Automotive trimmer: SYD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automotive trimmer: SYD?

Anyone recommend a good automotive trimmer in Sydney? Need some front and back seats retrimmed in vinyl.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

I got a guy in Blacktown, he's pretty good.
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
    Originally posted by nutttr
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

King trim upholstery look to do good work. Check FB.

Comment

I was impressed with east coast trimshop on the northern beaches. Didn't end up using him but wished that I had

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

230SL 'Pagoda' | 911 SC Targa | FC RX-7 Infini

Comment

Thanks guys. Appreciate the suggestions. I'll check them out.
          "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

(TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"

Comment

I've used Tpp End Interiors a few tmes to good results..they mainly do high end sort of of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by [CatchMe] View Post
              I was impressed with east coast trimshop on the northern beaches. Didn't end up using him but wished that I had

Definitely - last time I was there he had a bunch of early Porsche 911s in the workshop - all of them were immaculate.

Comment

Originally posted by Spammy View Post

Definitely - last time I was there he had a bunch of early Porsche 911s in the workshop - all of them were immaculate.
                This is for retrimming the cheapest vinyl Mitsubishi seats available in ~1994. Don't need them to be 911 spec (or cost)

(TM - AVENGE)

Comment

I got the impression he'd do anything well and be sensible about price. I got nickel and dimed by someone who seemed more laid back 🤷‍♂️

230SL 'Pagoda' | 911 SC Targa | FC RX-7 Infini

Comment

Originally posted by [CatchMe] View Post
                    I got the impression he'd do anything well and be sensible about price. I got nickel and dimed by someone who seemed more laid back 🤷‍♂️

Thank you. Appreciate the feedback!

(TM - AVENGE)

Comment

Lane Cove Upholstery. I used to race with the owner Paul back in the 1990s, top bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinkles View Post
                        Lane Cove Upholstery. I used to race with the owner Paul back in the 1990s, top bloke.
                        This thread is relevant to my interests as well … and Lane Cove is a lot easier to get home from after dropping a car off than North The Shire.
                        So may I ask, have you seen his general work & it’s good, or is this just a personal recommendation based on him being a decent bloke?
                        I’ve been burned a few times with the Volvo, where people seem decent but also don’t have the same expectation WRT end-product as I do, the guy who did the first paint-job for example (an expensive lesson).

To segue away from the ‘who’ and ask more about the ‘what’, is there better ability to do door-cards these days? I always thought the likes of Monaros with fully custom interiors looked awful as they retrimmed the doors and you ended-up with a wrong-looking vinyl (sometimes even leather I think) with puffy material behind it & none of the factory-looking stampings/fake-stitching. Plus I’d like some (fairly thin) speaker-pods at the very front of the door with elastic netting stretching back a bit for ‘pockets’ (the Volvo door pockets are brittle disasters which also get in the way of having speaker-pods down low where they don’t interfere with your legs). When I say ‘pods’ I only mean them to stick-out as far as the moulded plastic bits at the front of VR & VS front doors, it only needs an inch or so of clearance to fit a 6” speaker there.

So I’m wondering whether you can get custom door trims that look reasonable these days, as long as you don’t care that it’s not factory?

Also being a 2dr the rear cards are a curved shape which the rear rubber armrest sits in, every oldey-timey attempt to trim something like that ends-up with the trim all floppy &/or air-bubbley … can that be done better these days?

Also do trimmers do dash-insert stuff? Because Department Of The Interior’s dash-recover (with OEM style stuff - I recall them saying it’s the same stuff used for early-mid 80’s factory dashes such as XF) is slightly bulkier than the original the factory plastic trim insert (just a straight line of 1”-thick trim intended to hide where the heat-moulded dash-cover plastic stuff meets the harder/shinier plastic the rest of the dash is made of) doesn’t clip neatly into the holes/groove required, and I was wondering if you can get a trimmer to do a laminate or wood trim stained the same colour as the shift-knob and the wooden parts of the wheel?
                        Last edited by Captiva Fan; 03-07-21, 10:40 AM.
                        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

His most recent work for me was reupholstering three kitchen stools in black leather after the faux leather fell to bits. They look better than factory

Comment

The Little Trimmer modified by Chev seat and did a good job, Emu Auto Trim do nice work too
                            Originally posted by race6.3l
                            Only gripes are the bluetooth and stereo are bread and butter spec, not one person has been able to hear me properly during a call, even with my head all contorted towards the roof mounted microphone like im trying to growl a chic sitting on a clothesline

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinkles View Post
                              Seems to do mostly furniture?

(TM - AVENGE)

Comment

Working...
                              X