Drag Week 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraud View Post

Join the sloppy mechanics classifieds group on fb and wait for a turbo 5.3 Silverado or some shit to come up...
    Had no idea that place existed. Had a quick look and should be something on there I can use. Thanks
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

No worries! It's entertaining... And often makes me seriously question why I bother putting money into cars I actually like when you can clearly have a hell of a lot more fun with cars that are just kinda.. fit for purpose.

I'm sure many a fishtank gets swapped in there though.
      Originally posted by myshortyboomba
      I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Comment

Yeah.... thats probably not rebuildable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeP4seYoyE4
        Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
        This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

Tom Bailey is sorting his own drag and drive event in Florida for February. Less miles (max 200 between tracks) and the checkpoints will be more like dinner/pissup deals. Also looking at being able to drop 1 or 2 of your bad days. I think 1 would be ideal. Means you could shit the bed with a fucked up 20 second pass on the first day and not waste the whole week.

Not exactly going to see the awesome sites of the US tho haha

Comment

That would be sick unless you have to listen to that stupid cunt tell a story for 20 minutes every day.
            3D scanning
            3D modelling
            Structural certification
            3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Entire event in Florida... no thanks.
              Chris
              ------
              The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
              I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by TROLLA View Post
                That would be sick unless you have to listen to that stupid cunt tell a story for 20 minutes every day.
                Bailey? Can think of worse people to listen to.
                There's a few more similar events being talked about around the place. One of the street diesel truck events has adopted a 100mile road trip to be done with an hours notice during the event. The organiser is talking about doing a full dragweek style event with a twist, as well as running at actual drag strips they're planning on running on airfield runways and maybe even doing dirt drags and truck pulling. Not sure if that would get off the ground, although the single site, 3 day event is very popular.

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post

Bailey? Can think of worse people to listen to.
                  There's a few more similar events being talked about around the place. One of the street diesel truck events has adopted a 100mile road trip to be done with an hours notice during the event. The organiser is talking about doing a full dragweek style event with a twist, as well as running at actual drag strips they're planning on running on airfield runways and maybe even doing dirt drags and truck pulling. Not sure if that would get off the ground, although the single site, 3 day event is very popular.
                  Yea Bailey, as for dirt and tractor pulling that all sounds really dumb but see how it all goes, I just don't see the point in it. The idea of the event is good, eg drag challenge, but I am just amazed how loose they can be, even 1320 video in Australia would be literally shut down.
                  3D scanning
                  3D modelling
                  Structural certification
                  3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Yeah, haven’t been a fan ever since he put out a video of how every candidate for Quickest Street Car is shit compared to his.

Plenty of other cool dudes to chat with

Comment

I watch Steve Morris that cunt is cool, also mak tv they run the mountain dew Mustang they also pretty good.
                      3D scanning
                      3D modelling
                      Structural certification
                      3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
                        Entire event in Florida... no thanks.
                        Driving in Florida is exactly the same as driving in Perth. Wait, Florida has less speed and red light cameras...

I think it would be a great idea. The stuff they will be driving will be insane. Florida allows anything on the road with a VIN. I'm looking forward to see what turns up
                        "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

If I fly in, I wonder if Cleetus will rent out the dale truck for the event

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
                            Ohhhh that would be epic
                            "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
                              did you ask ?

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post

Driving in Florida is exactly the same as driving in Perth. Wait, Florida has less speed and red light cameras...
                                Nah, driving in Florida is way worse than driving in Perth. Plus its like permanent swamp sweat unless you are right on the ocean.
                                Chris
                                ------
                                The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                                I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Working...
                                X