[VIC] WTB: Mature age apprenticeship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[VIC] WTB: Mature age apprenticeship

Coming to the end of my overseas holidays and finally decided to stop looking for work in my old area when i go back. I'm keen on starting a mature age apprenticeship, mechanic or carpentry, but am open to ideas. I'm not after big dollars just a stable career. Located eastern suburbs of melbourne, but happy to travel (to an extent).

I've got a couple leads that i'm chasing up, but if anyone has anything please let me know.
    Originally posted by 50RTD
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Do electrical or plumbing don't be a silly cunt and become a mechanic you'll seriously regret it
    Originally posted by Karnage
    Sounds like a candidate for involuntary euthanasia or perhaps surprise assisted suicide.

Comment

Fuck electrical, finished my apprenticeship for electrical fitter early this year: its shit. In general the industry is pretty cutneck, too many lebs/asians doing cheapo install work (for sparkies), any kind of industrial machine is 90% made in china/taiwan and usually not very serviceable (all depends on what it is obviously)

For big big projects where the decent $$$ is at, NSW and VIC are dead. WA, QLD and soon to be SA are where the big bucks are at.

Do plumbing! Plumbers dont undercut each other for work, its a trade that cant be outsourced by foreigners and they get paid shitloads!
      If I had my time again (and at 22 years old, I dont think it'll be too far away), I would have done a plumbing apprenticeship.
      Originally posted by Dimi
      now stand there and tell me something that simple couldn't have been avoided though basic education? also tell me how your esc bs can account for potato in its algorithms?

Comment

my dad is a plumber, i'd rather not.

Comment

Don't like cash and non greasy hands?
          Sounds like a candidate for involuntary euthanasia or perhaps surprise assisted suicide.

Comment

Yeah don't be a mechanic. Shit pay and it's the best way to kill your interest in cars
            Originally posted by RVK 355
            Hold it flat cunt

Comment

Same with spray painting, I scraped the corner of my bar on a pole, looke at it and went meh.
              That was over 6 months ago and I still have no desire to fix it.
              Most likely sell the car that way too

Comment

Originally posted by wildss View Post
                Same with spray painting, I scraped the corner of my bar on a pole, looke at it and went meh.
                That was over 6 months ago and I still have no desire to fix it.
                Most likely sell the car that way too
                Lol, exactly the same with my car. :D

Sydney Dents
                Paintless Dent Removal
                https://www.facebook.com/sydneydents/
                https://www.instagram.com/sydneydents/

Comment

as the others said. dont become a fucking mechanic. fuckin shit cunt dead end of a thankless trade.

try and get into powercor. make money, enjoy work, and apparently they like mature age apprentices. they will be interviewing soon actually.
                  Originally posted by Rdyno
                  70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                  Originally posted by Tripper
                  Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Do electrical, preferably industrial. You will love it! Being fairly orrite at maths will help a bit too..

Comment

powercor, ok thanks for that.

i did four years of maths at university (in conjunction with my other study).

the mechanic apprenticeship, would be performance based and also tuning. unfortunately they just hired someone, although i still need to talk to the boss in a couple weeks.

Comment

chippies get shit money... and by shit IIRC they are one of the lower paid trades as an apprentice and as a trade.

Go with kyles advice. Every cunt I know in that field is on good or great $$$ and they don't seem to hate their jobs. Having said that, all of the are 35+ and when they started didn't expect the top job in the 1st 5 years.

failing that do anything to get on a vic union building site and the $$$ is good. A peggy can see 80k +.

I was earnming more money doing that in '95 than I am now. I'm not complaing, but the coin is bull shit good... as an extreme example, ~$800 a week living away from home allowance for some one who is a 40 min drive from home. (de-sal).

or learn to drive a digger. I am amazed at how much a good operator can make sitting on some one else's machine
                        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

yeah a few buddies are concreters on big union sites and they always have coin.

as i mentioned its not necessarily about money.

Comment

that'd be why I am not there.

surveying?

good coin, blundstones, travel,outdoors/indoors and good coin?

math too?
                            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
                              try and get into powercor. make money, enjoy work, and apparently they like mature age apprentices. they will be interviewing soon actually.
                              geez, applications close 14th Oct. Put an application in, lets see.

Comment

Working...
                              X