F1 Shit Talk Thread -

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Dan has made the best move available. Hopefully it translates to wins.

Comment

Race wins are possible in a fez, I don't think they are possible in a mclaren - happy to be surprised -

I do get the feeling that Renault might bail before the new regs though
      This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Nice upgrade on the Company car for Dan - lol Cyril acting like a jilted 13 year old

Comment

I wonder if Dan took a pay cut? There were many $$$ to lure him to go to Renault

Comment

Just saw a headline saying McLaren are paying him 17.5 million per year. I didn't read the article so no idea if that was dollars or pounds.

Comment

I really don’t understand why Ferrari took Sainz or DR.
              DR is a way better and faster driver.
              MK7 Golf R 11.3@123.9mph. still working at getting into the 10s
              F80 M3 LCI2 10.78@130mph ( Quickest stock turbo M3 in Oz )

Comment

Some articles are saying he is getting more at McLaren.

I wonder if there'll be a few swaps this year, cannot see Renault wanting to continue with Dan this year.

Little note, in pretty sure the Mercedes deal with McLaren is just a customer engine deal, unlike their previous association, which was a works or semi-works arrangement.

Hopefully that chassis is actually THAT good.
                Panzer Wagen

M-Cars follow the idea that power should be felt & not seen

Comment

Originally posted by Uwish View Post
                  maybe he didn't want to be a #2 in every way except on paper to charlie.
                  i believe he is equal to charlie in the car, but Ferrari haven't had an equal opportunity policy for a long long time

Comment

Some big losers in this silly season. Realistically Ferrari was the best seat in the market (ie Merc and RB not open) and they picked Sainz. Says a lot about the pool they had to pick from.
                    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

I read a couple of articles last night after all of the announcements. Moving from Renault to McLaren is definitely a good step for Dan. They are a better long term team (as in they are going to be here for the long haul), they'll have a better motor and they have a MUCH better management team (Zac and Andreas Seidl). I think he has way more (but still small) chance of winning at McLaren than Renault. Ferrari would have had a better chance of winning next year, but the experience would have been much worse (definite number 2, etc).
                      Plus company car upgrade and a much better team mate is a massive plus.
                      I'd be surprised if he's getting 17.5mil anything at the moment. McLaren has been one of the loudest teams talking about struggling with finances.
                      I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwish View Post
                        Is he?

Sainz has shown he is more than capable.
                        Originally posted by brasher
                        TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

i think the lando and daniel social media show is going to be entertaining / hilarious next year.

Comment

It's not always about the money when you are chasing a trophy, get that first, then get the money, then the bitches.
                            2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                            2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                            I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

So - randomly flicked over foxtel the other day and there was some sort of V8 supercar racing E-series - and one of the F1 guys was driving and like came third..

/CoolStoryBro
                              This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMac View Post
                                Some articles are saying he is getting more at McLaren.

I wonder if there'll be a few swaps this year, cannot see Renault wanting to continue with Dan this year.

Little note, in pretty sure the Mercedes deal with McLaren is just a customer engine deal, unlike their previous association, which was a works or semi-works arrangement.

Hopefully that chassis is actually THAT good.
                                Only internet hearsay, but the Merc customer engine deal is they get the same spec as the works team. How that packages into their chassis is their problem. Ferrari on the other hand, a customer team has only won once.

I'm thinking Dan is angling for a Merc seat when Hamilton retires or Bottas gets the boot. Being in a McLaren puts him closer to that than if he was in a Renault. But who isn't trying to get a Merc seat.
                                My car
                                Corolla
                                Originally posted by brasher
                                I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X