Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home mill and lathe options? Halfco the go?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    It would be fairly easy to rig up a full width baseplate on the swivel bandsaw. Slightly harder on the base 6x4 but not impossible. It’s one thing I am planning on doing.
    Chris
    ------
    The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by [RX3] View Post
      https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/B062V

      Non dual mitre might be a good option for you too as its a bit cheaper, albeit on sale.
      That looks pretty good, I was hoping to seal the floor before buying too much stuff but I think I might grab one.

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by Slides View Post

        That looks pretty good, I was hoping to seal the floor before buying too much stuff but I think I might grab one.
        Now that I think about it I am not too sure how that would go doing lobster cuts less than 10 degrees as there seem to be intents which might cause the blade to cut into he metal support if cutting at angles between zero and 10 degrees. Maybe keep that in mind or ask about it when you look at em.

        Click image for larger version  Name:	image_128663.jpg Views:	17 Size:	136.6 KB ID:	7296913

        EDIT ^^^ Thats probably 15 degrees and not 10.

        As annoying as I found mine with some limits, it was really helpful when making exhaust and cutting 90 tube in half for a dump pipe ect.

        ​
        Last edited by [RX3]; 22-09-21, 08:07 PM.

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by Dimi View Post

          I think you've got that back to front mate.

          You need minimum teeth engagement for the TPI count

          1.2mm tube with 10TPI blade is a no bueno
          Using this
          https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/B006

          With a pretty coarse blade, not sure of the TPI but its not fine, its a fucking machine for making exhausts.
          Not a hope in hell I would go back to using an abrasive chop saw
          Last edited by dnegative; 22-09-21, 07:45 PM.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by [RX3] View Post

            Now that I think about it I am not too sure how that would go doing lobster cuts less than 10 degrees as there seem to be intents which might cause the blade to cut into he metal support if cutting at angles between zero and 10 degrees. Maybe keep that in mind or ask about it when you look at em.

            Click image for larger version Name:	image_128663.jpg Views:	17 Size:	136.6 KB ID:	7296913

            EDIT ^^^ Thats probably 15 degrees and not 10.

            As annoying as I found mine with some limits, it was really helpful when making exhaust and cutting 90 tube in half for a dump pipe ect.

            ​
            Just put a sacrificial block under whatever you're cutting. It won't be a problem.
            Originally posted by Marlin
            Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by Faux Forg View Post

              Just put a sacrificial block under whatever you're cutting. It won't be a problem.
              Sacrificial block will disable the auto stop switch though.
              Chris
              ------
              The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
              I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

              Comment


                #52
                I'm guessing you could shim the switch striker/rest as well.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by Slides View Post
                  I'm guessing you could shim the switch striker/rest as well.
                  It depends on how it is done. On mine there is an adjustment screw, but it would get tiresome adjusting it for the different depths. I guess one could rig up some quick change system for the striker for one with an extra X length for the sacrificial surface.
                  Chris
                  ------
                  The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                  I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by [RX3] View Post

                    Now that I think about it I am not too sure how that would go doing lobster cuts less than 10 degrees as there seem to be intents which might cause the blade to cut into he metal support if cutting at angles between zero and 10 degrees. Maybe keep that in mind or ask about it when you look at em.

                    Click image for larger version Name:	image_128663.jpg Views:	17 Size:	136.6 KB ID:	7296913

                    EDIT ^^^ Thats probably 15 degrees and not 10.

                    As annoying as I found mine with some limits, it was really helpful when making exhaust and cutting 90 tube in half for a dump pipe ect.

                    ​
                    Im a butcher, I just let it cut the bed on mine.
                    GURU Motorsport ENGINEERING PTY LTD

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by takai View Post

                      Sacrificial block will disable the auto stop switch though.
                      Oh, the horror!
                      Originally posted by Marlin
                      Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by Faux Forg View Post

                        Oh, the horror!
                        Autostop is perhaps the best bit of the bandsaw, set and forget and come back later when its done. No need to babysit it while it is cutting.
                        Chris
                        ------
                        The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                        I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by Supashake View Post

                          Im a butcher, I just let it cut the bed on mine.
                          There was a bit of this on the pit one, didn't seem to cause any problems

                          Comment


                            #58
                            GURU Motorsport ENGINEERING PTY LTD

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X