Sydney Dragway Shitfight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sydney Dragway Shitfight

Anyone following this? Sydney Dragway decided to appoint ANDRA as it’s exclusive sanctioning body effective immediately. Apparently disregarding/breaching the IHRA contract that had two years to run. Three members of the board resigned over the matter incl the guy that was the public face of the recent renovations. Those board members are now calling for an extraordinary public meeting over the matter.

IHRA are threatening to sue. ANDRA are offering discounted changeover to licences and tech.

What a shitfight.
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

What's wrong, Andra have done so well at Calder and Adelaide.......oh wait

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
    Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
    Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

Fantastic, now everyone has to buy a fucking license to send a car down there on a Wednesday night and you now get kicked out at 12 sec if you dont have airbags.

Comment

I know people are expecting me to bite, but the stuff going on fb is so far from the truth its not funny.

Comment

Originally posted by dnegative View Post
          Fantastic, now everyone has to buy a fucking license to send a car down there on a Wednesday night and you now get kicked out at 12 sec if you dont have airbags.
          No you dont

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
            What's wrong, Andra have done so well at Calder and Adelaide.......oh wait

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
            We have had this discussion before. Nothing to do with ANDRA.

Comment

Originally posted by 1320ft View Post

No you dont
              How fast can Habib go in his R32GTR wearing a seatbelt on a Wednesday night?

Comment

Originally posted by dnegative View Post

How fast can Habib go in his R32GTR wearing a seatbelt on a Wednesday night?

This is the real question.

Comment

Honestly , one sanctioning body for the east coast works for me, means I can now redo my fun weekends at gunnedah etc. i couldnt justify having both ihra and andra licencing on my car as the regional tracks are just a laugh for me on a quiet weekend. Sydney is where i chase numbers, and I believe that theres more to this then what we have seen on the worlds most trusted news source.

50 bucks to convert my credentials over, and off we go again. IHRA rules for my car were tighter than andra, so ive ended up with a safer combo.

understand the predicament pro mod\radial are in though with no seperate class.

Surely everyone saw this comming when top fuel australia assosicated with Andra 6 weeks or so ago?

Last edited by marshy; 03-10-21, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1320ft View Post
                    I know people are expecting me to bite, but the stuff going on fb is so far from the truth its not funny.
                    I didn’t post this for you to bite. I believe the Board needs to come out with something other than “We have decided….”

Comment

Originally posted by marshy View Post
                      Honestly , one sanctioning body for the east coast works for me, means I can now redo my fun weekends at gunnedah etc. i couldnt justify having both ihra and andra licencing on my car as the regional tracks are just a laugh for me on a quiet weekend. Sydney is where i chase numbers, and I believe that theres more to this then what we have seen on the worlds most trusted news source.

50 bucks to convert my credentials over, and off we go again. IHRA rules for my car were tighter than andra, so ive ended up with a safer combo.

understand the predicament pro mod\radial are in though with no seperate class.

Surely everyone saw this comming when top fuel australia assosicated with Andra 6 weeks or so ago?
                      Does the East Coast only include NSW?

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post

Does the East Coast only include NSW?
                        Arent the vic tracks andra? Willowbank wont be far behind going back, as they wont want to miss the group 1 dollar dollars

Comment

Heathcote is IHRA, is there other Vic tracks?

Comment

It’s the usual shit fight.

Just to be clear Heathcote is using IHRA for insurance. There is no exclusive agreement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            http://www.bmak.net

Comment

Can someone ELI5?

To anyone who will under most circumstances drive their car to and from the track, will anything change other than the name on the banner and the price of dagwood dogs?

It sounds like there may be people screwed over who built to a class that might not exist/be catered for anymore...

Otherwise, you build to a rulebook and pay a license fee... Does it really matter who you make the cheque out to? Genuinely not trying to make light of this for anyone who is heavily invested and has had the rug pulled out from underneath them, it's just not clear what this means
                              Originally posted by myshortyboomba
                              I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Comment

Working...
                              X