Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The superkart lap record is 49.96. HTH
    The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

>1000bhp featherweight

~600bhp 1400kg

lol looks like something you'd see in the supermarket carpark by comparison!

Comment

I wonder what a current spec supertaxi could do around there with 20 years of evolution?

Comment

The real difference in times is the driver, not the car. I'd suspect a current spec super taxi with a top tier driver would be high 48s, low 49s.
          Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

What were you driving sugar daddy to clock a 51?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

Are we neglecting the bulk cash that goes into supercar development and assuming itís all HP and weight?

Comment

Nope. Murray Coote is part of that V8 Supercar development through the years...

But 1998 was also early days of V8 Supercars.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
                  the cardinia tracks gonna be a 20 year wonder. as soon as the burbs hit it it will be gone. bryant is a hillclimb not a full multi car track.
                  Tailem bend was only 5 or 6 years in the build iirc? There's no reason to believe cardinia would be any any different. Also fiskville is looking promising. Vic govco? Changed the laws for people surrounding race tracks, so they have no legal leg to stand on with complaints.
                  Theres multiple hillclimb tracks around vic. There is targas, motorkhanas everywhere, autocross, rallycross, rallys etc.

If you had multiple different types of race car, you could race nearly every weekend of the year.
                  Originally posted by Rdyno
                  70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                  Originally posted by Tripper
                  Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Originally posted by THE CHIEF View Post
                    I wonder what a current spec supertaxi could do around there with 20 years of evolution?
                    Lakeside (old track) and Phillip Is always had very similar avg speeds in the past. Based on the fastest lap in PI Qualy this year, they should be around 48.5. But that doesn't factor in the revised track at Lakeside. Easy 47s I reckon

Comment

One of my good mates ran super car development series for a few years. The super car spec tyres are garbage. They're designed to be a limiting factor, not a performance enhancement. So any comparison of a special purpose "semi" and a V8SC tyre should be taken with that in mind.

A better comparison would be a modern GT3 time and a WTAC time.
                      "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                      (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                      Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by Cliffordcliffs View Post
                        What were you driving sugar daddy to clock a 51?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Superkart in the early 2000's. I imagine they're a fair bit quicker now.
                        Originally posted by Mr Jones
                        Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Comment

Superkartís havenít come along in leaps and bounds like other series, but I wouldnít be surprised if they could shave 1.5-2secs off the previous record. Engine power in particular has come up a bit which helps at Lakeside.

The Superkartís still run there but only local meets, so you never get anyone serious enough to give it a proper crack.

Comment

Originally posted by TriPod1 View Post
                            That video makes it look like a 51.5 too. Sheesh thats quick!!
                            Did 3 more hot laps a few days ago, and went 50.5 on new rubber before getting pinged for noise.
                            2015 Skoda Octavia RS162TSI
                            2004 MX5 SE Turbo
                            2016 Toyota 86 GTS (No Pics)

Comment

3 times in as many weekends and he's down to 49.12
                              Really needs to put a pro in there to get a representative time I feel. It would be a bloody daunting place at the speeds that thing must hit!

Comment

272 peak on the straight. Fuck.
                                Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Working...
                                X