PF.com Leader Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reedy View Post
    I got a set of RE71-RS yesterday at Gordon Leven, while I was waiting for them to be fitted there was another customer there and about 8 phone calls came in and all of them were ordering the RE71-RS. It's definitely blown up since winning Time Attack.
    Well they are the gun tyre for the Yanks although Tire Rack rate the AO52 slightly better.

Comment

Tirerack don’t list the RS model yet from what I can see. They’re a step softer than the RE71R that they are talking about in their comparison with the A052.
      Last edited by Reedy; 19-09-20, 06:24 PM.

Comment

RE71RS are definitely alot quicker than the original RE71R.

I have tested them at Wakefield and SMSP vs Trofeo R.

RE71R was about 1 second slower around SMSP vs Trofeo R in exact same sizes.

On smaller tyres (255/285 RE71RS vs 265/305 Trofeos) RE71RS is identical to Trofeo R @ Wakefield - 1/100ths difference (1:03.34 vs 1:03.35) and RE71RS is 2/10ths slower @ SMSP (mostly because less rear grip getting out of higher rpm corners) but lateral grip for both tyres were the same.

I can comfortably say that in like for like sizes the RE71RS would be quicker than Trofeos.

Remembering also that the car is setup for 265/305 so dropping to 255/285 will also change the characteristics of the car.

Btw the RE71RS run wide. The 255/35/19 is more like a 265 and runs as wide as a 265/35/19 Trofeo. The 285/35/19 is more like a 295 and the same size as a 295/30 Trofeo.

Comment

Seems pretty clear to me that unless you run one of the ~2 cars which Michelin actually makes the Cup 2 R tyres for, that these Bridgestones are pretty much uncontested in the fastest street tyre category right now. Bloke was saying that Nik Kalis is faster on RE71 RS than he was on even Z221's??

Comment

Update:

Morgan Park K (full) circuit. 20/09/2020

Guido......MX5......Kumho V700.......Group 2f production sports car....1.29.60....Speedhive
            Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by Reedy View Post
              Seems pretty clear to me that unless you run one of the ~2 cars which Michelin actually makes the Cup 2 R tyres for, that these Bridgestones are pretty much uncontested in the fastest street tyre category right now. Bloke was saying that Nik Kalis is faster on RE71 RS than he was on even Z221's??
              Kalis did a 1:02.1 @ Wakefield on Z221 (last year) and 1:01.9 on RE71RS (AusTA 2020). I know him well and the car was pretty much the same except for very minor changes which might have been worth a few tenths at most.

Comment

RE71R is difficult to get into an operating window on SMSP GP circuit, probably drops off noticably at some point within the lap. They've been used to circumvent "semi-slick" rules in various club sprints for nearly a decade. Same shit, rehashed again.

Anyway, new entry for me:

gmx......1M......Penetrated Z221 C70 (?whatever the medium is).......Bilstein CS, 240rwkw....1:06.51....Natsoft

Lmk, if you can keep the AD08R time, pretty good benchmark [for a PoS no one drives]. AFAIK, no one has done 1:07.x on OE suspension/AD08R/equivalent. Fastest I can find is Ohlins, nfi what tyres (1:08.4) and KW V3s + A050 (don't know compound), @ 1:07.2
                Last edited by gmx; 28-09-20, 12:18 AM.

Comment

dbl

Comment

added Guido and gmx times - left your time on the other tyres in there too gmx

Comment

New PB for SMSP GP - 1:51.9. Natsoft

http://racing.natsoft.com.au/6458097...0.74t/Result?1

Wet track and car hitting boost cut due to a failed wastegate diaphragm... still no 40s for me...
                      1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Focus RS same as before

wakefield 1.10.12 Harry’s lap timer with external gps. Not bad for my first time out on a hot and humid day. Best sectors was a 1.09.26 but too much traffic for clean laps
                        CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

updated

Comment

Radical SR3 on Hankook F200 - 13/11/20 Mylaps speedhive
                            Morgan Park Circuit E - 1:00.16
                            Morgan Park Circuit K - 1:15.48

Comment

Bloody fast! And so close to a 59 on Circuit E! Cooler weather might be enough to get you there?

Comment

Originally posted by hrd View Post
                                Bloody fast! And so close to a 59 on Circuit E! Cooler weather might be enough to get you there?
                                Definitely, track conditions were shit.
                                Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Working...
                                X