F1 Shit Talk Thread -

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the exception of Benz everyone’s 2019 car was a shit stack compared with 2018. It’s taken all the teams half the season to work out that whatever drugs their designers smoked when laying the ideas out in mid-2018 for 2019 cars wasn’t the same drugs that enhance physics and fluid dynamics skills.

Honda (like Renault) aren’t locked in for 2021 and beyond, plus there’s that rumoured team, Panthera, they’d be trying to get a customer engine deal too and Honda is exclusive to Redbull at the moment and potentially they try to keep that lock-in (despite the regs saying that engine suppliers have to offer a customer engine package although that may apply only for manufacturer teams)
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Engine suppliers can be forced to provide engines for other teams, they will start with the least supplied
      you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

Originally posted by GSRman View Post
        makes me wonder if Renault are bailing out.
        As weird as it may sound it makes me wonder if Merc are going to bail. They have a history of not sticking around. With Mclaren making a resurgence could be a seamless transition back into a works supplier. No need for special compensation from the FIA. Could easily share all information learnt during the next couple years and Mclaren get to cherry pick people.

Originally posted by Babalouie
        Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

that seems more likely than anything else to me.

But TBH, fuck knows.
          .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

I hate asking again, why would Merc bail out? Doesn't the F1 operation cost them nothing. Maybe if form changes and takes a dive post 2021?

Comment

Originally posted by gmx View Post
              I hate asking again, why would Merc bail out? Doesn't the F1 operation cost them nothing. Maybe if form changes and takes a dive post 2021?
              This, it cost them like like $30m last year - you cannot buy the advertising they get from being in the sport for 100 times that spend anywhere else.
              Originally posted by brasher
              TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post

This, it cost them like like $30m last year - you cannot buy the advertising they get from being in the sport for 100 times that spend anywhere else.
                Although true, they will still get the advertising through Mclaren Mercedes.
                Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post

Yep. Honda and Renault are the vulnerable ones. When it's costing a shit ton and there is little return on investment, shareholders obviously get ansty. Honda haven't confirmed 2021 yet , and I reckon Renault are one global market correction away from bowing out also.
                  Last edited by John; 02-10-19, 06:17 PM.
                  "What in the gay caped fuck is that?" by Shonky

Comment

Seriously anyone who actually expected Renault results before 2021 is a moron. They even stated that’s what they are driving towards. Yet people still expect Dan to win in 19 or 20. It’s baffling

I will support him and hope he finishes as high up as possible for the next 1.5 seasons but 21 is where results need to happen.

Comment

The Mercedes Formula 1 team earned and spent almost the same amount in 2018 as it did in 2017, newly released accounts have revealed.

The team's income, from F1 prize money, sponsorship and parent company Daimler AG, rose from £337.2m in 2017 to £338.4m last year.

Expenditure increased from £309.7m to £311.4m, resulting in a post tax profit of £13.3m.

Income and expenditure had previously made a significant jump from 2016 to 2017, with the latter figures reflecting the R&D costs associated with the major F1 rules changes introduced that season.

The fact that its expenditure essentially stayed the same in 2018 suggests that Mercedes opted to maintain that level of investment in a period of relatively stable rules.

However there is no outward sign yet of the team addressing the cost cap that is coming in 2021, and which will force the big three teams to trim spending and inevitably head counts.
                      So they made a PROFIT to be in the sport - no reason for them to walk.

Comment

Originally posted by vet 180 View Post

Although true, they will still get the advertising through Mclaren Mercedes.
                        Bit different to Mclaren Mercedes of the 90s. Mclaren is now a manufacturer in their own right so the ability to promote the Mercedes brand and cars would limited unless AMG started supplying running gear to the road company as well????
                        If in doubt power out

Comment

https://racer.com/2019/10/02/commerc...t-end-of-year/

Comment

Originally posted by Rona View Post

Bit different to Mclaren Mercedes of the 90s. Mclaren is now a manufacturer in their own right so the ability to promote the Mercedes brand and cars would limited unless AMG started supplying running gear to the road company as well????
                            I actually think a potential road car tie up and the marketing possible with the F1 status of these 2 teams have is potentially the reason for the agreement. That and the fact that if Mclaren want to be the best they have to benchmark themselves against a chassis that is wining races. Running the same engine gives them that option. And although Merc pulling out in the short term is very doubtful it does give them the option down the road later on to be a works supplier.

i seriously doubt Renault are going anywhere they have invested too much without an ROI. There is too much F1 history, it’s a proud brand in Europe and they are the only car company in recent years that is actually growing (Chinese brands excluded).

Honda might have considered bailing but I think the success this year might have been enough to stick around

Comment

Originally posted by Rona View Post

Well McLaren's road cars will need a new powerplant sometime. They have had the 4.0 TT Nissan derived engine in every model so they might want to try something different.

The problem is that AMG are an engine supplier to Aston Martin (who also sponsor Red Bull) who may have their mid-engined supercharged V6 in the Valhalla. I don't know if the V6 is an AMG engine. I don't know if they want to go V8 with this model or maybe in the future.THE DB11 & the AMG GT share engines. AMG will have to be careful that they don't piss off either party over who is the most exclusive performance partner. McClaren & Aston both strike me as road car companies with sensitive egos without bottomless budgets who each consider themselves "special".
                              Last edited by Smudge; 03-10-19, 09:24 PM.
                              He jerked off with the determination of someone within sight of Everestís summit, having lost all his friends and Sherpas, having run out of supplemental oxygen, but preferring death to failure.

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
                                Seriously anyone who actually expected Renault results before 2021 is a moron. They even stated that’s what they are driving towards. Yet people still expect Dan to win in 19 or 20. It’s baffling
                                Can't say I expected him to win - but I didn't expect the chassis & brakes to be so far behind - and then the engine to be pretty decent - once they figure out how fezz are cheating it will be even better
                                This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Working...
                                X