X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sydney Home Automation

Gday Guys,

Thought I'd put a shout out to anyone looking for such a service. It's a newly established business and I service all of metro Sydney.

I do supply and install and have licensed electricians for new builds or retrofit applications where electrical works are involved. I'm also also resellers of Doorbird, Fibaro and Aeotec products.

Happy to offer free advice and 10% off for PF members. IT networking, home surveillance, door/gate/garage control, audio visual, lighting, power monitoring, irrigation - you name it!

https://www.nsautomate.com.au/
    https://www.facebook.com/nsautomate/
    https://www.instagram.com/netsecure_automation/

Let me know if I can help

Cheers
    Kris

A few points: Website needs a bit more proofing and spell checking. Videos don't play very well - are you serving it off your ADSL? Main logo is borked. And don't open new tabs when someone clicks a link - that was never cool (Services on the main page for one).

Got pricing on Aeotec Nano Dimmers?

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
      A few points: Website needs a bit more proofing and spell checking. Videos don't play very well - are you serving it off your ADSL? Main logo is borked. And don't open new tabs when someone clicks a link - that was never cool (Services on the main page for one).

Got pricing on Aeotec Nano Dimmers?
      Whatt? Videos served from hosting provider, definitely not ADSL *laughs*. Had alot of people review the site and no one has mentioned any of that! Which logo is borked? all displaying across three browsers and mobile devices fine here. *confused look* Does it appear stretched?

edit: fixed opening new pages, thanks for that. It's certainly not using an expensive CDN network but given my size I'm OK with that for now. You can see the same videos on Insta/FB with potentially more speed.

RE: Dimmer, $99 plus postage

Comment

Video did seem slow to start to me - gave me 3? seconds of swirling - would be nice if there was a thumbnail so I knew what I was clicking on.

Wondered what the Aeotec Nano Dimmer was - (after his post) found it on your site easy (good) - there was no other information on the page for that dimmer (bad)

good luck with it all - I've been thinking about those rechargeable automated blinds - but haven't seen any evidence of good integration with googz home.
        This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Thanks GSRman, I'll see if I can suss out a CDN like service to make loading a bit faster.

Added a poster image to the video on the main page, hopefully that helps

Ill flesh out the info on some of the products, cheers.

Comment

Well the logo is fixed with whatever you did. The one in the top left was all squashed up. I see you fixed "Presense" too

Video really didn't want to play well on my 50+Mbit Telstra cable. Seems ok on TPG Gbit fibre at work.

If you can remove the Wordpress "admin February 20, 2019" edit notes it will look a bit better too.

Comment

Aeotec nano dimmer is the best I have used, I wish they weren't 99 bucks though.

I've given up on the Chinese stuff, life is too short. What other options are there? Fibaro is 99 bucks too right?

Comment

Yeah it's what I use and they work pretty well. Two switches means you can use the second switch wiring and manually operate the unit from either end.

I do have one issue after a powerfail to the unit (i.e. whole house goes off) that some seem to forget or reset maximum brightness to about 65% so I have to manually set it back to 100% again.

Also the terminals are too small and shit for Australian house wiring (single stranded/solid in my case)

Occasionally you can get them for 20% off on ebay, but yeah still expensive. I'm also wiring with LED lit push buttons too which adds another $20 and makes the wiring more troublesome.

Comment

You can stop them auo detecting the appropriate min and max;

0xF9 (249) Set the recognition way of load
                  0 = Never recognize the load when power on.
                  1 = Only recognize once when first power on.
                  2 = Recognize the load once power on.

Default is 2, if you set 131 and 132 manually then set 249 to 0 it should stick.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMuz View Post
                    You can stop them auo detecting the appropriate min and max;

0xF9 (249) Set the recognition way of load
                    0 = Never recognize the load when power on.
                    1 = Only recognize once when first power on.
                    2 = Recognize the load once power on.

Default is 2, if you set 131 and 132 manually then set 249 to 0 it should stick.
                    Thanks. Thought that was only for leading/trailing edge dimming. Home Assistant doesn't detail the settings particularly.

Just need to sort out the flickering whilst dimming LEDs now due to ripple control we have here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                      Well the logo is fixed with whatever you did. The one in the top left was all squashed up. I see you fixed "Presense" too

Video really didn't want to play well on my 50+Mbit Telstra cable. Seems ok on TPG Gbit fibre at work.

If you can remove the Wordpress "admin February 20, 2019" edit notes it will look a bit better too.

Glad I've fixed most things :D

Theres no markup at all in the Zwave stuff, so really me selling them is almost a waste of time. Its the services I'm counting on. They are expensive but I feel worth it. Fibaro is a bit more expensive, but I have no preference either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris View Post
                        Whatt? Videos served from hosting provider, definitely not ADSL *laughs*. Had alot of people review the site and no one has mentioned any of that! Which logo is borked? all displaying across three browsers and mobile devices fine here. *confused look* Does it appear stretched?

edit: fixed opening new pages, thanks for that. It's certainly not using an expensive CDN network but given my size I'm OK with that for now. You can see the same videos on Insta/FB with potentially more speed.

RE: Dimmer, $99 plus postage
                        I hope you donít carry on like this when a client gives you feedback on your work.

Comment

Originally posted by StanM3 View Post
                          I hope you donít carry on like this when a client gives you feedback on your work.
                          Huh?

Comment

Working...
                          X