Lotus Emira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lotus Emira

So maybe I’ve been living under a rock and hadn’t heard of this before it popped up in articles and you tube and the like but it seems like a really good thing. Targeted at the Cayman crowd and apparently priced comfortably under the Evora (150ish in Aus?) but basically mid engined, 2 seater, bigger and more refined than the Elise/exige, engine either the supercharged Toyota V6 (manual or flappy) or the turbo four from the AMG fart hatch (flappy only). So a pretty decent engine available in manual with lotus hydraulic steering with lotus suspension in a mid engine package and looking absolutely tits, there’s a hell of a lot to love here. Deliveries from Q3 2022.

So has this been buzzing round for ages and I’ve just missed it? And is there a catch because it does look like a really good thing.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/bri...hp-lotus-emira

Man thats a good lookin car, Lotus make some of the best

Comment

Seems to have been embargoed until today. It popped up everywhere this morning.

Looks great.

Comment

Hang about, isn't the UK banning fossil fuel burning cars in the next fortnight? So what market is this aiming for?
        "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
          Hang about, isn't the UK banning fossil fuel burning cars in the next fortnight? So what market is this aiming for?
          Owners of lotus:
          Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co., Ltd.

jroin the dots

Actually google says its first new sportscar in a decade and its last petrol car
          Last edited by 9triton; 07-07-21, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Yep, last petrol car is what they’re saying.

Comment

It feels a lot more like an Evora replacement. Just a lot heavier, more refined and slower than the Elise / Exige.

Looks good and much easier to live with though.
              POWER CHIP free since 2003.

Comment

Makes my Cayman feel a wee little bit overpriced. I hated the look of the Evora but this one really has the fizz for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Reedy View Post
                  Makes my Cayman feel a wee little bit overpriced. I hated the look of the Evora but this one really has the fizz for me.
                  I guess we’ll see what the final price is but personally I’d feel a lot happier paying that around 150k number for this than say the corvette.

To make you feel better there is a chunk of very special sauce in a Porsche which is really hard to describe unless you drive them, especially in the weissach models. You’ll get to experience that when yours arrives, they are special as fuck.

This one does look just amazing though, first time since I got my cayman that I’ve seen one thing in/under it’s price range which I thought ‘yeah, I could see myself in that’

Comment

That’s exactly it. Until now there was literally nothing undercutting a cayman that I was even remotely interested in. The gap in the market has been huge and they look like they have hit it nicely.

Comment

That's a very very good looking car. Almost as good as the Vette IMOA ?
                      The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Anyone want to offer an opinion as to whether they will be tall guy (6"4) friendly?

the 4cyl version with the AMG donk sounds very interesting.
                        Originally posted by gerry;n7288577
                        having done my fair share of snorting white powder, made by a bikie in a garage, off a dirty cistern in a night club, means I find the argument about not knowing whats in the vaccine slightly perplexing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatboy View Post
                          That's a very very good looking car. Almost as good as the Vette IMOA ?
                          For me, I’d take it over the vette. I’d expect (well, we know) the engine in the vette to be better and I’d expect the steering and suspension, particularly on public roads as opposed to racetracks, on the lotus to be better. Obviously no ones even driven the Lotus nor sat in a production model but Lotus do do amazing suspension/steering with the biggest problem they have is quality and with the new factory that should have taken a big leap forward. The only thing that makes me go hmm is the weight, a tick over 1400kg is a ~100kg more than I’d expect, I assume the engine has a bit to do with that and the AMG engined version is meant to be lighter.

So yeah, for me, I’d rather the lotus as those are the bits that matter more to me, power these days frankly has gotten just a little bit silly (and yes, I’ll hand in my man badge now).

Comment

Yeah, i hear you mate. It's just my inner bogan that says Vette, can't help myself. But i certainly wouldn't complain if i "had" to settle for something like this.

Have always wanted to own a well balanced "chuckable" street / track car - a Lotus of some description should surely be a bucket list item ?

Maybe don't hand in your mancard. Not just yet anyway....
                            The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Originally posted by fly510 View Post
                              Anyone want to offer an opinion as to whether they will be tall guy (6"4) friendly?

the 4cyl version with the AMG donk sounds very interesting.
                              The US market is front of mind for this car so I'd expect it to be okay for tall buggers.

IMHO it is an update of the Evora and not a replacement/upgrade for the Elise and Exige. The specs certainly look and sound a lot like my old Evora and it will be priced in the same bracket.

I think the AMG engine option is intended mostly for the Euro market with their tighter emission laws.

Lotus is working with Renault on something that is more of an electric Elise replacement.
                              If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

Working...
                              X