Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrician apprenticeship, Adelaide

Hi guys,
    after a lot of thought and some work experience, I have made the decision to pursue an electrical apprenticeship. I have been working in hospitality for about 12 years and I'm over it. Having spent a lot of this year doing labour and work experience with a mate that installs solar I have discovered I'm not half bad at it and he has recommended I get a mature age apprenticeship. If anyone here would consider taking on a mature age bloke with a good work ethic, some tools and his own transport that has half an idea of the industry already, I'm your guy.
    if anyone knows anyone that would take me on, please don't hesitate to put us together.
    cheers blokes.
    Originally posted by Gussy
    It's the PF way. "Put a twin turbo LS in it brah, you'll have it converted and running in 2.5 hours and make an eazy 1000rwkw, lulz" All while the same people who suggest this stuff drive around in a corolla and have a fucked VN sitting in the garage for the past 3 years as a "project car."

Is it worth completing the Pre-vocational course at Tafe? I was looking into it a few years ago with a view to get an apprenticeship with ETSA, as they had it listed as one of their pre-qualifications, https://www.tafesa.edu.au/xml/course/aw/aw_TP00420.aspx

Comment

Sure have mate. I'm interested but it's full time study and I work mostly during the week. I can't afford not to work and unless there is a very flexible option to study, I might not be able to make it add up financially.
      It's the PF way. "Put a twin turbo LS in it brah, you'll have it converted and running in 2.5 hours and make an eazy 1000rwkw, lulz" All while the same people who suggest this stuff drive around in a corolla and have a fucked VN sitting in the garage for the past 3 years as a "project car."

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckP View Post
        Is it worth completing the Pre-vocational course at Tafe? I was looking into it a few years ago with a view to get an apprenticeship with ETSA, as they had it listed as one of their pre-qualifications, https://www.tafesa.edu.au/xml/course/aw/aw_TP00420.aspx
        While it sounds great in theory in my experience it’s a waste of time especially if you’re mature age.
        mature age apprenticeships are hard to get, I did one. You have to just keep selling yourself and once you get signed up force the tafe to give you rpl and fast tracking.

Comment

Out of high school, a few mates went with Peer(.com.au) for a sparky apprenticeship, all ended up in the trade so I assume they were ok.
          Last edited by da9jeff; 24-10-19, 05:36 PM.
          Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

I'm registered with peer, they have a program they hope to implement for mature age only, at this stage that program has no funding .Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
            X