Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 W166 Merc GLE 400, yay or nay????

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    2015 W166 Merc GLE 400, yay or nay????

    As per the title, is a 2015 W116 Merc GLE 400 a good thing or will ownership send me broke and wanting to kill myself???

    Now nopics is out here and settling in, apparently the 5 series wagon isn't good enough. She wants an SUV, and it must be euro, and have a 3 pointed star on the front.

    She has seen a 2015 gle400 at a Brisbane dealer for a price that she can pay cash for if we trade the wagon.

    Happy wife happy life and all, are these a good thing? On paper it seems a good thing with the 6 cylinder diesel, and at 6 years old shouldn't have fallen into the clutches of not being services and Chinese tyres.....

    #2
    I thought everything modern & German was ... "risky". Apart from Porsche, I know Porsche don't do 3 pointed star badges but surely a Porsche gerlytruk has more cachet than a Benz one?
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

    Comment


      #3
      Trade that fussy bitch in. Less hassle than trying to run a 6 year old merc.
      Originally posted by Stix Z
      i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
      Originally posted by Jim
      Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

      Comment


        #4
        A Porsche SUV is also on the cards, as is Volvo now, as an XC90 has caught her eye.

        And as it's not my money being spent, for buying or maintenance as long as it won't send us broke in the next five years or so, I'll let her be fussy......
        Last edited by PXL265; 22-10-21, 10:05 AM.

        Comment


          #5
          xc90 is a good thing. Best boot of the lot.

          Porka has the worst.
          .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

          Dr Hoon
          .

          DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

          Comment


            #6
            Buy a Macan / Cayman which still has a factory warranty (or extended factory warranty). You can then extend for up to 15 years and not have to worry about anything.

            Comment


              #7
              It's pretty rare for a woman to be spending her own money so listen to her, advise her and then let her buy whatever she wants. Otherwise if problems you will get the blame.
              Gimme mah $50 ya cunts.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by CheapDick View Post
                It's pretty rare for a woman to be spending her own money so listen to her, advise her and then let her buy whatever she wants. Otherwise if problems you will get the blame.
                Metric fuck tonnes of this
                This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
                  As per the title, is a 2015 W116 Merc GLE 400 a good thing or will ownership send me broke and wanting to kill myself???

                  Now nopics is out here and settling in, apparently the 5 series wagon isn't good enough. She wants an SUV, and it must be euro, and have a 3 pointed star on the front.

                  She has seen a 2015 gle400 at a Brisbane dealer for a price that she can pay cash for if we trade the wagon.

                  Happy wife happy life and all, are these a good thing? On paper it seems a good thing with the 6 cylinder diesel, and at 6 years old shouldn't have fallen into the clutches of not being services and Chinese tyres.....
                  You're new to this late model euro SUV thing aren't you? Assume nothing when it comes to service and tyres with stuff like this. The number of Mercs, Audis and BMWs that I've towed wearing cheapshit tyres even though they're only a couple of years old is scary. As for serviceing, sure the book might be stamped but unless it's a dealer or known independent, I'd run as far as I can. I've towed a BMW X5 that was only a couple of years old that was being serviced by MyCar, just because someone can afford the loan repayments doesn't mean they can afford the maintain the things.
                  As for the W116 in general, like most late model Mercs they seem to be fairly trouble free, apart from needing tows due to flat tyres I don't see them.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by irsa76 View Post

                    You're new to this late model euro SUV thing aren't you? Assume nothing when it comes to service and tyres with stuff like this. The number of Mercs, Audis and BMWs that I've towed wearing cheapshit tyres even though they're only a couple of years old is scary. As for serviceing, sure the book might be stamped but unless it's a dealer or known independent, I'd run as far as I can. I've towed a BMW X5 that was only a couple of years old that was being serviced by MyCar, just because someone can afford the loan repayments doesn't mean they can afford the maintain the things.
                    As for the W116 in general, like most late model Mercs they seem to be fairly trouble free, apart from needing tows due to flat tyres I don't see them.
                    Thanks for that irsa76 . Some extra points for us to look at. Tyres is one thing I always look at. Cheap tyres is walk away time for any car, unless a cheapy and I'm getting new tyres also.

                    Whilst probably profiling badly, I find the suburb the car is in can make a difference too.

                    We are looking at a Merc and a Volvo at the same dealer today to compare. Once the preferred choice is known, then I can start looking for a car.

                    So it looks like I may have an E61 on the market soon.....

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
                      So it looks like I may have an E61 on the market soon.....
                      All the gerlytruk talk is flaccid, but E61 talk invokes wood!
                      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Well the Merc is choice number 2......

                        We saw this......

                        https://prestigeautotraders.com.au/q...ante-2017.html

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
                          Well the Merc is choice number 2......

                          We saw this......

                          https://prestigeautotraders.com.au/q...ante-2017.html
                          And you're worried about upkeep on a Merc.....

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Jesus she doesn't half ask for much. Lol.



                            Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

                            Originally posted by 50RTD
                            Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
                            Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
                            Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
                              Well the Merc is choice number 2......

                              We saw this......

                              https://prestigeautotraders.com.au/q...ante-2017.html
                              doit
                              .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

                              Dr Hoon
                              .

                              DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X