• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will watch that later today.
    Originally posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by bg0013 View Post
      how good is Rubens beyond the grid interview? (said in my best scomo voice)
      He must be doing the rounds, as he was on Autosport podcast the week before.

Nigel Mansell on this week's Motorsport Magazine podcast. Sadly they don't put up much content these days, as Beyond the Grid now owns this space.
      "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
      (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
      Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post

He must be doing the rounds, as he was on Autosport podcast the week before.

Nigel Mansell on this week's Motorsport Magazine podcast. Sadly they don't put up much content these days, as Beyond the Grid now owns this space.
        They were doing them before they were cool, and missed the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post

They were doing them before they were cool, and missed the boat.
          Yep. I suspect they don't have the money for the travel etc. Plus Autosport poached Nigel Roebuck a few years ago.
          "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
          (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
          Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Bottas just tweeted that he's getting divorced from his Finnish ex-Olympian swimmer wife.
            He jerked off with the determination of someone within sight of Everestís summit, having lost all his friends and Sherpas, having run out of supplemental oxygen, but preferring death to failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy928tt View Post
              Hear! Hear! Bernie has done so much for the sport that many are not aware of, his legacy is much larger than the man.
              If you mean make it the unequitable and utterly lopsided unfair championship ever? If you mean line the pockets of bankers who have nothing to do with F1 racing or the teams with 1/2billions US dollars for the past couple of decades? If you mean charge exhorbidant licencing fees to countries to host an F1 race, regardless of it's suitability? If you mean ensure that governments pay to have an F1 race, even if their country is either on the poverty line, or are despots? Then yes, i agree. Otherwise, talk about rose tinted glasses.
              "What in the gay caped fuck is that?" by Shonky

Comment

Yes, I do mean creating an inequitable and lopsided championship (ensuring that Italy and Germany as nations became thoroughly enamoured with the sport and created an earning juggernaut). Yes it was his position to create earnings for the owners of the sporting rights. And if that meant dealing with despots and dubious nations and charging them exorbitant fees so be it.

He also personally maneuvered behind the scenes to ensure ensure that the worthy drivers got half a chance to prove their mettle and that underdog teams had an ally looking out for them.

Unsurprisingly I am also a fan of Flavio, I probably wish I had their flair as businessmen....

In this day and age there is no sport in sport, it is all business. Supercars don't have teams any longer, they are franchises, AFL is contrived with draft manipulation and salary caps etc etc

It's hard to make a rational argument for F1, teams spend a couple of billion dollars combined to travel all over the globe to burn heaps of fuel and tear through tonnes of tyres, hardly what the world really needs?

" Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge View Post
                  Bottas just tweeted that he's getting divorced from his Finnish ex-Olympian swimmer wife.
                  I'll expect her call imminently
                  This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Mr Super long question is back

1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
                    The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

I love that guy ^ hahaha

When he rambled on and on for what seemed like about 10 minutes, with an unnecessarily verbose question to Seb, and Seb turned around and asked him to please repeat the question...GOLD!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20191129-WA0039.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	7094677

Comment

Unsurprisingly I am also a fan of Flavio, I probably wish I had their flair as businessmen....
                          As much as the charm and swagger is obvious, I find it hard to warm to a guy that is a convicted crook, who skipped jail for 3yrs in exile, a man who blatantly cheated in F1, and now spends his days as a 60year old pervert preying on barely legal young girls.

Wonder if if he was mates with Jeffrey....

Comment

He is 69.

There is legal and illegal, he better make sure he is on the right side of the line, otherwise he might end up "committing suicide" too

Comment

Peter Sauber once remarked that the sport needed the colourfull characters....

" Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Peter Sauber once remarked that the sport needed the colourfull characters....
                                Colourful, yes.

Crooks - umm, not so sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X