yeah, Nah.

I'll send thoughts and prayers.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by gmr View Post
        Yea this is fkd, can see EPA in Vic drooling at the thought.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/23833/...defeat-devices

Emmission defect device is any aftermarket ECU.

Dry ya eyes princess.....

Comment

Originally posted by Shane001 View Post

Motorsport is still free game, at least for now. Though half the aftermarket products you see on the street are clearly labelled for motorsport use only lol.

Sadly I do see the day when the only motorsport we'll have is electric though Or maybe hydrogen.

Reminds me of an old movie can't remember the name where everyone gets around on lay back push bikes cause fuel powered transport is outlawed, then hero of the movie drags a race car out of someone's garage and races it across America siphoning the last drops of fuel out of the bottom of the tanks at closed down gas stations with a fighter jet in hot pursuit lol.
          "The Last Chase"

Comment

Originally posted by Shane001 View Post
            Motorsport is still free game, at least for now.
            You're not wrong on the "for now " partt. They are cracking down big time. At PRI and SEMA shows you see the US EPA and the Californian CARB each do separate speeches. That state in the US is a different country for them. Noise, brake dust, tail pipe emissions, tire dust are all legislated over there

I actually think there is a middle ground though. Motorsport is about developing solutions to rules and problems. They should allow the mods and as others posts have mentioned, make the car actually more powerful, better and have less emissions

"That which does not kill you, will make you very, very sick" - so says mizones mum

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post

I actually think there is a middle ground though. Motorsport is about developing solutions to rules and problems. They should allow the mods and as others posts have mentioned, make the car actually more powerful, better and have less emissions
              Exactly, tuners and performance shops need to evolve to start showing they can be part of the solution.

Comment

I love this weird dichotomy yanks have with 'freedoms' and some of the crazy strict emissions and modifications standards they have (mainly in California admittedly, but still).

The B&M shifter I have in the Valiant came with a warning that it may contain 'alprazolam' and hence violate Californian restrictions. The main question I had there is why the fuck is there Xanax in my shifter? I still haven't found a satisfactory answer. But feel very calm when I change gear.

Comment

Working...
                X