No announcement yet.

Moving towards no-haggle fixed pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But who is going to top up the windscreen washer fluid?
    If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Falc&Send View Post
      Someone wrote a comment about EVs needing hardly any servicing. They still have conventional steering, suspension and brakes that require checking and servicing. Not sure if the actual electrical motor needs servicing or checking, don't know much about them. Do they just have sensors that flash up a warning message/light if it wigs out so the owner knows to get it looked at or does it just go until it stops?
      This is Tesla's advice on servicing: https://www.tesla.com/en_AU/support/car-maintenance

Basically, rotate tyres every 10k and brake fluid check every two years. Cabin filter every two years but Tesla provides easy DIY instructions online and sells the filters themselves at a pretty reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post

This is Tesla's advice on servicing: https://www.tesla.com/en_AU/support/car-maintenance

Basically, rotate tyres every 10k and brake fluid check every two years. Cabin filter every two years but Tesla provides easy DIY instructions online and sells the filters themselves at a pretty reasonable price.
        Surely the Tesla could run a self diagnosis and any maintenance needed it could self drive itself to a service centre whilst ya are at work.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by kabab View Post

I actually helped build a system for Honda back in 2009 ish??? I think...

We made a realtime 3D car configurator e.g. like gran turismo you could pick any model any spec then option up all the accesoriers colours wheels etc etc... This was connected to their sales system so it was generating accurate pricing and would create a quote for the customer...

This was rollout on kiosks to all the dealerships across the country it was a Web App but i can't remember if they put it on their website..

Project died but unfortunately to many parties involved...
          Sounds like most Automotive projects. the only OEM i have worked for/with that was good at the development was Mazda Au.

honestly, no middle man bullshit, research done prior and built pretty much spot on the first time, you would get maybe 4 iterations in a year and mostly little things people requested more than a core issue.
          CISCOKIDS
          The Gentlemen's Club
          Midnight Rocker

Comment

I imagine the only other thing they need done is oil in the reduction boxes etc.. None of them are direct drive so they all run reduction drives or even 2 speed boxes like the Porsche. I'm sure the manufacturers will claim "filled for life" but they are really no different to diffs, transfer boxes, or angle drives. Sure you could claim filled for life but if you really want it to last then changing the oil every 100k-150k isn't a bad thing.

Comment

I think suspension and brake wear on pure EV's will be very high on these because they are massively heavy and its dead weight you always carry around...

Also we are going to see a lot of Hybrids before we transition to a mainly EV fleet which means even more complexity and parts for a period of time.
              Automotive Superstore

Comment

Also we are going to see a lot of Hybrids before we transition to a mainly EV fleet which means even more complexity and parts for a period of time.
                And this is exactly why I'm glad I got out of Automotive spares!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Comment

I think suspension and brake wear on pure EV's will be very high on these because they are massively heavy and its dead weight you always carry around...
                  As noted above, no it isnt. Brake pads on a Model 3 can easily last over 100000km, in fact you have to change the fluid more often than the pads. Weight is irrelevant if the majority of your braking is done by the motor

Tesla Model S does 400,000km on one set of brake pads
                  Last edited by perthdrivers.txt; 29-07-21, 08:39 PM.
                  Originally posted by Jim
                  I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                  What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

I assume they have wear sensors too.
                    I reckon the first maintenance you'd do is tyres.

Comment

No worse than any SUV with close to 2 tonne on board?

How do you figure hybrids will be bigger? None of the big manufacturers - volkswaggen, merc, ford, gm, bmw, hyundai, etc are focusing their money on hybrid anymore, EV is where it is at for the next decade. Toyota is the only laggard sticking to hybrids, because their big future bet is hydrogen and they fucked that one up.
                      RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Originally posted by fury View Post
                        None of the big manufacturers - volkswaggen, merc, ford, gm, bmw, hyundai, etc are focusing their money on hybrid anymore, EV is where it is at for the next decade. Toyota is the only laggard sticking to hybrids, because their big future bet is hydrogen and they fucked that one up.
                        I reckon Toyota's gamble on that doesn't lock them into it. Every other manufacturer (maybe except for Tesla who'll be overtaken as an EV car manufacturer pretty quickly once the real car manufacturers get serious) gets batteries from a third party, Toyota just needs to replace their fuel-cell with a Samsung battery & bango-bingo they've caught up.
                        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Hybrids are worse than pure ICE vehicles, zero point.

There's no need to guess the lack of maintenance schedules on Teslas, theres a shitload out there with high kms.
                          Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                            I reckon Toyota's gamble on that doesn't lock them into it. Every other manufacturer (maybe except for Tesla who'll be overtaken as an EV car manufacturer pretty quickly once the real car manufacturers get serious) gets batteries from a third party, Toyota just needs to replace their fuel-cell with a Samsung battery & bango-bingo they've caught up.
                            Also Toyota have a strong hand in many EV-unfriendly markets worldwide, so at least globally there is no rush for them to electrify their range

Comment

What about those Holden Volt things? Pretty much an EV most of the time if you charge at home, with the petrol motor acting as an emergency generator essentially.

Comment

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
                                What about those Holden Volt things? Pretty much an EV most of the time if you charge at home, with the petrol motor acting as an emergency generator essentially.
                                I think they were a bit too compromised, the thing that everyone enthuses about with EV's is the traffic-light-drag factor and the Volt didn't have that.
                                I think it was basically just a slightly nicer twice-the-price Prius in most respects.
                                BMW's i8 is probably a better implementation of the same general idea ... they might make Tesla build-quality look somewhat Fred Flintstone, but fuck me the price ...
                                Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Working...
                                X