F1 Shit Talk Thread -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But they have two Canadians!
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Been to a few gps (Melbourne, Monaco, Malaysia and Montreal) and I would say one thing that is really useful regardless of where you sit is to have a good timing app, preferably with commentary.

It's really easy to get lost to what is happening at the track. You often can't really make much out on the big screen and the commentary is drowned out. It's very easy to just sit there and have no idea where people are in the race.
      POWER CHIP free since 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by leothedrummer View Post

Thinking with the grandstand approach is based on what we want our experience to be. This will be nopics' first race weekend of any kind and we like the certainty of having set seating. We spent some time last night looking at videos taken from the various seating options (including GA) and both felt that a view over either the 1st/2nd or last turns whilst being able to see the start and pits was the view we wanted.
        Last time I went we sat in the Schumacher stand and it was honestly pretty crap. We had the afternoon sun in our faces and the view of the cars coming through had no variety (other corners you can see different lines etc). The only advantages were that you could see people going into the pits, the screen was visible and I spent the time with my dad and brother. I'd go just about anywhere else. Also, be prepared for your phone to constantly lose connectivity and for the timing app to be basically useless. I got it working about half way through the race and by then nothing interesting was happening (typical Aus GP).

Good luck with the stand selection!
        I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Cheers Kev, exciting times ahead for sure, already feeling the buzz
          BMW E21 Racer

ATCC & V8SC Results, Data, Statistics and Discussion from 1960 to now

Comment

Happy 91st Bernie
            " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Originally posted by Roy928tt View Post
              Happy 91st Bernie
              And just stepping into a new role too.

I really hope that if I even manage to make it to his age, that I have half the drive he has.

notbadobama.jpeg

Comment

Great listen
                https://youtu.be/jAi-TiwF1X4

Originally posted by brasher
                TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
                  Intresting bottas' his new chick is australian cyclist tiffany cromwell .
                  Strewth...

Comment

Has been for some time - Bottas is a bike fan of cycling, and riding her like a bike it seems.

Comment

Had Rob Smedley on a work call the other day discussing what they’re doing with data in F1 now, and how they’re using AI/ML etc to provide new data (the AWS insights stuff on the TV), was really good. I didn’t get the chance to ask if Fernando was faster than Felipe.

Comment

Did you tell him the AWS stuff is still utterly shit?

Comment

Whats 'ML'?.
                          i get AI is artificial intelligence

Comment

Im assuming its machine learning
                            Originally posted by gerry;n7288577
                            having done my fair share of snorting white powder, made by a bikie in a garage, off a dirty cistern in a night club, means I find the argument about not knowing whats in the vaccine slightly perplexing.

Comment

I’m pretty sure the only AI and ML in the AWS stats we see is an excel spreadsheet that averages a bunch of numbers and “predicts” the outcome.

there is literally nothing in the stats shown that wouldn’t be a flat “model”.

All they’re doing to leveraging the P2/P3 race sims lap time data and mapping that to in race pace, tyre compound and age and coming out with a bunch of “predictions” that really are more like “XX driver is 1.2 secs a lap faster, so it will take laps to make up a 21 sec deficit”.

What the Teams do back in their HQs will be way way more interesting.
                              ---
                              Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post

Intresting bottas' his new chick is australian cyclist tiffany cromwell .
                                Strewth...
                                He's got a type and he sticks with them. Good on him (plus you know that if you give him team orders he will dutifully come second)

Comment

Working...
                                X