Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

101 RON coming to a bowser near you

Got this from a car club member in Victoria

"A number of our car club members are chemist's at Esso and Mobil. They have been redesigning the refineries in Newcastle and Victoria to be able to produce both 101RON and the new Green Sulphur free Diesel fuels. 101RON is available in Europe and Nth America. It should be coming in the near future as the LRP pumps have been freed up for it now. I think they might wait for lower fuel prices or until we have become used to the higher prices because release of 101 at $1.25 per litre might scare people off."

Throw another 5 pound in her mate and turn up the timing lol

I've heard this too, apparently the Caltex product will be called 'platinum'

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75151
    2019 Tiguan 162TSI HighLine R-Line ole ftang biscuit barrel
    2011 Smart ForTwo

Comment

That would be the answer to my prayers......The race car runs avgas, which is set to be banned as of 1st July.....so 101 octane unleaded would be great - actually even better than the avgas!
      When the flag drops...............the bullshit stops!
      Go Hard..........or Go Home!

VW Amarok - Daily
      2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Limited) - Nopics
      2001 S15 - IPRA Build
      VE SS Redline Ute - SOLD
      SR20DET Powered IPRA Datsun Sunny = 400hp @ Wheels - SOLD

Comment

The LRP pumps seem to be used for "normal" 95Ron PULP at BP servos.

So, now you get 91-93 RON ULP, 95RON PULP and Bp Ultimate 98 RON. Good for me as I need PULP (euro car) but don't need 98RON fuel

There seems to be a 5c/L jump between grades (in NSW).

Any release of 101RON (why do we need it??) would probably replace the existing 98RON Ultimate, 8000 or Optimax.

There was a rumour that 95RON PULP would effectively become the new standard fuel replacing 91-93RON ULP

Comment

I hope so rj, cause even 91 ron rated new cars are having problems on 91 ron. Its just rubbish fuel.
          Nissan 200sx 97 S14a - Stolen
          Toyota Soarer 91 JZZ30 - 11.423@118.94mph 1.587 60ft
          Subaru Impreza WRX CS10 MY10 - Stock with roof racks

Comment

I suspect that a lot of the people having problems on 91 ron fuel are saving 4c/l on the stuff. If they bought decent fuel instead of that "refined by straining through a sock" Indonesian stuff, they probably wouldn't have the trouble.

101 octane is a pretty good thing for owners of turbo imports. Even running 98, there is a good chance that my car spends a bunch of time on the low octane igntion and fuel maps, just because it was intended to run on 100 octane.

cheers
            Originally posted by bugle
            The non GTS's were gay

Comment

youl find they aint doing it for import drivers, they most likely doing it cause of presure from holden/ford who wanna tune there performance models up

Comment

Originally posted by GTSBoy
                I suspect that a lot of the people having problems on 91 ron fuel are saving 4c/l on the stuff.
                I disagree. I think it's well worth lining up for half an hour for sub-standard fuel for a $2/tank saving.
                "They say 60% of the time, it works every time."

Comment

Originally posted by rolin7
                  youl find they aint doing it for import drivers, they most likely doing it cause of presure from holden/ford who wanna tune there performance models up
                  or possibly for the money?
                  Thank You,
                  Management.

8 cylinders, 5 carby's, 6 wheels.

Comment

In best Mr Burns voice...Eeexxxceeelllent.....

They are also releasing low aroma petrol here in WA soonish to help with the petrol sniffing problems up north.

Comment

I doubt its for hotting up the fords/holden performance. They have plenty of room spare as it is.

Look at how well an LS1 goes with LS1edit and how well the boss engine is reported to go with bossedit (or advance as it is being called), the gains are well...... massive.

Although the 101 is good for turbo lovers and other high comp engines. Don't think this would be the real push though. I would guess the real push is keeping up with the jones (although it has taken a while).
                      Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Of course the whole 101 ROn thing could just be a rumour. Let's see if it ever eventuates

Comment

this is great news, they laugh when I say our Premium is 95-98Octane..."you mean it's the same as our regular!" replies my mechanic.
                          F20C Kouki AE86
                          E5 GSR
                          '09 Hilux 2.5D D/C
                          '12 Accord Euro

Comment

Originally posted by KDog
                            I would guess the real push is keeping up with the jones
                            Don't you mean the Suzuki's and Tanaka's?

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD
                              I've heard this too, apparently the Caltex product will be called 'platinum'
                              LOL - Must be an Amway inspired "product". :rotflol:
                              "Impossible, sir. It's in Johnson's underwear."

Comment

Working...
                              X