Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring Malaysia back.
    If in doubt power out

Comment

What about India, the circuit there is still good....... Well except for the jump on the main straight and the fact it and the surrounding infrastructure is built to Indian standards

Comment

The Korean track was quite neat too, but too close to China to be considered a candidate
        Last edited by Mr Ree; 14-02-20, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post
          not long till TJ gets his hair frizzed

Click image for larger version Name:	v3imagesbin845c33c7595ca9d518d94c85024665cd-17u538r909abtolett2_ct1880x930.jpg Views:	0 Size:	267.0 KB ID:	7113030
          His helmet is going fly off like Simoncelli

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
              The Korean track was quite neat too, but to close to China to be considered a candidate
              Well as they'll be close by, give then the rural Monaco experience Alan Jones always waxed lyrical about

Comment

As for F1 YT channels, I like this dude:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovczxaZNRJI

Comment

Replace China with Bathurst and Vietnam with the Nurburgring. That would sort out the men from the boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Gats View Post
                    Replace China with Bathurst and Vietnam with the Nurburgring. That would sort out the men from the boys.
                    We can only but dream

Comment

surely Adelaide still has all its bollards and barricades in storage somewhere.

Aussie double header

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post
                        Aussie double header
                        Just run it on back to back weekends in Melbourne. 2nd week run anti-clockwise & pit on the left.
                        The chance of it being dry & sunny for 2 Sundays in Melb is small.

He jerked off with the determination of someone within sight of Everestís summit, having lost all his friends and Sherpas, having run out of supplemental oxygen, but preferring death to failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge View Post
                          Just run it on back to back weekends in Melbourne. 2nd week run anti-clockwise & pit on the left.
                          I realise that you were being facetious, but as cool as that would be, the circuit would never get FIA approval due to the lack of run off areas on nearly every corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge View Post
                            Yet to actually see a decent Melbourne race. Usually a procession.
                            "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                            (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                            Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post

Yet to actually see a decent Melbourne race. Usually a procession.
                              Agreed, year after year its a procession, but I have still gone to it 5 times, and had an awesome time every time. The season opener has such a buzz about it, and while there are better circuits out there, I dont think there is anywhere else in the world that could put on the first race as well as Melbourne.

There is a couple of areas that they could tweak to make it more overtaking friendly, but theyre pretty limited given what surrounds the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post

Agreed, year after year its a procession, but I have still gone to it 5 times, and had an awesome time every time. The season opener has such a buzz about it, and while there are better circuits out there, I dont think there is anywhere else in the world that could put on the first race as well as Melbourne.

There is a couple of areas that they could tweak to make it more overtaking friendly, but theyre pretty limited given what surrounds the lake.
                                Agree. Its better than no race!

But its a shame the track doesn't deliver better racing.
                                "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                                (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                                Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Working...
                                X