F1 Shit Talk Thread -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kiwi EK4 View Post
    TBH I'm surprised that VW are so against MGU-H as I though the MGU-H was part of the reason the V4 in the 919 went so well was due to there mastery of MGU-H
    They didn't use a MGU-H though from what I can tell. They had a MGU on the front axle and then a single conventional variable geometry turbo which but then they had a second turbine housing and turbine again with variable geometry that spun a GU. I assume that recovered power was just for the front axle MGU to deploy. So in one way it was a bit more complex as far as more bits and piping but at the same time it would be a much simpler system to design and program.
    Last edited by Luke352; 05-10-21, 04:43 PM.

Comment

So it looks like we are going to get the sprint race format at 1/3 of the events next year.

No complaints here, as a quali and a sprint race are more exciting than standard practice sessions

Now the bidding war begins when they offer up the format for tender to all 23 of the tracks hahaha

Comment

good news from my perspective, double the races on a weekend is a win. circuits would love it as far as ticket sales go

Oo___oO

Comment

Excellent news. Anything to confuse my wife even more when there’s F1 on TV.
          The last Monday was a public holiday in Perth, she’s asking why I’m not watching the race 🤦🏻‍♂️
          2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
          2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
          I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

I was going to mention this last week, but it slipped my mind...

What is everybody's thoughts on Liberty breaking away from the tradition of the 4 day format at Monaco, with the traditional Thursday practice sessions being moved to Friday?

Personally, I think it sucks donkey dick, as its obviously the crown jewel of the calendar, and the 4 day format has been tradition for as long as there has been a GP in the Principality, so to change it seems like unnecessary tinkering to me.

Thoughts?

Comment

Seems like unnecessary tinkering but also seems a bit like an unnecessary tradition too? Particularly if the previous race was only the weekend before (does that ever happen?)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post

That would be a great move for the championship.

A McLaren winning with their own engine would really be something special.
                Agreed, and as much as many don't like JSaward he's pretty much on the pulse with info behind the scenes.

Have Williams released anything about who is going to be reserve driver? A few weeks ago with all the other correct driver movements he did say Piastri to take up that role. More likely there than elsewhere with MW history with Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                  Seems like unnecessary tinkering but also seems a bit like an unnecessary tradition too? Particularly if the previous race was only the weekend before (does that ever happen?)

I agree that its an unnecessary tradition, as Im not a man of faith, but I think it just sets the weekend apart from the others.

Any yes, I dont believe a race has ever been held on the previous weekend before, and given Spain will be in 2022, I imagine that is the driving factor in the change, given Libertys desire to see 11ty billion races per season.

Oh well...
                  Last edited by Mr Ree; 06-10-21, 09:18 AM.

Comment

On the topic of traditions and Monaco
                    My car
                    Corolla
                    Originally posted by brasher
                    I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

Comment

Well to be fair, hes been behind George a few times this year too

Comment

Meant to post in the Turkey thread.
                        Last edited by Shonky; 07-10-21, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasta_papa View Post

Agreed, and as much as many don't like JSaward he's pretty much on the pulse with info behind the scenes.

Have Williams released anything about who is going to be reserve driver? A few weeks ago with all the other correct driver movements he did say Piastri to take up that role. More likely there than elsewhere with MW history with Williams
                          I assume that was on Missed Apex? If so, I'm finding him more and more annoying on there, very much old man spec. Spanners knows Joe quite well now and knows what sets him off (electric cars especially) and tries really hard to stay away from those topics, but Joe continually bangs on about how shit electric is and its all about hydrogen etc. Joe also seemed really off with a lot of his points this week too, there were a few really obvious things he got wrong or just plain forgot (Customer cars recently won, McL at Monza. Norris reprimand at Russia and something else).
                          I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

This could also be one for the 8 ball thread...Ive always been well aware of the PU rules in regard to how many of each component each driver can use per season, but I never knew that the teams were limited to 8 sets of exhausts per season, or they will incur a penalty. I guess inconel isnt cheap, but even still, it seems a bridge too far to be penalising a driver due to a peripheral part failure, and I guess I always presumed that the exhausts were considered part of the ICE when being replaced??

Does anybody know what the grid penalty is for going to exhaust set #9? Im 99.9999999999% positive that its a penalty that has never been given, but there is still that 0.00000000001% chance I am wrong

Comment

alonso playing 4d chess again

Oo___oO

Comment

https://racer.com/2021/10/08/andrett...lks-in-austin/

Interesting!
                                Originally posted by brasher
                                TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Working...
                                X