No announcement yet.

PF.com Leader Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yawl missing my SMSP Gardner time - 1:50.86. Conditions are all the same as the previous best.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugs View Post

It's hard to tell as there were a couple of factors that contributed to the improvement.

More power (approximately 420whp vs 480whp), was up 7kmh on the back straight (223kmh vs 230kmh)
      Better brakes (stock with PFC08s vs Alcon kit with FR6). Coming into turn 7 I was pulling -1.37g vs -1.05 with stock brakes.
      I've done a bit of driver training since then so technique was better.

But I am very impressed with the tyres, definitely a big step up over AD08Rs, but definitely won't last as long.
      Although AD08Rs run out of grip long before they run out of tread.
      They don't need much warm up (my first lap was in the 64s) and they did 12 hot laps in a row with no real change in feel or performance.

On the road they feel a bit more compliant than AD08s and traction is much better, I can actually go full throttle in second gear without lighting up the tyres.

How do they go for noise? The main reason why I moved to the Cup 2's was that they are so quiet compared to the AD08's. I need a new set of tyres and am tossing up between the Bridgestone RE71-RS or Yokohamas, definitely leaning towards the RE71 at the moment but keen to hear feedback from as many people as possible.

Comment

updated Reedy

Comment

Originally posted by Reedy View Post

How do they go for noise? The main reason why I moved to the Cup 2's was that they are so quiet compared to the AD08's. I need a new set of tyres and am tossing up between the Bridgestone RE71-RS or Yokohamas, definitely leaning towards the RE71 at the moment but keen to hear feedback from as many people as possible.
          I'd say similar to AD08s.
          But my spherical bearing camber plates transmit a fair amount of road noise so my perception may be skewed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugs View Post

It's hard to tell as there were a couple of factors that contributed to the improvement.

More power (approximately 420whp vs 480whp), was up 7kmh on the back straight (223kmh vs 230kmh)
            Better brakes (stock with PFC08s vs Alcon kit with FR6). Coming into turn 7 I was pulling -1.37g vs -1.05 with stock brakes.
            I've done a bit of driver training since then so technique was better.

But I am very impressed with the tyres, definitely a big step up over AD08Rs, but definitely won't last as long.
            Although AD08Rs run out of grip long before they run out of tread.
            They don't need much warm up (my first lap was in the 64s) and they did 12 hot laps in a row with no real change in feel or performance.

On the road they feel a bit more compliant than AD08s and traction is much better, I can actually go full throttle in second gear without lighting up the tyres.

I would be disregarding the brakes. The substantial difference in g's tell me it's the tyre. I noticed the same thing with just front used semi-slicks vs AD08R.
            I have a feeling these are far better than RE71R and even RE71RS.

Comment

Originally posted by gmx View Post

I would be disregarding the brakes. The substantial difference in g's tell me it's the tyre. I noticed the same thing with just front used semi-slicks vs AD08R.
              I have a feeling these are far better than RE71R and even RE71RS.
              AO52 are a true track semi slick, a significant step up in grip from the Bridgestones and priced accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Neesan View Post

AO52 are a true track semi slick, a significant step up in grip from the Bridgestones and priced accordingly.
                Looks like they are priced very similarly to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Neesan View Post

No, they are not. Marketing suck at it again.

Comment

Originally posted by gmx View Post

No, they are not. Marketing suck at it again.
                    Me bad AO50 is the gun semi, not the AO52.

Comment

I got a set of RE71-RS yesterday at Gordon Leven, while I was waiting for them to be fitted there was another customer there and about 8 phone calls came in and all of them were ordering the RE71-RS. It's definitely blown up since winning Time Attack.

Comment

Wonder how they go against cup2s. I just got another set of them. I really wanted to try the goodyear supersport RS but it seems impossible to get in anything other than porsche sizes despite them making heaps of different options
                        CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post
                          Wonder how they go against cup2s. I just got another set of them. I really wanted to try the goodyear supersport RS but it seems impossible to get in anything other than porsche sizes despite them making heaps of different options
                          It was a set of Cup 2's that I replaced so i'll let you know. I'm not planning on running these tyres until Challenge Bathurst tho so won't have data for a while.

Comment

My last update for this car, it goes to a new owner today.

Wanneroo Raceway, September 17th 2020
                            Nugs......M140i......A052.......High flowed turbo, DP, tune, Ohlins Coilovers, Alcon BBK.....1.03.3424....Natsoft

https://youtu.be/WOPKbLpiDTM?t=64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOPKbLpiDTM&t=64s">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOPKbLpiDTM&t=64s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="873" height="525">

Click image for larger version  Name:	B2-CDF44-B-7-C62-47-BE-99-A5-E5-EFF9-CBD52-C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.4 KB ID:	7178373
                            Last edited by Nugs; 18-09-20, 12:38 PM.

Comment

updated

Comment

Thanks mate, the timing is from Natsoft this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X