No announcement yet.

RX7 Prices 2021 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snaaaake, its a snaaake...oooh its a snake!!!

That looks likesomething out of Aliens, but you can seee from its design that its a work of art.

What size are the cones, in it, and what amps drove them etc?

Comment

Originally posted by ifuckingloveCUM!!! View Post
      Thanks for the thoughts so far guys. Any thoughts on the 3 cars I posted in the first post?
      If you're going to leave it alone, the white RS.

If you're going to play around with it, the blue Type R is worth looking at. I can see from the power curve on the dyno chart they posted that you're going to want to muck around with the turbos though. Might have vacuum line issues, cos they're not changing over smoothly. Normal to have a bit of a gap there but that's a gargantuan flat spot. Or it could just be deceptive due to a shit dyno chart axis selection (km/h over rpm)
      Last edited by [ryan]; 14-07-21, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ifuckingloveCUM!!! View Post
        .... a late model RX7. Prices are through the roof at the moment, ... IronChef and they think it would cost about $100k
        mizonecrying.jpg
        "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Late 2013 i had stooped down to a sell price of 19k for my 2002 shitter. Couldnt give the farken thing away. Had a asian uni kiddy from from eastwoo rock up and tell me 18k plus i tow the car to mechanic mate for inspection. I said listen champ. What about you give me 18.5, bring your trailer and sail away. Car was in genuine good nick and would've driven upto qld and back no probs. No dice.

Oh well. He might be kicking himself now lol i sure ain't.
          Fortune favours the white knights

Comment

We have been looking for a super cheap one too.
            Plans were to use a Billet by Pac 13B , Paddle shift auto and 9" Rear....
            Paint and interior.
            But the prices for the car are now silly
            MK7 Golf R 11.3@123.9mph. still working at getting into the 10s
            F80 M3 LCI2 10.78@130mph ( Quickest stock turbo M3 in Oz )

Comment

Beyond the body kit on the first one, anyone claiming a legitimate 370hp with twins, has their dyno operator pulling them by their pud hard - unless running 25 year old hen's teeth, big compressor housing versions.

2nd one I'd avoid if you do take it on track. Front mount almost guaranteed to cook the thing if you have half a go and wank-wanks don't need just a head gasket and resurface later. Wheel offsets would have me worried on the electrical harness too, lean on it a bit in corners, and pop, bang, fuck!

Comment

Originally posted by Uwish View Post
                Paint and interior.
                Serious question. I want to do similar but for roundy-roundy not straighty-zoomy and would take an RX8 over an FD now. With the right bodywork an RX8 can look proper tough and its a better chassis. I guess I'm arguing against the fact this is one the most beautiful cars ever made huh

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post

Serious question. I want to do similar but for roundy-roundy not straighty-zoomy and would take an RX8 over an FD now. With the right bodywork an RX8 can look proper tough and its a better chassis. I guess I'm arguing against the fact this is one the most beautiful cars ever made huh
                  The Mrs (nopics) said FD only.
                  house to finish then look for into this

Comment

Originally posted by Uwish View Post
                    Paint and interior.
                    If it is going to be a track only setup, might be worth considering picking up a pre-99 car to import as parts only from Japan - with the right car, you'll make enough money selling the surplus parts that it will end up being a fairly cheap chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by [ryan] View Post

If it is going to be a track only setup, might be worth considering picking up a pre-99 car to import as parts only from Japan - with the right car, you'll make enough money selling the surplus parts that it will end up being a fairly cheap chassis.
                      Plans are for a stout streeter / Roll racing car for the mrs

Comment

RX8 fo lyfe!
                        Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster, Clock Lobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
                          Snaaaake, its a snaaake...oooh its a snake!!!
                          ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ havenโ€™t heard that in years.
                          Chris
                          ------
                          The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ havenโ€™t heard that in years.
                            Bloody ear worms

As funny as it was 15+ years ago, I was always more partial to the Christ version

Comment

Working...
                            X