X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doncaster rd, up from pancake parlour

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
    Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
    Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

Originally posted by -Matt- View Post
      Astoria Honda has been shut up by Honda HQ they were the biggest and oldest in Melbourne and have taken legal action against Honda

As for agency model customers think dealers have heaps of $ in the car, they don't some are into hold back on driveaway pricing.

At least it will take the 'best price' out of the equation.
      Started my career at Astoria Honda and will always have a soft spot for them.

Another thing I found funny was Honda has changed their parts KPI's.

so instead of enticing dealers to higher rep's, grow the business etc make more sales, they have removed all KPI's and essentially are only giving KPI's that you must sell within your PMA (surrounding suburbs) to qualify. so as above, someone like Astoria Honda who had 3 large warehouses all double floored full of parts, 3 full-time drivers delivering from Portsea to Geelong and 2 sales reps. would have only been able to sell in their surrounding suburbs if they wanted to meet their KPI's.

honestly, why would you stop one of your largest parts suppliers, who is racking in the money in genuine sales. but keep Gary warren smith who has never outsold Astoria in any fashion and is rated less in regards to peoples reviews as well. i just don't get it.

CISCOKIDS
      The Gentlemen's Club
      Midnight Rocker

Comment

It's definitely the way the market is heading, subaru and others are doing online sales too...
        I thought the idea was crazy when i first heard about it, like say joe average is looking a medium hatch..
        he goes to Honda and wantss a civic..
        price is the price.
        goes to hyundai and looks at i30, price is the price, but sales guy says we can do a deal, how about $1000 off.. and sold.

But, yeah is there anything else these days that you buy new and can negotiate?
        www.markpakula.com
        2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
        2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
        2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
        2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

Comment

If all dealers follow suit, then prices will go up across the board because you can't threaten to go somewhere else who will negotiate.

As said, Honda have their head up their arse in many ways, so it doesnt really make sense as they are not in demand enough to warrant this. They dont seem to care about much, dumped the Jazz, put up their pricing on other models which were outdated and overpriced when they were released, no magic seats on the civic or CRV anymore.

Only thing I can think of is they know they are uncompetitive, so they are squeezing as much $ as they can out of the few customers they have left that are loyal to the brand. That or maybe they werent making as much $ as corporate wanted, so its its either try this and fail/fold in au if it doesnt work, or fail/fold now.
          this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

Originally posted by trent from punchy View Post
            But, yeah is there anything else these days that you buy new and can negotiate?
            I think it's getting worse rather than better.
            The-price-is-the-price no longer exists for consumer electronics like TV's for example, so the RRP is artificially inflated to take into account hagglers - if you don't get involved in an adversarial purchasing-process, then you're really paying more than RRP..
            Last edited by Captiva Fan; 28-07-21, 10:17 AM.
            Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

We should split online sales with the agency model. they are two different things.

Mazda has allowed you to buy cars online from selected dealers for over 8+ years. shit a guy at Toyota purchased an Alfa Romeo online on his lunch break.

The agency model makes online sales easier overall because you don't have to cater for different pricing per dealer etc, payments go to one place in most cases. as i said before Honda's system is wired as they don't even have a payment gateway so you pay the dealership the money for the car, the dealership is then sent a bill for the car minus the commission. the GST etc i don't think anyone understands Honda advised some subsection thing but then after it said we are not accountants get your own advice.

Subaru is going online sales, but not agency model it just so happens that the OEM/importer (inscape) owns a lot of dealers. so not a huge issue.
              MB is going Agency model as of 2022
              Toyota probably 2025.

Everyone else will soon follow and more so when subscriptions etc starts taking shape.
              CISCOKIDS
              The Gentlemen's Club
              Midnight Rocker

Comment

It's reasonably well known that EV cars can be designed to minimise / get rid of regular scheduled servicing (Tesla, Rivian, etc)

Legacy manufacturers don't do this because stealers gotta steal - it's their entire operating model.

If they plan to start eventually releasing minimal service required EVs, they need to make sure that stealers aren't going to be in the way, so you need to start to minimise their power.
                Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

Originally posted by ROBAPHENT View Post

Another thing I found funny was Honda has changed their parts KPI's.

so instead of enticing dealers to higher rep's, grow the business etc make more sales, they have removed all KPI's and essentially are only giving KPI's that you must sell within your PMA (surrounding suburbs) to qualify. so as above, someone like Astoria Honda who had 3 large warehouses all double floored full of parts, 3 full-time drivers delivering from Portsea to Geelong and 2 sales reps. would have only been able to sell in their surrounding suburbs if they wanted to meet their KPI's.

honestly, why would you stop one of your largest parts suppliers, who is racking in the money in genuine sales. but keep Gary warren smith who has never outsold Astoria in any fashion and is rated less in regards to peoples reviews as well. i just don't get it.

Makes perfect sense when you want to bring those postcodes in-house. Same with killing the big dealers. If you want to go agency the first thing you do is clear out the biggest dealers. You'll lose some customers who were loyal to that name dealer but apart from them you've potentially just brought in-house all the future sales that dealer would have made.

You leave the smaller dealers in regional areas who are only profitable due to having lots of brands because it wouldn't be profitable to run your own single brand sales centre either in that location. But the dealer's with a big customer base you squeeze until they hand back the brand or bankrupt them and then step in to take over all their sales. Pretty cunty way to go about business but seems to be the way in car sales.

Comment

Originally posted by ROBAPHENT View Post

The biggest thing that got me was, you can build the car all online. then you need to go into a dealer to pay for it, that dealer then needs to go back online and either find your car build or rebuilt it. then they have to go to their internal system re-key that data (Honda called it the swivel chair process) to then take payment, you then need to re-enter that information back into the honda system and Honda was fine with that.

there is no back and forth integration, simply we built it as a company and the other dealer systems did to simply remove the swivel chair, Honda has no intention of us talking back to them so data will always have to be re keyd.

The majority of this could have been fixed by simply making the payments online using any e-commerce system (salesforce for example) then all that would have to come through would be the customer/vehicle sales information so the dealer knew what accessories to fit to the car. saving heaps of time and effort of double handling and that would have also allowed online payment so a customer would not have to come in at all.

on the note of accessories, Honda's platform will only be allowing Honda accessories so dealers can no longer sell aftermarket unless it is fitted at first service. so i can see Dealers using trade-in vehicles and accessories as the way to entice customers to buy via them.
                    I actually helped build a system for Honda back in 2009 ish??? I think...

We made a realtime 3D car configurator e.g. like gran turismo you could pick any model any spec then option up all the accesoriers colours wheels etc etc... This was connected to their sales system so it was generating accurate pricing and would create a quote for the customer...

This was rollout on kiosks to all the dealerships across the country it was a Web App but i can't remember if they put it on their website..

Project died but unfortunately to many parties involved...
                    Automotive Superstore

Comment

I see the Honda new style of selling being a win win. Dealers no longer have to carry millions of dollars of new cars (not sure if parts come under this arrangement too?) and customers get a better experience by not having to deal any more with bullshit sales tactics.

Comment

But surely most people want to drive a demo BEFORE making a purchase and the dealer will navigate the system and secure the deal this way?

Comment

Someone wrote a comment about EVs needing hardly any servicing. They still have conventional steering, suspension and brakes that require checking and servicing. Not sure if the actual electrical motor needs servicing or checking, don't know much about them. Do they just have sensors that flash up a warning message/light if it wigs out so the owner knows to get it looked at or does it just go until it stops?

Comment

Originally posted by richzx View Post
                            But surely most people want to drive a demo BEFORE making a purchase and the dealer will navigate the system and secure the deal this way?
                            Last 2 new cars I purchased I did not have a demo drive.

Was actually rather amusing at Hyundai, the saleslady told me she will bring the demo car around for me to test drive.... I said no need, it will drive just the same as all the FWD shitboxes ive driven, she was quick to reply that Hyundais were not shitboxes !!

Last edited by fondles; 29-07-21, 10:18 AM.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by Falc&Send View Post
                              Someone wrote a comment about EVs needing hardly any servicing. They still have conventional steering, suspension and brakes that require checking and servicing. Not sure if the actual electrical motor needs servicing or checking, don't know much about them. Do they just have sensors that flash up a warning message/light if it wigs out so the owner knows to get it looked at or does it just go until it stops?
                              Motors dont need servicing
                              transimssions dont need servicing
                              no coolant/oil/filters that need servicing other than the a/c air filter
                              the only area that needs any kind of servicing that you would call "regular" is the brakes, and even then they last way longer than an ICE vehicle because of regen

Given that, its not surprising the writing is on the wall for stealerships
                              Last edited by perthdrivers.txt; 29-07-21, 12:29 PM.
                              Originally posted by Jim
                              I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                              What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

By the time things like suspension, steering, etc wear out on an EV, it will be out of warranty and no longer their problem.

All dealers could try and pull off is regular "safety checks" on EV's, which is probably a good idea, but not sure how much they could charge for that.

If you didn't need to change the oil, even with ICE cars I'm not sure how much "servicing" is needed to be done on your average vehicle, other than plug into the computer, make sure no codes come up, and make sure nothing is falling off (...which shouldn't be happening anyway). If a car needs more than that every 12 months, you have to ask why didn't they build the car properly in the first place.
                                RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Working...
                                X