Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F1 Shit Talk Thread -

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    With new car sales tanking will Renault cut back on F1? They have been frustrated with progress.

    amazing how F1 works. Sainz was beaten by teammates Max, then Hulk, had a pretty good year with McLaren against a relative newbie, then ends up in a Fezza.

    Comment


      Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post

      whats hard to understand? Renault are going nowhere and McLaren are much faster/more reliable/getting merc power....
      Because it seems fickle and the idea was a multi-year plan then dives off (potentially) after results over a season

      Comment


        the rule change was also pushed back a year anyway wasnt it?

        This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

        Comment


          That author sure is good at reading minds.
          #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

          Comment


            Nearly all the outlets are reporting it as a done deal just waiting on official announcement and the Alonso back to Renault is gathering steam.

            Renault F1 just posted this https://www.instagram.com/p/CAIF1w_I7TX/

            Comment


              Ric worried about Ocon joining vs having kid Lando as teammate?
              "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

              "In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
              (TM - AVENGE)

              "You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
              Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

              Comment


                Originally posted by Ned Loh View Post
                With new car sales tanking will Renault cut back on F1? They have been frustrated with progress.

                amazing how F1 works. Sainz was beaten by teammates Max, then Hulk, had a pretty good year with McLaren against a relative newbie, then ends up in a Fezza.
                I think Ferrari see Sainz as a good number 2. Cheaper than Daniel, less likely to run into issues trying to manage 2 guns. Ferrari like having a number 2.

                Carlos going from near scrap heap 18 months ago to a Ferrari seat is a fair turnaround. He drove well last year to be fair.

                Comment


                  Lando is better than Ocon imo. Ocon didn't really do much in his season at Force India. Sainz races far better than he qualifies, he smoked Lando across 2019.
                  If in doubt power out

                  Comment


                    Or does Dan know that renault will probably disappear for 21???

                    Renault head office has been making noise about leaving F1 for a couple of years now, this season and the fallout in car sales, as pointed out above, and the long recovery period with no dollars going in will be a tough time all round for F1.

                    I can see Renault going as the factory pulls the money, WIlliams going as they just don't have the performance anymore and their name will not be worth much in the brave new post beer flu corporate world where resulst will matter.

                    HAAS will stay as long as Carl HAAS is happy to spend the money and he can keep some dollars coming in.

                    Racing Point will be around as long as daddy stroll wants to bang grid sluts and be seen at the races

                    Red Bull will make the usual noises about pulling the pin, but we all know that F1 is the best marketing tool they have for their foul tasting fizzy caffeine heart starter

                    Merc will stay for a few more years until someone beats them

                    Fezza will always be there. EVen if it was a two car championship it would be two cars racing, maybe that's what ferrari want to guarantee a WDC and WCC

                    McLaren will be one the last to go, they are on the up, seem to be getting some good corporate backing on the back of strong results and are one of th teams in it for the long haul.

                    Or I could be completely wrong on everything I just wrote....

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
                      Ric worried about Ocon joining vs having kid Lando as teammate?
                      Ric probably has discovered Ocon doesn’t see the funny side of being punched in the balls.

                      Realistically whatever this season plays out like it’s not going to reflect any teams ability to perform in the same way that a regular season would and no driver making choices right now is doing so on little more than “promises”.

                      I’m sure Cyril is promising an extra 100hp to Alonso right now
                      ---
                      Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
                        Or does Dan know that renault will probably disappear for 21???

                        Renault head office has been making noise about leaving F1 for a couple of years now, this season and the fallout in car sales, as pointed out above, and the long recovery period with no dollars going in will be a tough time all round for F1.

                        I can see Renault going as the factory pulls the money, WIlliams going as they just don't have the performance anymore and their name will not be worth much in the brave new post beer flu corporate world where resulst will matter.

                        HAAS will stay as long as Carl HAAS is happy to spend the money and he can keep some dollars coming in.

                        Racing Point will be around as long as daddy stroll wants to bang grid sluts and be seen at the races

                        Red Bull will make the usual noises about pulling the pin, but we all know that F1 is the best marketing tool they have for their foul tasting fizzy caffeine heart starter

                        Merc will stay for a few more years until someone beats them

                        Fezza will always be there. EVen if it was a two car championship it would be two cars racing, maybe that's what ferrari want to guarantee a WDC and WCC

                        McLaren will be one the last to go, they are on the up, seem to be getting some good corporate backing on the back of strong results and are one of th teams in it for the long haul.

                        Or I could be completely wrong on everything I just wrote....
                        Gene Haas... Carl is 6 feet under
                        /csh Racing

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by lukevl View Post
                          I don’t understand the Ricciardo move. He never signed to be competitive in 2019 and 2020. The aim was 21 right? I’m sure he knows plenty we don’t though
                          Given there are no 2020 performances to base that decision on, is he not making the decision that will be closest to seeing him being competitive in '21?

                          Originally posted by Jim
                          I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                          Originally posted by elfturbomax
                          What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                          1UZ+1NZ...

                          Comment


                            Maybe Dan just really wants a Speedtail company car from McLaren

                            Comment


                              McLaren have confirmed Danny will be joining them.

                              Comment


                                And Renault just posted that he's leaving.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X