On road dyno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post

Seems that 0-60mph runs are the new circle-jerk, the only way to get that nailed is at a prepped drag strip.
    You need AWD :-). I can nail 3.5 - 3.7 all day in any weather.

When too much horsepower is barely enough

Comment

At the drag strip.

If I stay on the throttle for a second or so after crossing the line, that will give me the 0-200 or 100-200.
      They don't like this lol, I wanted to see if my last Harley could crack 200 (trapped at 175) it took a bit longer than anticipated on my end

Got promptly reminded where the shutoff area starts by the Marshall. Which is fair enough.

Comment

Seems that 0-60mph runs are the new circle-jerk, the only way to get that nailed is at a prepped drag strip.
        Originally posted by biteme View Post
        You need AWD :-). I can nail 3.5 - 3.7 all day in any weather.
        You just proved my point

Originally posted by brasher View Post
        They don't like this lol, I wanted to see if my last Harley could crack 200 (trapped at 175) it took a bit longer than anticipated on my end

Got promptly reminded where the shutoff area starts by the Marshall. Which is fair enough.
        Oooops
        Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
        Originally posted by nutttr
        People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

How are you guys adjusting for weather when you make your runs?

Comment

I'm sure Jack Nicholson adjusts the climate control if it's a bit warm.....

Comment

Originally posted by greenhj View Post
              How are you guys adjusting for weather when you make your runs?
              You mean with Dragy? It gives you temp and DA only.

Comment

Density altitude?

I had a quick look and only saw reference to altitude itself?

Comment

Density altitude?

I had a quick look and only saw reference to altitude itself?
                  An example.

Comment

So thats through the app? I didnt look at that, just the unit specs. I guess the app uses weather data from "somewhere" but depending on the source update time (my local weather station only feeds data to BOM once per day) the conditions could be very different to what the app is "seeing" unless the data is current and accurate

Interesting stuff though, quite a bit nicer than the original G Tech which I still own haha.
                    Last edited by greenhj; 22-07-21, 05:07 PM.

Comment

So thats through the app? I didnt look at that, just the unit specs. I guess the app uses weather data from "somewhere" but depending on the source update time (my local weather station only feeds data to BOM once per day) the conditions could be very different to what the app is "seeing" unless the data is current and accurate

Interesting stuff though, quite a bit nicer than the original G Tech which I still own haha.
                      good question. I checked 2 other runs. Opposite directions 2 minutes apart and the temp, height and DA values are all different. I.e. 1c, 1metre and DA by 3m. I’ve no idea where it gets the info from.

Comment

Altitude comes from the gps in the Dragy.
                        The temp is from the weather data on your phone, by location.
                        Dragy app calculates the density altitude using that data.
                        It doesn't apply any corrections, just gives you the data.
                        Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                        Originally posted by nutttr
                        People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Working...
                        X