Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every Heard of a Company Powerchip and a Guy that goes by Wayne Besanko ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD Every Heard of a Company Powerchip and a Guy that goes by Wayne Besanko ?

I am about to blow the whole Powerchip thing wide open and I hope the Australian authorities can use it to lock him up
    I dont even know where to begin that how wild this story is....

Lets rewind back to 2003
    I needed a job I have a full IT systems admin background but I was young then I had a place in life a career in technical support and had already worked at a many very large prominent company's. I found the ad searching for a new way to add power to your car using software and they were in need of a technician who had the skills but training was provided in full. I sent my Resume and within a few hours I received an email back from a guy named Travis Cattach. He wanted to do an interview immediately. So I went the next morning and met with the very young dude. He sounded cool and since he was young like me and I also was into cars it felt like a great fit for all us and I was hired on the spot.

I walked in like before went up the elevator and was addressed by a Receptionist I had not seen this side of the Powerchip wow I thought this place is massive. Keep in mind I met in a conference room. Travis from PowerChip gets off the elevator and welcomes me and leads me to the actual office, Powerchip USA was all in a small tiny room about 10x10 4 of us Shared with two roomates a guy named Joel and My Boss head honcho himself Wayne Besanko. This is probably going to make him shit his pants.
    Last edited by BlowTheWhistle; 07-08-21, 09:35 AM.

Cool
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Originally posted by TK
      may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Comment

Please continue

Comment

My first week there was absolutely boring I was told to go through the instructions on the vehicles so I could learn where the Ecus where located and which tools were needed. During the same time The other guy they had hired was a sales guy by the name of Joel, him and I hit it off as well. So all I heard all day was sales training website and sales training Wayne and Travis. The biggest thing I constantly hear was how to deal with rebuttals. I was growing bored of my task there but I was assured the training was on its way. Two weeks later we pick a guy up from the airport in a busted down 944 turbo Wayne and Travis bought because they were in Santa Monica they had to at least sorta fit in. His name was Khoung......He was here to teach me the fundamentals of chip tuning part 1. It involved soldering and getting to know which boards need certain things all about the soldering or prepwork you can say. By then all the young guys had taken a liking to each other and we would also meet after work at the apt they rented. After a few weeks with ole Khoungy I was ready but keep in mind I had soldering skills it was really just hanging out and learning about chips and holders certain epromms etc. It was cool and fun no pressure style. Khoung was also there to begin some of the chipping that needed to be done as PowerChip USA really only started because of the M5 Boards and a few key players that we will talk about later. They manipulated the boards to show powerchip was the clear choice. They had two ways of the ecu getting to us, one was by mail we sent a box with a fedex return or through a system named serial programming the obd2 port. All this technology was NOT Powerchips products they were rebranded from another company.

Comment

I apologize now but it will take me many posts

Comment

Cant say I have heard of a company named PowerChip? backstory?

Comment

Welcome to 2011.

I genuinely can't believe this all originally happened a decade ago.

Comment

So off we go we begin chipping cars in the lower basement of the office building. I found it fascinating at first but then quickly realized we are doing this in a parking lot where no one can see but why. I was the guy who asked a ton of questions and answered a lot of them on my own as well. I questioned Khoung and he said they usually have an install bay but Powerchip USA just started to give it time and just do my part. So I did, the entire crew made me feel part of something unique and ahead of its time in a sense c'mon we were young guys driving exotic and sport cars on pch life couldn't get better right? Powerchip now starts getting enough orders we can move into a big office same building same floor just a 30x30 now so we all have some space. When we moved office I met a new guy who also came from Australia by the name of Sam. Sam was the Powerchip Lead Tuner he was in the USA to teach me assembly language binary and other fundamentals need for software tuning. He introduced me to the hardware which allowed us to manipulate the data on the eproms as well as how to calculate checksumms manually.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
                    Welcome to 2011.

I genuinely can't believe this all originally happened a decade ago.
                    I understand but the effects are here today, Especially when involving my personal name and how things really went down. The story you know of a decade ago was told in a way not to damage others but Wayne but the truth is coming out now. He owned several businesses just let me tell the story and when it ends you will understand it just takes time to tell it properly. I appreciate the patience Sir.

Comment

Why does it sound like this is being typed by Sanjeev in a Mumbai call center?
                      Im keenly awaiting the part about Cargraphic exhaust's.
                      I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Sam was to me a real deal tuner. He showed me quite extensively no one in Powerchip had been taught like this by Sam. He knew I had the ability I kinda doubted myself at first almost gave up learning actual binary and teaching me how to properly identify maps everything from wide open throttle maps to brand new throttle by wire maps and continued to be taught to a point where Sam's knowledge was threatened. I guy by the name of Josh was next in line to teach and I gained a much more in depth appreciation of the ecu to a point I researched on my own at times learning and pushing my limits.

One day I had entered the Garage and I saw Sam he was hunched over with Travis enjoying a private dialect. Since we all were pretty cool together I was able to join the situation but still the conversation was being spoken in slang, Once Travis left , Travis was the Manager at Powerchip and what he said goes. Well I asked Sam what are you doing with the M5 he told me a lil secret one of many to come. He told me they key we send can be erased and reused however the manufacture doesn't know about this. These keys are used on each car and they can get very pricey so we found a way to use a certain version of the programming software to erase old keys no longer making them useless. I knew that technology was being used by us but there was another company that used it as well SUPERCHIPS. Once day I went through all the cords to make sure the M5 guys could keep the motion going and I ran into a cord box and key which said Superchips. I knew that was weird but I still didn't know how deep this went, I wondered why they used a competitors tool when its the same as theirs but how and why do they need that cord. It was misplaced it was never to be found especially by me. Somehow Sam brought the cord from Australia but how can that be They cant be supplied by Superchips..............Powerchip claims always more than superchips thats when I received my personal tuning laptop for no one to touch or see. It was loaded with all the chip info, examples and software ready to go and interact with all the current hardware ecus we were chipping at the time. I had a great time from then out since I could tune on my own and I was flying from state to state it was good times. Powerchip was flourishing thanks to all the hard work and late night I put in. Wayne had this thing of affection. He called his hardest worker a horse, I thought it was an Aussie thing so I embraced it. I was the baddest horse he ever had in Powerchip. I worked hard and really put PowerChip in great standing here and people flocked to get tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                          Why does it sound like this is being typed by Sanjeev in a Mumbai call center?
                          Im keenly awaiting the part about Cargraphic exhaust's.
                          Sanjeev really is that your voice in your head makes when it reads things,
                          be more respectful. Im telling a story and your making jokes about ethnicity. I worked for Australian do you think I dont know some aussie slang as well. Its all counterproductive man you wanna learn some shit or play funny man up to you.
                          Exhaust means absolutely nothing to me but if you stay awhile again you will hear another story he got owned on.

Comment

Sam had been back in Australia for a while now and Then my first taste of what really happens behind the scenes at PowerChip happened. Sam started to use my files as certain cars were hitting the Australian market and I had some very good files that had been built using proper dynomometers so it really was solid tuning happening during that time. When I was in the office and not in another state I usually had an average of 40 ecus a day which also included drive in installs that were performed at the Santa Monica location. Sam had emailed me and said Wayne had a special project and he was flying from Australia to do it but he only had a week to make it work. Wayne got his hands on the brand new 911 996 twin turbo in the USA for us to perform development work. Sam flown in I had already read the ecu and sent him the file so we both could chew into it. It was like nothing we had ever seen before its all new. I was instructed to fly to Florida and that's when this story really starts I met a APR dealer in a rented 911 and had it chipped by APR. I went to the hotel and read the entire ecu again but the beauty now is we had a comparison now we knew what maps are needed, however there was a problem. The file that was used at the time APR had over-boost issues and the same issue was happening to us. I booked a dyno at a local Subaru shop because of awd and we tried our best to find the solution but until we could drive the car flat out in a gear there was just no way to do it. It took me a few days but I received the emulator from Powerchip office in California to the hotel in Florida. It was important I did this as it was a special trip coming up in a few months I would meet three very famous golfers one that goes by the name Stuart Appleby.
                            Last edited by BlowTheWhistle; 07-08-21, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Be back in less than an hour......

Comment

Working...
                              X