Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Mechanical Drafters on the Sunshine Coast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Mechanical Drafters on the Sunshine Coast?

I have a permanent job at Mooloolaba. Autocad and Solidworks. Will train in Solidworks if just Autocad.
    The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

If it paid enough, I'm sure I could be
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

I have jobs for Solidworks drafters residential and fifo Mt Isa, depending on how good you are also.
      3D scanning
      3D modelling
      Structural certification
      3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Originally posted by PLAYA View Post
        I have jobs for Solidworks drafters residential and fifo Mt Isa, depending on how good you are also.
        Using any agencies?
        The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Nah, I have seen what hays get and they must be dredging the swamp.
          3D scanning
          3D modelling
          Structural certification
          3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

They are a joke. They charge a higher margin on people payrolled (ie they didn't recruit them) to Brisbane City Council than we charge for people we find.

Comment

Originally posted by PLAYA View Post
              \ residential and fifo Mt Isa
              I don't hate my job, life and family that much.
              "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

I'd pay between 40 and 80 an hour depending on what they can do, depends if they want full time etc etc etc but I have probably limitless work for another 2 guys.
                3D scanning
                3D modelling
                Structural certification
                3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

what sort of quals needed for this job? The vacancy is not something I can do now, but I think I'd move towards

Comment

Originally posted by dsm2002 View Post
                    what sort of quals needed for this job? The vacancy is not something I can do now, but I think I'd move towards
                    Also this. Use AutoCAD for work and looking at retraining in future so a direction to head in would be fantastic
                    1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week
                    1980 Gemini Sedan
                    1992 Land Rover Discovery 200TDI

Comment

Ive never met a resi drafter that uses solidworks. What exactly are they drafting? Houses or ??
                      #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Comment

Not sure if you are asking me or Playa, but my job is shop drafting of material handling equipment. Conveyors ect for the coal industry. I'd bet my balls his is working for the mine is some capacity or another.

Comment

I am drawing up this flue, 3m diameter, 100t of steel, I have all the 3d scan data, you can see some of it is those weird colours in the pics, it is just selections I have brought in.

Autocad is like what you dad used, I'm sure it has its place, people still try to use it now for mechanical stuff but they take 3 times as long with shit results. No one in any mech business setting uses autocad unless they doing large site layouts. Companies like Ausenco etc have like 100 grey haired balding guys on 3d autocad, before someone shouts because they use it, it must be good. These guys then send out all the models they have done to 3rd parties to detail steelwork lol. I have no idea how they make money.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2018-05-22 14.17.20.png
Views:	1
Size:	801.4 KB
ID:	6614499

Name:	Screenshot 2018-05-22 14.17.30.png
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	6614500
                          3D scanning
                          3D modelling
                          Structural certification
                          3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

So that is a look at the 3d scan from that job that I did.

If someone is interested the best would be to come from metal fab background as you cant teach that to people. They just dont understand how it needs to go together.

Name:	Screenshot 2018-05-22 14.27.32.png
Size:	4.75 MB
ID:	6614501
                            3D scanning
                            3D modelling
                            Structural certification
                            3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Fabricators always make the best detail drafters, because they have been the guy on the receiving end of a drawing that is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X