Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fly510 View Post

i believe that was filmed pre-season.
    Thats a relief to hear, and I really hope I am wrong, as I read a few comments this morning alluding to them having been at Silverstone this week

Comment

Thoughts on the new car ?
      Originally posted by brasher
      TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
        Obviously, at this stage, its only one persons idea of what the new gen F1 car might look like, so I expect the teams interpretations of the regulations to birth many different looking cars.

The front wing looks pretty far out, both physically, and figuratively, but I like the one piece rear wing more than I thought I would, although its clear that this version doesnt include the adjustable chord for DRS, or the linkages required, that will need to be run in 2022.

I wish the photos they released also showed an underside view, to try and highlight the workings of the underfloor, and a better view of how that feeds into the diffuser etc

Its a little less futuristic than the original renders that came out in 2019, but I guess thats to be expected.

Lets wait and see what the engineers come up with, to try and steal a march on the opposition

Comment

If I'm honest I think the current Indycar (UAK18) looks better

I think there Launch Livery is UGLY and doesn't help the car

Comment

Allegedly according to Daniel "yeah, no it’s terrible, it’s shit" as heard over the live launch by mistake lol. at least thats what all the media is running with
            /csh Racing

Comment

Looks great

All the F1 nerds will hate it though because they all hate change...you know, the same people who hated the outgoing V6 cars when they were launched. Would only be happy if they announced that the 2022 cars would be MP4/4s and Tyrell 6 wheelers

Comment

Originally posted by tremolo View Post

. Would only be happy if they announced that the 2022 cars would be MP4/4s and Tyrell 6 wheelers
                Notbadobama
                "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by tremolo View Post
                  Looks great

All the F1 nerds will hate it though because they all hate change...you know, the same people who hated the outgoing V6 cars when they were launched. Would only be happy if they announced that the 2022 cars would be MP4/4s and Tyrell 6 wheelers
                  Throw a BT46 into the mix and I’d get behind it
                  ---
                  Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

I know technology has to evolve and the current machines are an absolute marvel of engineering, but fuck that green pancake looks so cool. Flat, fast, simple(ish)

Comment

Gary Anderson take a bow. What a beautifull and effective car.
                        " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Roberto Moreno, fast becoming my favourite F1 driver.

Does anybody know why John Barnard was so keen to have him join Benetton after Alessandro Nannini's helicopter accident ?

It seems that Roberto got on very well with the engineers he dealt with, Ron Tauranac and Gary Anderson, but I see no particular affiliation between John Barnard and Roberto prior to Roberto joining Benetton. Having said that there must have been some connection, as Roberto was at Benetton helping John on the day of Alessandro's accident, where was this connection formed?

Comment

Listen to the Beyond the Grid, Roberto Moreno episode. It's in there.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKqG5pb_lR0
                            Last edited by Smudge; 21-07-21, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks Smudge.

Testing at Ferrari.

Comment

Roberto really did deserve a top drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X