• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Today on the skid factory...."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35285609607...75.c101224.m-1

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
      Cheap semi-slick tyres?
      Plan is to bring in street radials and not mark them up a fuck ton like everyone else is.

Are these Ford 8.8 diffs the solid axle things or the IRS style diffs that people are putting in mk4 supra's with the granna's kits?

Comment

Both
        I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

Originally posted by venicebeach View Post

are the 370z a cd009? Will check out the motors too

Yep, they have them in G37's and shit too over there.

Comment

Originally posted by HSV Senator View Post
            New Pontiac GTO (Monaro CV8) glass. These are apparently becoming very difficult to get over here but readily available in America. The drivers side glass especially, I read. Obviously that is the passenger glass in the USA.
            Just had a look and this was worse than I thought, apparently insurance companies can't even get the glass and are telling owners they have to source themselves.

Comment

rat rod stuff, like cabs and beds and grilles. i got offered $1200 for an old 34 ford grille i have,....
              I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
              WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
              robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

If you are going to load a container up maybe keep an eye on the total weight. An acquaintance in NSW got a pretty eyewatering fine a few years ago when the truck carting it was weighed leaving the port. i don't know the full circumstances about declared weights, etc but the fine well took the shine off the exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by HSV Senator View Post

Just had a look and this was worse than I thought, apparently insurance companies can't even get the glass and are telling owners they have to source themselves.
                  Will look into it. Would hate to open the container up back in Aus to find all the glass smashed inside.

Originally posted by elfturbomax View Post
                  If you are going to load a container up maybe keep an eye on the total weight. An acquaintance in NSW got a pretty eyewatering fine a few years ago when the truck carting it was weighed leaving the port. i don't know the full circumstances about declared weights, etc but the fine well took the shine off the exercise.
                  Roger that, thanks for the tip.

Comment

If prices are sensible I'll put my name down for a few 4L80's, TH400's, 4.8/5.3 etc. Can put money down.
                    ​​​​

Comment

Would love a 6bt Cummins

Comment

Pontiac G8, Cadillac CTSV Brakes to suit VE/VF Commodores.

https://zzperformance.com/products/g...18466485993534

Comment

Originally posted by seabreeze View Post
                          Pontiac G8, Cadillac CTSV Brakes to suit VE/VF Commodores.

https://zzperformance.com/products/g...18466485993534
                          Good call.

Have seen a lot of x83 guys want these calipers for big brake upgrades. Will take a look into what they sell for back in Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by elfturbomax View Post
                            SOP with boxes. I do alot of container work, with tilt trays, we take the claimed weights with a grain of salt. The container bloke we work with has scales on his forklift and even then he usually adds abit more on the measured weight to make sure.

Unless you're shoving a car or boat in the container stick with a 20ft. For starters it's a fair bit cheaper to actually hire/buy one, prices are getting stupid due to most of them stuck on boats. Another advantage of a 20ft is it's alot easier to deliver to most locations, I can deliver a 20ft box weighing up 15T on our twin steer rigid to anywhere it can physically fit.

Comment

Not car related, but if i had the money i would look at bringing in some Rickenbacker guitars and bass guitars. They sell for between USD$2k and $3k, and new ones over here are priced from $5.5k upto $10k. So, even if you get lowballed on gumtree they should net a decent profit.
                              My Band (weezal): http://www.weezal.com

Comment

I’d be interested in an alloy 8.8 irs complete subframe etc for a conversion.

ls1’s of any flavour have jumped in price. I’d be bringing those in by the container.
                                Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                                my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Working...
                                X