Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane001
    replied
    Originally posted by Rascasse View Post
    Whilst not ideal, private days/track hired by 20-40 mates/car club for people of the Mid-North Coast, Hunter, Lake Macq and Central Coast would have to be a goer surely? For days of that style i.e. speed off the streets, not door-to-door stuff. Beats having to travel to Wakefield Park or Marulan for a day out on track.
    Hope so. Will come down to how they price it and what market they want there.

Leave a comment:

• Slides
    replied
    Yeah private group hire would be heaps easier than Marulan/Wakefield for a lot of people and even tow truck if the worst happens is relatively cheap in hunter region.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Kermit
    replied
    Originally posted by Rascasse View Post
    Whilst not ideal, private days/track hired by 20-40 mates/car club for people of the Mid-North Coast, Hunter, Lake Macq and Central Coast would have to be a goer surely? For days of that style i.e. speed off the streets, not door-to-door stuff. Beats having to travel to Wakefield Park or Marulan for a day out on track.
    That's how I'm looking at it. I just want to drive fast and try to beat my own times, maybe some of my mates times. Not looking to swap paint with anyone.

Leave a comment:

• Rascasse
    replied
    Originally posted by Shane001 View Post
    I get the impression this will be for the rich kids and corporate drive days. ie BMW, Porsche, et al.

Certainly don't think there will be any actual racing on this track with a vehicle density of only 20 cars and only 500 persons.

Leave a comment:

• Shane001
    replied
    I get the impression this will be for the rich kids and corporate drive days. ie BMW, Porsche, et al.

Certainly don't think there will be any actual racing on this track with a vehicle density of only 20 cars and only 500 persons.

Leave a comment:

• no13b_Coupe
    replied
    I am hopeful it gets done.

Would be perfect for my Nationals!

Leave a comment:

• R31t
    replied
    Ideal spot I reckon. Closer than Italia for almost all of Newcastle, just off the freeway for Sydney people, fuck all neighbors, and on an old mine site.
    May cause some confusion with Wakefield Park though.
    I'll still be amazed if it happens.

Leave a comment:

• Slides
    replied
    Old mine rehab area harder to argue they are killing babies putting a track in? Although stripping several square kilometers for a shopping centre is AOK 😁

Closer for me and lake mates than Italia, imagine that would be the case for all the coast/Sydney people too. Only less convenient for mid coast people.

Leave a comment:

• Do the safety dance.
    replied
    Of all places in the region does it really have to be Wakefield?

Leave a comment:

• StanM3
    replied
    Nice!

Leave a comment:

• Rascasse
    replied
    Originally posted by nelsonian101 View Post
    Anyone know the outcome of the Lake Macquarie one this week?
    https://www.triplem.com.au/story/gre...4lRedA9Lm9hAAI

Leave a comment:

• nelsonian101
    replied
    Anyone know the outcome of the Lake Macquarie one this week?

Leave a comment:

• R31t
    replied
    That would be the third track around Newcastle over the last few years. As far as I can tell the other two have gone nowhere, so hard to be optimistic about this one.
    Would be great if it happens though.

Leave a comment:

• nelsonian101
    replied
    More info here:

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/6...zAPyNEl9WR4OcY

Leave a comment:

• nelsonian101
    replied
    D-DAY FOR LAKE MACQUARIE MOTORSPORT PARK
    We'll find out this afternoon if Wakefield is getting a $77 million motorsport complex.
    The Joint Regional Planning Panel will consider the proposal, which has the backing of Lake Macquarie Council.
    The BlackRock Motor Park includes a 5.5km racing track, restaurant, function centre and accommodation.
    It has a maximum capacity for 500 people and 20 vehicles.
    Concerns have been previously raised about noise and environmental impacts.

https://www.facebook.com/TripleMNewy...970317?__xts__[0]=68.ARCJmZyoqzIMRm7HxxdgUivp-1cYAghD9PJ2rrbrgAr8heK6asZCU0qVahUkBndef7pouSAAYHU qYbaIXBMOQ87da5TXuOjHw5DOXZzD7EltnxKjmzdYGrzFzenkx 9DaCgaDhD1r6w37nB0FfCVb6cgG5OY4x7daOIvZ-zRJLeT3B0Z4WabtZx3bE9PHDcxm3M7PYAyzWH4vUag7DZVXr1x x_zBOlAZquGP_cLBz3DvOlYkLIOvSDZiBBMIDuZbSq5RcqNCu2 27HUbYn1i-EUrK0Yi43ZuoDriFiX4DbawbcGVxXzeW25VRdQr5Fh54yb6R78 R3FUcSotOEjiS2OvYuKXZnAKe8I9XMjcV5CqtpznLVVjxsy7Aw &__tn__=C-R
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X