Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drag Week 2021

Sucks watching on the net but fuck knows when I/we can get back there

No Bailey (sick with Covid) and no finnegan. A lot of youtubers seem to be favouring RMRW over DW nowadays

Was a fan of this forerunner from last year where it had a 500hp 1j and went 10’s. Now he has 1000hp 2j….crazy

I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

I'm following.

RMRW seems a bit more laid back, and apparently how DW used to be (I wouldn't know) but I definitely enjoy following the coverage of both. T2K is also great.

Comment

Looking forward to tuning in while I work this week. Bailed on my plans to go spectate what with all the unpleasantness. Kinda kicking myself but next year.

The last few years the live coverage has always been better on dw, but it has the feel of a well run no nonsense event... And it needs to be with the size it's got to. Race week feels a lot more casual but I've only ever really watched the 1320 coverage and thats their general vibe. I think the designated drive days (on 1.0) allow a lot more wiggle room though, wouldn't shock me if it was a more social atmosphere
      Originally posted by myshortyboomba
      I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Comment

protip: the live stream replays are unlisted so wont show up when searched. however if you have watched the live stream the replay will appear in your youtube history and can be watched that way.

Comment

Interesting, I hadn't realized they were unlisted... Here's the link for day one in case I want to come back to it later... I'm also curious to see if it dies at the end of the week. https://youtu.be/Dc5Zae6fs6c
          I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Comment

Favourite car from this year, the 6 second Volvo wagon….too cool

Click image for larger version

Name:	333688D6-09C2-47BD-A00D-1E72CD08AFA7.jpeg
Views:	451
Size:	281.3 KB
ID:	7294319

Comment

Am sure it has been covered.

But what would be a realistic budget too fly in, rent a car staying each night in a motel just to tag along and spectate for the week.

would 5k cover it ?

Thinking I need a holiday next year.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

When I went solo in 2013 it was about US$1k for accom, rental, fuel and food
                400 for accom
                300 for fiesta
                100 fuel
                200 for food

Comment

When I was looking at this year car was about $450 picking up/returning at the airport in grand rapids... I was considering doing an overnight in Detroit at the start/finish (but same total number of days) and that would have been closer to $800, go figure.

Accommodation seemed to vary a bit, budget $150/night and you'll have change for beer.

Food costs what food costs, petrol would be a rounding error.

Apparently this year its $20/day for spectators at all tracks

Comment

Originally posted by fondles View Post
                    Am sure it has been covered.

But what would be a realistic budget too fly in, rent a car staying each night in a motel just to tag along and spectate for the week.

would 5k cover it ?

Thinking I need a holiday next year.
                    PSI999 has a spreadsheet he put together for our 2017 trip. if you ask him nicely he might be able to post up a few numbers.

was an epic trip and coincided with my 40th
                    Originally posted by gerry;n7288577
                    having done my fair share of snorting white powder, made by a bikie in a garage, off a dirty cistern in a night club, means I find the argument about not knowing whats in the vaccine slightly perplexing.

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
                      When I went solo in 2013 it was about US$1k for accom, rental, fuel and food
                      400 for accom
                      300 for fiesta
                      100 fuel
                      200 for food
                      2018 it cost frank and me $1000 in accom from memory, but we stayed at nice places etc..
                      im a cunt
                      and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Nice one, so 5k should well cover a week over there then.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Quite easily.

Comment

food is CHEAP, grog is cheap, accom can be had for $65usd a night, ive done 2 weeks on less than 5k
                            im a cunt
                            and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Originally posted by 10sec rx7 View Post

2018 it cost frank and me $1000 in accom from memory, but we stayed at nice places etc..
                              Yeah, I went cheap in ‘13. Bought a plastic sheet and normal sheet set when I arrived and stayed at $29 places. The one near St. Louis, the guy at the desk told me, “Unless your room is on fire, don’t come out after 9pm” lol

I think the most I paid was $55 with a US military discount. “There are a number of reasons I can’t disclose to you whether I am or am not in the US military” Desk chick, “No problem, thank you for your service”

I also got one of those 2 litre Subway drink flasks that were around $1 to fill and combined lunch and dinner at all you can eat $9.99 buffets.

Comment

Working...
                              X