No announcement yet.

F1 Shit Talk Thread -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm being very late to the party in regards to Roberto. His name was always there or there abouts at the time, I'd never invested any time in taking any interest in his story. Having had it brought to my attention I find it interesting and of course it has that Australian connection, which explains why his name was always there at the time.

Listening to him talk on the 'Beyond The Grid' podcast one could tell he had an Australian connection and one wonders if at times his forthright nature may have been a handicap at securing the right drives? Equally that honest forthright demeanour would have been appreciated by his engineers.

A very interesting guy, well worthy of respect and admiration, I believe.
    " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Watching him win in Indycar in 2000 at Cleveland was awesome - just pure emotion.
      Originally posted by brasher
      TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Anyone listen to the Tim Schenken interview on the Motorsport podcast?
        "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
        (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
        Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
          Anyone listen to the Tim Schenken interview on the Motorsport podcast?
          Not yet, but its definitely on the list..

I bet it was good

Comment

Having just listened to the Tim Schenken podcast, there was a question about getting into racing and the ascension to F1, Tim seemed to agree it is still the same as it was in his time. I'd argue that it certainly is not, as the population is 3 times what it was when he started and there are also less F1 positions available. Meaning it is at least 3 times harder to climb the ladder.
            " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

and about 400x the cost.
              .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Surprised this hasn't been posted

I'll be amazed if penalty review gets disregarded by the FIA, it'll set a bit of a precedent.

Comment

It sure will be interesting to see what decision is made, either way.

4am meeting....I guess we might find out something this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Roy928tt View Post
                    Having just listened to the Tim Schenken podcast, there was a question about getting into racing and the ascension to F1, Tim seemed to agree it is still the same as it was in his time. I'd argue that it certainly is not, as the population is 3 times what it was when he started and there are also less F1 positions available. Meaning it is at least 3 times harder to climb the ladder.
                    Agree.

Firstly, there's not as many cars available in the grid as then, especially when you include non-qualifiers.

Second - no testing. So no young gun shoot outs like Eddie Jordan loved.

Bit harder to buy a Formula Ford and a beaten up Transit van and be competitive in the UK FF series. Then go to the top.

Especially not when every Russian Billionaire wants their son to be the next WDC
                    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by Dimi View Post
                      Surprised this hasn't been posted
                      xGgpdb2WhRE&ab

I'll be amazed if penalty review gets disregarded by the FIA, it'll set a bit of a precedent.
                      And its dismissed.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Babalouie
                      Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Originally posted by vet 180 View Post
                        And its dismissed.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
                        Good. While I 10s didn't mean much to the final result, the race director's decisions can't and shouldn't be able to be appealed ad nauseum. It would set a dangerous precedent.
                        My car
                        Corolla
                        I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

Comment

" Next year’s Australian GP, set to be the first after a two-year absence from the competition, will take place on April 10."
                          .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Ill be extremely happy if it can go ahead, but equally saddened by the season starting at the Bahrain circuit where there will be zero atmosphere as usual.

Melbourne's usual job of kicking off the year might not offer amazing racing, but what the event gives to the sport means a lot more than its passing opportunities

Comment

/csh Racing

Comment

Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post
                                This was amazing.

Vettel genuinely loves the sport.
                                TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Working...
                                X