The suckness that is JEGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The suckness that is JEGS

Is it just me? Anyone bought from them before? Shittest MoFo's going!!!!

Summit don't stock the part I'm after - strangely - so bit the bullet and ordered through JEGS. It's a tiny KRC race PS pump. I got a few bucks off with some discount code they had.

That was the 17th August.

Every week for a few weeks it's "another week added to the part ETA (which is out of stock mind you, and was promised to be in within a week).

Then it was "there is no ETA for this part". Then they just stopped replying. Had to follow them up. Didn't ever get back to me.

Used Live Chat to which they blamed the supplier and told me they'd get back to me once they followed up with the supplier.

That was another 1.5 weeks ago. Nearing on two months now. No ETA for part. Nada. Let alone when they will ship it and I will receive it.

They seem like the SparesBox of the US. Overpromise. Underdeliver. And majority of stuff on site is not even in stock.
    Last edited by BLO 767; 11-10-21, 05:14 PM.

Once, years ago, and yep it was shit. COVID probably doesn’t help, but I also got the feeling they just were disorganised.
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Ordered once from them many years ago and they were very meh.
      Surprising because usually US stores are amazing to deal with.
      Originally posted by Stix Z
      i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
      Originally posted by Jim
      Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

I'm surprised they've managed to survive as Summit's biggest competitor. Not hard to unearth tonnes of shit reviews about them online.

Comment

They aren't a competitor to Summit, really...they both sell the same product sourced from High Performance Industries inc, who his the holding company who owns Holley, Quick Fuel, Summit Racing, NOS, Earl's, Aeroflow, Weiand, Hooker Blackheart, Hooker Headers, and MSD AND Mallory Ignition. Then we have Comp Cams and Edelbrock, owned by Industrial Opportunity Partners, and now Crane Cams is owned by S&S Cycle Cams.

Comment

Can't full blame Jegs,
            Local companies suffering raw material supply chain issues... Murica made *with oriental sourced materials

Near 6 mo waiting on Jesel to send a set of rockers now.

Comment

Chyna also scaling back some production outputs to meet pollution targets, plus holiday that just passed
              i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
              Originally posted by Jim
              Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

I've always found their shipping to be killer so I've used summit instead.
                I'm currently waiting on some Corvette parts from a Vette specific shop. They arrived at the USPS Texas depot 20th Aug and haven't moved since, so even if they have stock, the mail is moving slow.
                Originally posted by doctorpat
                It's not that every person with the coof spreads it to 8 people. It's that 50 people spread it to nobody, 40 spread it to their nopix and kids, 5 spread it to nopix, kids, neighbour, and mate that came over to watch the footy, and the last five went to a secret illegal rave, gave it to 17 people in the mosh pit, then went to an underground hairdresser, gave it to 22 people there, then went and drank a coffee on the beach while hugging and kissing another 52 people, and then needed to look at paint colours at bunnings, before going to work as a checkoutchick at Aldi.

Comment

Speedyblue Might be waiting a while, I don’t think USPS services to Australia has resumed yet.
                  Originally posted by Jim

Comment

Yeah, it's not going to be fun. I wasn't in a rush for the parts, but after 2 months I need them to get the car moving. The seller is claiming 30-60 days is standard for international ATM according to USPS and won't do jack. As soon as that ticks over there will be some arguments.
                    Originally posted by doctorpat
                    It's not that every person with the coof spreads it to 8 people. It's that 50 people spread it to nobody, 40 spread it to their nopix and kids, 5 spread it to nopix, kids, neighbour, and mate that came over to watch the footy, and the last five went to a secret illegal rave, gave it to 17 people in the mosh pit, then went to an underground hairdresser, gave it to 22 people there, then went and drank a coffee on the beach while hugging and kissing another 52 people, and then needed to look at paint colours at bunnings, before going to work as a checkoutchick at Aldi.

Comment

I got fucked around badly by Summit earlier this year, ordered a set of brake rotors & pads in February, ended up canceling the order & getting a refund in July after they kept bumping the despatch date back every time it lapsed.

Products supposedly made in USA. Centric/Stoptech stuff.

Ended up buying some off-brand shit here in Sydney for the same price as it would have been delivered from Summit to my Dad in regional SA, then I got fucked again with $300 of freight costs to get them from Shitney to him.

Fucken over it.
                      Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                      Originally posted by nutttr
                      People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Yeah i'd probably hold off on buying as USPS has canned all mail going to Australia except for first class letters (at least that's what the woman at the USPS desk told me yesterday). Not sure if Fedex or others are still operating, but when I looked at sending an envelope, yes, an envelope, Fedex quoted me $80usd from NYC to BNE.

Comment

I recently had a pair of boots sent via USPS, Only took 2 weeks which was surprising because USPS/ Australia Post were involved. This was last month.

Also, It's been a number of years but I used to buy through JEGS quite a bit. Always found them to be top shelf in customer service.
                          Originally posted by Mr Purple;
                          What is with that smell every time you walk into an Aldi?

I'm assuming it's something to do with all the cardboard boxes. Smells like eastern Europe, the fall of communism and peasants.

Comment

NPD and Rockauto have been epic to date. Even in COVID times

In my experiences so far - Locally Eagle Auto Parts, an eBay store called Engine Parts Australia and Chris Mills (local Perf shop) are head and shoulders above other Australian suppliers

Has anyone used Speedway ?

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/

"Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Originally posted by venicebeach View Post
                              Yeah i'd probably hold off on buying as USPS has canned all mail going to Australia except for first class letters (at least that's what the woman at the USPS desk told me yesterday). Not sure if Fedex or others are still operating, but when I looked at sending an envelope, yes, an envelope, Fedex quoted me $80usd from NYC to BNE.
                              That sounds pretty much like normal express document rates. And it'd most likely be delivered within 3 days.

Comment

Working...
                              X