F1 Shit Talk Thread -

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ Hmmmm interesting thought that. I hope Whitmarsh stays, but Brawn would be a good choice, especially given his ties with Honda.
    Originally posted by XXX19X
    Shitbreak is the epitome of perfection.

Comment

Does Whitmarsh really have what it takes to lead a title winning team? He has headed an operation that has dropped the ball a number of times in the past few seasons.

He seems like an OK guy from what the media shows, but maybe he doesnt have the palle to run Mclaren.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDave View Post
        I wonder if this paves the way for Ross Brawn to join the team as Whitmarsh' replacement?
        Firstly, Brawn has to serve 6 months gardening leave.

Secondly, why? He was an equity partner at Mercedes/Brawn. Why go backwards?
        "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
        (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
        Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by MarkMash View Post
          28/1 for Red Bull unveiling...

front look wider than usual - could be an old photo though
          It's a hard cover under the soft cover to disguise the wing.

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
            Firstly, Brawn has to serve 6 months gardening leave.

Secondly, why? He was an equity partner at Mercedes/Brawn. Why go backwards?
            Because Ron Dennis knows how he works and would keep red tape away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by agentcrm View Post
              Because Ron Dennis knows how he works and would keep red tape away from him.
              Yeah but no.

Ross is rich (not Bernie rich, but well off). So money isn't a factor.

He's started his own company and won the WDC. So that isn't a factor.

He's used to being the boss and independent, so why work for an OCD person like Ron? So thats a factor.

He's old (enough) not to want to start from scratch (which is effectively what will happen in 2015 once Honda join), so that might be too much effort to see a long term reward. Ie what has happened over the past 3-4 years at Mercedes.

The only reason I can see him joining is to say a big "F U" to Nicki Lauda.
              "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
              (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
              Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Personally given ross has no money issues I could see him taking a challenge like going to Williams and turning them around. They have switched to merc power plants and he'd probably get total control to do as he pleases. With a name like his on board they'd probably attract some decent sponsors as well
                If in doubt power out

Comment

Because Ross, like a lot of the old boys, is a racer.

Its not about money, fame, but about the challenge and want to win.

Imagine walking into Macca and making them winners this season.. it builds the legend of RB
                  Originally posted by brasher
                  TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

My prediction is Ross will be there for 2015.
                    I hope Dennis shows Sam Michael the door too, I tried liking him at Williams, hate him being at McLaren.
                    He has brought down the team

Comment

awesome to hear about fuel consumption concerns. That'll make for exciting racing

At T2, "alrighht Seb, switch to fuel map 2 and coast"

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
                        The only reason I can see him joining is to say a big "F U" to Nicki Lauda.
                        Was there animosity between Lauda and Brawn? Had to look it up but all I found was a too many chiefs not enough indians situation and excerpts of Lauda saying Brawn left "amicably"...

Comment

Originally posted by tremolo View Post
                          Probably an old pic - the front wings are narrower this year
                          Definitely old, it says "WEBBER" on the floor

Comment

Black/grey/white... no red at all.

No sponsor logo's either....
                            TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

McLaren are being sponsored by AON.

Comment

Title sponsor?

Source?