Sydney Dragway Shitfight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
    I'm just one of the pleb Wednesday night wankers, so I don't have a horse in the ANDRA vs IHRA race....

But i would like to know when the track will be open again for Race4Real, anyone got any insights?
    If you’re keen on Race4Real, you have a dog in this fight
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
      I'm just one of the pleb Wednesday night wankers, so I don't have a horse in the ANDRA vs IHRA race....

But i would like to know when the track will be open again for Race4Real, anyone got any insights?
      Next Wednesday

Comment

Top Fuel brings the average Joe paying spectator

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post

If you’re keen on Race4Real, you have a dog in this fight
          Hmmmm I'm keen on Race4Real as a competitor and spectator, but also keen on Top Fuel. I was wondering why no Top Fuel at WSID in a while (sorry I don't keep up with behind the scenes).

Comment

Originally posted by 1320ft View Post

Next Wednesday
            Are they going to be checking for vaccinations?

Comment

Next Wednesday
              Still 8.5 cutoff?
              I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

Next Wednesday
                Thanks, see you there!
                Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                Originally posted by nutttr
                People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Originally posted by Uwish View Post
                  I still cannot understand how the rules in Australia are so fucking outdated.
                  There are so many new cars running 10s and 9s stock that have great brakes and are safe AF.

Seems to me that ANDRA are run by knuckle draggers.
                  Looks to be a similar situation in the US with the NHRA though, if anything their rules are even stricter in regards to cages etc. There it appears run faster than 11 and it's cage or don't come back

Comment

I still cannot understand how the rules in Australia are so fucking outdated.
                    There are so many new cars running 10s and 9s stock that have great brakes and are safe AF.

Seems to me that ANDRA are run by knuckle draggers.
                    i copped a phone call on tuesday, spent 5min talking rules and telling me they will follow ihra... then 30min telling me how nothing has gone wrong at the track...
                    im a cunt
                    and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Originally posted by 10sec rx7 View Post

i copped a phone call on tuesday, spent 5min talking rules and telling me they will follow ihra... then 30min telling me how nothing has gone wrong at the track...
                      Dale, what is your honest opinion on this... For newer street cars that are now super fast straight from the factory? Did the IHRA have it right with the 9sec rules?
                      MK7 Golf R 11.3@123.9mph. still working at getting into the 10s
                      F80 M3 LCI2 10.78@130mph ( Quickest stock turbo M3 in Oz )

Comment

Dale, what is your honest opinion on this... For newer street cars that are now super fast straight from the factory? Did the IHRA have it right with the 9sec rules?
                        i have got to be a little careful what i say about it all but yes i think IHRA had it correct with the 9.0 rules for modern cars with air bags etc, would i let old cars with no air bags and no cage run that fast? nope... the 5 min of actual rule talk during my phone call said they would adopt those rules as IHRA had 4 years of running them with no issues...
                        now the rest of the rule chat was along these lines, do i like the IHRA pro radial rules? nope. will i run andra radial if they adopt the same rules? nope, will i run andra radial if they put an et cap on it? nope, then what would you do, this is what i would do, small block 2650lb, big block 2800lb, +50 for full billet, +25 for part billet, -50 for 275, no longer require front factory frame rails (honestly the biggest fuck up in rules ever, its dangerous) factory roof and rear 1/4s to keep carbon body pro mods out as they have a pro mod class they can run in... most of that last stuff wont effect anyone on here, we made our car not legal for the IHRA rules by changing sponsored turbos.. we dont really have a choice what we run, they tell us what to put on it so they can have data etc.. changing to turbos that are 4mm larger than the max turbo size will not effect the performance of the car on the shit tracks pro radial runs on, last time we raced IHRA pro radial i qualified number 2 with a 4.20@186mph and number 1 was a 4.19 and number 3 was a 4.21.. would the larger turbos have made me run a 4.18 to qual number 1? nope.. it had enough turbo to run 3.90s but the track wont take that much power... anyway thats a battle and conversation for another day lol
                        im a cunt
                        and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post

Are they going to be checking for vaccinations?
                          It is being run as per NSW govt regulations.

I have another meeting up there at 11.30 today with all the staff, so will find out more.

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post

Still 8.5 cutoff?
                            Yep & that is a Sydney Dragway rule not an ANDRA or IHRA rule

Comment

Thanks for the update Dale.

It is being run as per NSW govt regulations.

I have another meeting up there at 11.30 today with all the staff, so will find out more.
                              Lets hope they adopt the 9.0 rule for late model cars and airbags.
                              MK7 Golf R 11.3@123.9mph. still working at getting into the 10s
                              F80 M3 LCI2 10.78@130mph ( Quickest stock turbo M3 in Oz )

Comment

https://www.ihra.com.au/index.html
                                30th September 2021

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SYDNEY DRAGWAY

IHRA Australia is extremely disappointed to have yesterday received advice that the board of Sydney Dragway have decided to terminate its binding and exclusive contract with IHRA Australia, and its parent company, as the official and exclusive representative and sanctioning body for all races, events or promotions conducted by Sydney Dragway.
                                IHRA Australia has instructed its lawyers to immediately commence legal proceedings against Sydney Dragway for its wrongful termination of the contract, which still had a further 2 years to run.

It is regrettable such circumstances have arisen, particularly having regard for IHRA’s popular and successful sanctioning of events conducted at Sydney Dragway for the past five years.

As this matter will soon be before the courts IHRA will be making no further comment about these matters until the legal proceedings are resolved or determined.

Maurice Allen
                                CEO
                                IHRA Australia Pty Ltd

Comment

Working...
                                X