Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trent from punchy
    replied
    Definitely a sexy looking car, mini McLaren.

Yeah ~$200k is a bit tough though here. I guess for people that need new, but a 2-5 year old something else for 200k makes more sense.

Leave a comment:

• Banzai
    replied
    Originally posted by IMOA View Post
    M4 is a tick under 1700. Cars are proper heavy these days (well, M3/4's for some time)
    Sorry. I meant Z4. In 4-cylinder versions they are about 1400kg. The 6-cylinder is well over 1500kg.

Leave a comment:

• fly510
    replied
    the AMG 4 banger in a mid engine, rear drive configuration sounds very appealing to me. im considering registering my interest.

Leave a comment:

• Rona
    replied
    Originally posted by biteme View Post

I guess my surprise here is that an M car of the size down is not lighter than the luxo barge 5 series with a V8.
    It's also 100kg or so heavier than a 740i lol.

Leave a comment:

• Captiva Fan
    replied
    I knew these had been out before, looks like in 2010!

Click image for larger version

Name:	3ba4b19373315a9eeb8f09813807a923.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	7269131
    Electric Mira travels 1000km on one charge

Leave a comment:

• biteme
    replied
    Originally posted by Rona View Post
    Not really a surpise, going to struggle to make a car AWD and make it lighter than the prior rwd platform. Merc had this issue when they made the E63 AWD so it went from a 2 tonne car to like 2.2 tonnes.

V6 manual makes sense to me too, proven platform that long term will be cheaper to maintain than a highly strung Merc 4 banger that sounds aids.
    I guess my surprise here is that an M car of the size down is not lighter than the luxo barge 5 series with a V8.

Leave a comment:

• Rona
    replied
    Not really a surpise, going to struggle to make a car AWD and make it lighter than the prior rwd platform. Merc had this issue when they made the E63 AWD so it went from a 2 tonne car to like 2.2 tonnes.

V6 manual makes sense to me too, proven platform that long term will be cheaper to maintain than a highly strung Merc 4 banger that sounds aids.
    Last edited by Rona; 08-07-21, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• biteme
    replied
    Originally posted by IMOA View Post
    M4 is a tick under 1700. Cars are proper heavy these days (well, M3/4's for some time)
    According to this article that's the manual lighweight seat version. The full fat AWD auto is over 1800kg, or on par with my M550i....crazy heavy.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2021/01/11/g82-bmw-m4-heavier/

Leave a comment:

• IMOA
    replied
    I’m definitely V6 manual as well.

No buckets from what I’ve seen, they always talk about 4 way and 12 way adjustable as the options.

Leave a comment:

• Reedy
    replied
    Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
    Great looking car. I think id pick the V6 over the turbo 4 for this sort of car though
    V6 manual for me too.

Altho I don’t know if it will have the same level of track goodies as a cayman does. Can you spec bucket seats for example? The big appeal of the GT4 is you can roll it off the showroom floor, get a wheel alignment and go to a track day without needing to do a thing to it. I’m not sure this car exists in such a guise so getting excited over the 60k “base” price might be a bit premature.

As you have all said. If they can do it for $150k it’s very compelling.
    Last edited by Reedy; 08-07-21, 04:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• perthdrivers.txt
    replied
    Great looking car. I think id pick the V6 over the turbo 4 for this sort of car though

Leave a comment:

• Rona
    replied
    Yep $130-150k they'd sell like hot cakes but if it's priced the same as a Porsche the Porsche wins every time due to resale, reliability and badge cred.

Leave a comment:

• IMOA
    replied

In terms of the 'replacement', certainly sizewise the Emira is clearly more a replacement for an Evora but my understanding is that the Elise/Exige are being retired and anything new in this space will be electric so in effect the Emira will 'replace' them, just not what you'd call a 'spiritual' replacment.

If its ~200k in Aus it will fail imo, it has to undercut the GTS 4.0 handily otherwise the potential market is tiny. I'm feeling positive though, come on Lotus, sharpen the pencil.

Leave a comment:

• Banzai
    replied
    Originally posted by trdee View Post
    what's the lightest thing on the market now.. probably an alfa 4C?
    Alfa 4C is NLA. There are no new Elises left so the only option is an MX-5 at 1060kg (the FIAT version is gone too). The BMW M4 is about 1400kg depending on the version.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Purple
    replied
    The problem with the weight gain is that it moves Lotus into a more competitive market.

Having said that, the market for sub 1000kg four cylinder mid engined coupes probably consists of about 8 people. Most of us have already posted in here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X