No announcement yet.

F1 Shit Talk Thread -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for Honda, how they didn't have the engine lapping in a mule nsx since september stuns me
    Originally posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
      As for Honda, how they didn't have the engine lapping in a mule nsx since september stuns me
      Or a 2015 chassis.
      "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
      (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
      Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

McLaren has suggested Honda simply isn't quick enough for this game, that it doesn't fully understand the rate of development needed to be successful in F1.
        From my experience consulting in Japan this is the crux of the problem. The japanese business culture, and my view is that the further away Honda has got from Sochira's leadership the closer it has gotten to this culture, is simply incompatible with modern F1 as it is not able to innovate at a fast enough pace nor is it able to work with partners in a constantly changing environment. Every interview I read I see the same references, both explicit and hidden between the lines, to the structural issues I saw working there and sadly I simply do not see that there is any reasonable possibility that they can be resolved. Not in the next decade or two anyway.

Comment

I think given rules, would of have to be a 2014, but still, its designed around current era engine regs and would have fitted.
          Originally posted by brasher
          TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

"It's fair to say our engine is more than 10kg lighter and the CofG is a centimetre lower - it is incredible in Formula 1. I want to be proud about that, but I cannot. From that point of view we didn't step back, but everybody sees it as a step back."
            Interesting read! 10kg lighter is phenomenal. New architecture and all that, but still, it's an amazing amount to have saved.

Comment

Originally posted by 36 View Post
              Interesting read! 10kg lighter is phenomenal. New architecture and all that, but still, it's an amazing amount to have saved.
              Still a heavy paper weight though.

Comment

Yeh, no good losing 10 kg if the engine can't sustain the loads imposed by the aero and tyre grip of 2017....

I really struggle to think that Honda have so misshandled this engine development, but apparently they have.
                " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

This X10

Also surprising everything was based of a mono-cylinder with it only getting converted to a V6 in December! Or that it want dyno tested with the complete driveline or at least gearbox to test how the package works together.

So basically up until December last year, all the encouraging results where based around a 0.266cc single pumping piston. I think IMOA might have hit the nail on the head!
                  Originally posted by Babalouie
                  Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

It almost like Honda are running some backyard operation, when you have built millions upon millions of engines over the last 60 years and are such a large manufacturer with all the resources and money in the world being where they are now is just mind boggling.

They did take a year off at the start too, fuck knows what they did then.

Comment

Originally posted by 36 View Post
                      Must make it do much easier pushing the slow cunt of a thing onto the tow truck every time you take it on the track.

Comment

Anyone else thinking how good a Honda F1 single cylinder PU would be in a ride on mower. Bit of MGU-h for the long grass, don't even have to raise the blade.
                        2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                        2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                        I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Originally posted by S
                          I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
                            Anyone else thinking how good a Honda F1 single cylinder PU would be in a ride on mower. Bit of MGU-h for the long grass, don't even have to raise the blade.
                            Things Alonso would rather be doing..

Comment

Sounds risky- best to take the whole V6 if you have long grass

Comment

It'd at least sound good for 2/3rds of the race.

Comment

Working...
                                X