F1 Shit Talk Thread -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swang View Post
    Verstappen penalised 3 positions for contact with Hamilton. Penalty to be served in RAF grand prix.
    that's shit - he had speed on Lewis - who basically tried to block him after coming out of the pits... not that Lewis had anywhere to go to - except for Max to then have to slow on the exit to give Lewis room.. but seemed pretty 50/50.

great work by Danny Ric though -

This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Originally posted by GSRman View Post

that's shit - he had speed on Lewis - who basically tried to block him after coming out of the pits... not that Lewis had anywhere to go to - except for Max to then have to slow on the exit to give Lewis room.. but seemed pretty 50/50.

great work by Danny Ric though -

Max needs to learn to yield. That is all that is lacking from him. All other drivers know how to bar Max.
      75% Max's fault.
      MK7 Golf R 11.3@123.9mph. still working at getting into the 10s
      F80 M3 LCI2 10.78@130mph ( Quickest stock turbo M3 in Oz )

Comment

Even if it was 75% Max, that still means 25% Lewis and thus he should have had a penalty too
        Originally posted by Jim
        I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
        What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
          Even if it was 75% Max, that still means 25% Lewis and thus he should have had a penalty too
          no. thats why the rules say wholly or predominantly to blame

75% means it's still predominantly maxs fault..
          1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
            Lollllllllllllllllll
            actual lol
            Originally posted by brasher
            TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Speaking of penalties....I want to talk time penalties.

+x seconds applied after the race - this system was introduced so that we weren't seeing drive throughs for minor indiscretions and on that basis it is an improvement and a success. But surely it can be done better.
              With the penalised car left in place it is still having an impact on the race and effecting the other drivers around them, for better or for worse.

I love the MotoGP 'Long Lap' concept, it works beautifully for this exact thing.
              There's also tech solutions - they absolutely could apply a delta / metric to it and get a driver to drop a certain amount of time in a lap.

Apply the penalty, have it served / resolved immediately and let's get on with the race.
              BMW E21 Racer

ATCC & V8SC Results, Data, Statistics and Discussion from 1960 to now

Comment

Originally posted by leothedrummer View Post
                There's also tech solutions - they absolutely could apply a delta / metric to it and get a driver to drop a certain amount of time in a lap.

Apply the penalty, have it served / resolved immediately and let's get on with the race.
                This actually sounds like a good idea. They are already doing virtual safety car so the delta is easy to get and even more accurate than a bloke with a stopwatch in the pits. Be great to see them pump in a mega lap so their penalty lap is +5s on that last lap and where they slow down etc

Comment

POLL: F1’s greatest rivalries

Prost/Senna 76.67% (1,170 votes)

Hamilton/Verstappen 6.03% (92 votes)

Schumacher/Hakkinen 4.91% (75 votes)

Webber/Vettel 4.52% (69 votes)

Schumacher/Hill 2.95% (45 votes)

Other 2.49% (38 votes)

Schumacher/Villeneuve 0.98% (15 votes)

Hamilton/Alonso 0.79% (12 votes)

Villeneuve/Pironi 0.66% (10 votes)

Total Votes: 1,526
                  Disclaimer :- this post is satirical and is for entertainment purposes only. !!1!!

Comment

As if anything was going to approach the Prost v Senna rivalry.
                    Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
                    Official Photographer 2021 | Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships | Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Challenge Bathurst | MRF Tyres Australian Production Car Series

Comment

As if Hunt/Lauda doesnt feature there.
                      Chris
                      ------
                      The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                      I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
                        As if Hunt/Lauda doesnt feature there.
                        Im sure if you looked at the age demographic for that poll, there's a significant number of voters who wouldn't have seen Hunt and Lauda race at all.
                        Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
                        Official Photographer 2021 | Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships | Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Challenge Bathurst | MRF Tyres Australian Production Car Series

Comment

Originally posted by Nafe View Post

Im sure if you looked at the age demographic for that poll, there's a significant number of voters who wouldn't have seen Hunt and Lauda race at all.
                          Yet Villeneuve/Pironi features, which is only a couple of years later and memory of one should extend to the other.

Edit, went to look at the poll: https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/09/13...est-rivalries/ it is obviously skewed because they dont consider anything < 1980 and give fixed options. I wonder how many of the "Other" are Hunt/Lauda
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 1.14.28 pm.png
Views:	189
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	7294218
                          Last edited by takai; 14-09-21, 01:15 PM.
                          Chris
                          ------
                          The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
                            A letter I penned

Good evening. The Formula 2 introduction at the start of the broadcast has a graphic simulation of a turbine. The direction of rotation is not correct. Can you please rectify this. Regards Greg Rust.
                            https://youtu.be/V7USzkCP6yU

Yep confirmed that I wasn't blind
                            2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                            2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                            I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

blind, no. autistic, maybe? :D
                              1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Jesus Lewis. It must be hard for your fans sometimes (Met Gala 2021)
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Smudge; 14-09-21, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X